What's new

NFL Discussion Thread - 2013

bwahaha

Biggest %^$# award should go to Clay Matthews for advertising he was going to go head-hunting and then doing so. Let's hope karma catches up to him and he suffers a career-ending injury. There's simply no place for that kind of crap in the NFL.

If he publicly announced it and then did so I would think fines and suspensions are in order. Was there anything shady or against the rules that he did?

Clay matthews tackle wasn't even thay bad imo.

If he publicly announced it and then did so I would think fines and suspensions are in order. Was there anything shady or against the rules that he did?

Late hit out of bounds on the QB (I think).

bwahaha

Biggest %^$# award should go to Clay Matthews for advertising he was going to go head-hunting and then doing so. Let's hope karma catches up to him and he suffers a career-ending injury. There's simply no place for that kind of crap in the NFL.

Okay DJ Soap Opera.

Na. He stated the new rules and then said he was going to follow the new rules. Harbaugh and 49er fans decided to be a bunch of bitches about it.

Na. He stated the new rules and then said he was going to follow the new rules. Harbaugh and 49er fans decided to be a bunch of bitches about it.

It's not really a new rule. It came into question 10 or so years ago when Favre used to fake that he was throwing the ball after handing it off. That's when the league said that if a QB continued to give the appearance of being in the play, it was legal to hit him. Now that the read-option is in vogue, it's a topic again. I hope that all the read-option QB's get lit up and Whiners coach Dicky McDickdick cries about it, because his clean team would never do anything like that.

So basically just sore feelings. Crappy if he wanted to hurt people but whatever.

Matthews was just upset GB prepared for the read-option - and even signed a QB the 9'ers cut to their practice squad to help them with inside info - and then SF had CK stay in the pocket all day. I'm surprised GB didn't adjust to stop Boldin. But I guess they continued to believe Kaepernick couldn't make accurate throws downfield. And they committed to stopping Gore and keeping CK from running.

And kudos to Alex Smith. He had his normal "game manager" type performance in Kansas City: 60%+ completions, but low average yards per pass with just 173 yards on 21 of 34, 2 TD's and no turnovers.

What the hell were the Ravens thinking giving up Boldin for just a 6th round pick? All Kaep needs to do is throw it up and he will come down with the ball every time. It's a shame Crabtree tore his Achilles. That duo along with Vernon would've been sick!

What no mention that in the GB vs 9'ers game that the officials incorrectly applied the dead ball penalty, it should have been 4th down and not reply 3rd down which on the very next play the 9'ers threw a TD pass.
Not that I care both teams could lose every game from here on out and I would be happy.

”I’m not worried about what people are saying. If intimidation is your game plan, I hope you have a better one.”
--Kaepernick on whether he was bracing for some hits from Matthews, who said during the week the Packers would be focused punishing the 49ers quarterback.

BTwLYM5IcAAASnn.jpg:large

What no mention that in the GB vs 9'ers game that the officials incorrectly applied the dead ball penalty, it should have been 4th down and not reply 3rd down which on the very next play the 9'ers threw a TD pass.
Not that I care both teams could lose every game from here on out and I would be happy.

But the NFL on Monday stated that 49ers left tackle Joe Staley’s actions after rushing over to protect Colin Kaepernick did not warrant an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

“After reviewing the play, Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino determined that Joe Staley should not have been penalized,” an NFL spokesman said in a statement.

So the 49ers should have been awarded a first-and-goal at the Packers 3-yard line after Packers outside linebacker Clay Matthews illegally hit Kaepernick after he stepped out of bounds at the 6-yard line.

https://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/nfl-staley-should-not-have-been-penalized

Should have been 1st and Goal for the 49ers at the Packers 3-yard line. The 49ers got the raw end of that deal. They still managed to capitalize and score the TD.

Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz

And yet if idiot Matthews doesn't hit Kaep almost 5 yards out of bounds, we aren't having this discussion. And as Katie showed, Staley never should've been called for anything.

What the hell were the Ravens thinking giving up Boldin for just a 6th round pick? All Kaep needs to do is throw it up and he will come down with the ball every time. It's a shame Crabtree tore his Achilles. That duo along with Vernon would've been sick!

Ravens had to cut salary costs after giving that huge deal to Flacco. Boldin was due $6M which SF could luckily absorb. I fear the same thing will happen with SF. Kaep is going to demand a fortune and SF will have to start making difficult choices. Good news is they have a %^$# load of draft picks (14 next season, IINM). They also have several players currently on IR that would likely make the team, including eventual projected starters like Lattimore and Carradine. Count on some of the older guys being let go after the next season or two and draft picks replacing them. Crabtree might be too expensive to keep. He's kind of like Boozer: great player when he wants to be, but just can't stay healthy. Can't have a guy like that taking up a ton of cap space. Watch out for Patton at WR. He's going to be a stud. And McDonald might be a very good replacement for Davis at TE if SF can't afford his next deal.

Ravens had to cut salary costs after giving that huge deal to Flacco. Boldin was due $6M which SF could luckily absorb. I fear the same thing will happen with SF. Kaep is going to demand a fortune and SF will have to start making difficult choices. Good news is they have a %^$# load of draft picks (14 next season, IINM). They also have several players currently on IR that would likely make the team, including eventual projected starters like Lattimore and Carradine. Count on some of the older guys being let go after the next season or two and draft picks replacing them. Crabtree might be too expensive to keep. He's kind of like Boozer: great player when he wants to be, but just can't stay healthy. Can't have a guy like that taking up a ton of cap space. Watch out for Patton at WR. He's going to be a stud. And McDonald might be a very good replacement for Davis at TE if SF can't afford his next deal.

Niners are set at RB as well. Gore will probably be gone after this year. But Kendall Hunter is probably as good as Gore is right now.

Niners are set at RB as well. Gore will probably be gone after this year. But Kendall Hunter is probably as good as Gore is right now.

I agree about hunter = gore.... plus they have lamichael james as a change of pace back I think

Marcus Lattimore next year

£¥£ Retiring at 20,000 £¥£

Lattimore is dope!.... but I think he is on roids (ever seen The Program?)