What's new

National Lampoon's European Vacation staring Donald Trump

Funny thing is, I have no interest in forcing anything on anyone. I wish every state is given the chance to vote for secession. That way, I can enjoy watching the nitwit, racist, isolationist states collapse, while I bask in the comfort of first world quality of life.

Except it wouldn’t work like that. Even if secession was allowed it would be a massive **** show for everyone. We’d all suffer imo. We are way to connected.

Except it wouldn’t work like that. Even if secession was allowed it would be a massive **** show for everyone. We’d all suffer imo. We are way to connected.

Uh, no. Life would go on, and the South would finally be forced to adapt to the 21st century without being held afloat by the welfare of the more successful parts of the US.

Uh, no. Life would go on, and the South would finally be forced to adapt to the 21st century without being held afloat by the welfare of the more successful parts of the US.

Never said it wouldn't go on. I said it would be a **** show and it would. I agree that your end result would come. But it wouldn't be all sunshine and rainbows for everyone else IMO.

Regarding his claim, at the conclusion of the NATO meeting, that member countries had agreed to increase their defense spending. Well. as Macron noted after, that was not true at all. They simply remained committed to the 2% figure by 2024, that was already agreed to before the meeting. Further, the fool apparently thinks the money raised is placed into some kind of NATO "kitty". He still gets that wrong every time he talks about it, and acts as if member countries somehow owe the US money.

Personally, I do read a lot of the liberal press in the United States. The Washington Post being my favorite. Fox News, on the other hand, is simply state media, IMHO. Its the principle propaganda arm of the Trump administration. A free press has long been referred to as the 4th estate. I think an adversarial press is far healthier then a compliant press, since a compliant press is exactly what you have in Fox, which simply repeats Trump's many lies and offers no critique of the administration.

Anyway, I sometimes watch the man's rallies. I figured, if he were elected, that his governing style would consist of twitter and campaign style rallies, and that seems to be the case. Most presidents, once elected, make some effort to reach out to those who did not vote for them. They make some effort to be a president for all Americans. This guy speaks to his base. Period. And I do believe his ego needs these rallies.

Here's 3 minutes from his most recent rally, held in Montana. I really only need listen to the man in his own words to dislike him. I don't need any media, though I live off that media for intelligent analysis. But just watching and listening to him at his rallies is quite enough to sicken me, and disgust me. I see a man with no class, and someone who comes across as a clown. And, really, a total jerk. No liberal media actually required to come to that conclusion. And I don't support such a destructive jerk....

Never said it wouldn't go on. I said it would be a **** show and it would. I agree that your end result would come. But it wouldn't be all sunshine and rainbows IMO.

It wouldn't be sunshine and rainbows, no. But I think it would be for the best. I'd rather not have to follow a nationalist leadership, and I'm sure the nationalists want nothing to do with the progressives. So you know, let them do their thing, and let natural selection take care of the rest.

Regarding his claim, at the conclusion of the NATO meeting, that member countries had agreed to increase their defense spending. Well. as Macron noted after, that was not true at all. They simply remained committed to the 2% figure by 2024, that was already agreed to before the meeting. Further, the fool apparently thinks the money raised is placed into some kind of NATO "kitty". He still gets that wrong every time he talks about it, and acts as if member countries somehow owe the US money.

Personally, I do read a lot of the liberal press in the United States. The Washington Post being my favorite. Fox News, on the other hand, is simply state media, IMHO. Its the principle propaganda arm of the Trump administration. A free press has long been referred to as the 4th estate. I think an adversarial press is far healthier then a compliant press, since a compliant press is exactly what you have in Fox, which simply repeats Trump's many lies and offers no critique of the administration.

Anyway, I sometimes watch the man's rallies. I figured, if he were elected, that his governing style would consist of twitter and campaign style rallies, and that seems to be the case. Most presidents, once elected, make some effort to reach out to those who did not vote for them. They make some effort to be a president for all Americans. This guy speaks to his base. Period. And I do believe his ego needs these rallies.

Here's 3 minutes from his most recent rally, held in Montana. I really only need listen to the man in his own words to dislike him. I don't need any media, though I live off that media for intelligent analysis. But just watching and listening to him at his rallies is quite enough to sicken me, and disgust me. I see a man with no class, and someone who comes across as a clown. And, really, a total jerk. No liberal media actually required to come to that conclusion. And I don't support such a destructive jerk....

I'd rather a press that isn't adversarial or compliant. Simply fact based with no thought to how it relates to the current admins line. I think the major outlets pigeon hole their own brands with the pundit shows they have. Like Hannity and Maddow. They'd see a far better response as far as trust if the "news" outlets dropped these shows and went strictly fact based. Start a separate network that focuses on opinion if that's what they want.

Man if Texas ever succeeds, I'd be there within a week permanently. I'll get a Texas passport and enjoy life and no income tax.

The authoritarians do not understand charity trumps anything government has ever done.

The poor had better medical care before medicare!

That would be so cool if Texas did that. Cool for the rest of the U.S..

It'd seriously be fantastic. OK, AB, AK, MS, etc can follow. Enjoy your tax free haven! We'll just focus on building a decent, modern society.

The authoritarians do not understand charity trumps anything government has ever done.

The poor had better medical care before medicare!

Oh yes, the great medical care of early 20th century medicine. Sounds legit.

Ask a doctor who is old enough, there are some still around, it's illegal for them to work for free. That's what they use to do. Now they must go thru the bureaucracy to do so.

It was free will charity. Beautiful. Not tyrant bureaucracy, who by the way, has bankrupted the greatest creditor nation in history. "Social Security" while a great idea, is a ponzi scheme. You trust snakes, go ahead.

Ask a doctor who is old enough, there are some still around, it's illegal for them to work for free. That's what they use to do. Now they must go thru the bureaucracy to do so.

It was free will charity. Beautiful. Not tyrant bureaucracy, who by the way, has bankrupted the greatest creditor nation in history. "Social Security" while a great idea, is a ponzi scheme. You trust snakes, go ahead.

Suuuuuuuch clichés!

I'm sure when amputation was the cure for a minor infection, before antibiotics were invented, and when a quarter of children didn't live past their 10th year, medicine was much easier to cover through the charity of your neighbors. Now that it costs 100s of thousands a head to keep practically everyone alive into their 80s, it's not so easy. You know, because it's a different world. One where people are healthier, safer, and more financially secure (those are facts, now THAT trumps your silly old doctor anecdotes). Sorry that you only care about kicking the Mexicans out, but some of us look for other qualities in our public officials.

Man I wish you could meet me. Married to latina. Spend much time in South America.

I'm very well versed in philosophy and such. If you're sincere Siro I think you'd find "The Revolution" a Manifesto by Ron Paul to be quite eye opening. I have it to my liberal brother in law and he couldn't rebut it, just said "naw he's not a republican" to which I was like yea, he's more like a founding father.

They were more educated than your average person today and they didn't even have internet?

Do you know why we use the "Inch" in America?

Do you know why the great pyramid and eye on the back of your money represent? It's not malevolent. Anyway, good day dude.

Man if Texas ever succeeds, I'd be there within a week permanently. I'll get a Texas passport and enjoy life and no income tax.

What will it take to make Texas successful and why are they so unsuccessful now?

Reactions: Red
I'd rather a press that isn't adversarial or compliant. Simply fact based with no thought to how it relates to the current admins line. I think the major outlets pigeon hole their own brands with the pundit shows they have. Like Hannity and Maddow. They'd see a far better response as far as trust if the "news" outlets dropped these shows and went strictly fact based. Start a separate network that focuses on opinion if that's what they want.

Well, a press that is pointing out Trump's lies and alternative facts is, in my opinion, doing the citizenry a service by so doing. Now, since Trump labels any and all news that does not cast him in a favorable light as "fake news", that press that is pointing out his lies is automatically seen as adversarial by Trump and Trump supporters. Indeed, he has not only referred to that press as "fake news", he has called the press "the enemy of the people". At his most recent Montana rally, as he does at all his rallies, he pointed to the press area and called them "bad people". Is that right? Is that not dangerous, to label a free press the enemy of the people?

So I am not sure how the press points out "just the facts" in this case, without being adversarial in the eyes of Trump and his supporters, since he is a serial liar, and I want a press that is going to expose those lies, not simply report them with no commentary or analysis.

As far as cable networks, yes, those 24 hour news vehicles have changed everything by supplying partisan viewpoints round the clock. It has added to the divisiveness we are experiencing at this time in our history. No doubt. I do watch MSNBC, but, even with my obvious left leaning tilt, I am not oblivious to the overkill....

Man I wish you could meet me. Married to latina. Spend much time in South America.

I'm very well versed in philosophy and such. If you're sincere Siro I think you'd find "The Revolution" a Manifesto by Ron Paul to be quite eye opening. I have it to my liberal brother in law and he couldn't rebut it, just said "naw he's not a republican" to which I was like yea, he's more like a founding father.

They were more educated than your average person today and they didn't even have internet?

You're well versed in philosophy and you're blown away by a book by Ron Paul? I doubt you're versed in philosophy. Also, I don't consider myself a liberal. I'm more of a nihilist. I just enjoy mocking people's convictions. I guess that also answers your question about my sincerity.

And people were not more educated. Why do you keep making things up?