What's new

NFL Discussion Thread - 2013

Ravens had to cut salary costs after giving that huge deal to Flacco. Boldin was due $6M which SF could luckily absorb. I fear the same thing will happen with SF. Kaep is going to demand a fortune and SF will have to start making difficult choices. Good news is they have a %^$# load of draft picks (14 next season, IINM). They also have several players currently on IR that would likely make the team, including eventual projected starters like Lattimore and Carradine. Count on some of the older guys being let go after the next season or two and draft picks replacing them. Crabtree might be too expensive to keep. He's kind of like Boozer: great player when he wants to be, but just can't stay healthy. Can't have a guy like that taking up a ton of cap space. Watch out for Patton at WR. He's going to be a stud. And McDonald might be a very good replacement for Davis at TE if SF can't afford his next deal.

Vernon re-upped a year ago, so that takes care of that. McDonald was drafted to take over for Delaney Walker. Completely agree with Patton and Crab. Hope Crab can see he will be better off catching passes from Kaep, and recognize this offense is taylor made for his skills. Also hope that Baldwin can improve with a better qb throwing to him. He's got a lot of talent and upside. I can't wait to see Lattimore finally get on the field. Hope he comes back stronger then ever.

The difference between the Ravens and 49ers is we have a lot of serious talent waiting in the wings, where as the departure of Boldin has left the Ravens somewhat depleted on offense, not the case with the 49ers. Hell the 49ers even have a really good replacement waiting to replace J Smith

Na. He stated the new rules and then said he was going to follow the new rules. Harbaugh and 49er fans decided to be a bunch of bitches about it.

He didn't go by the rules as he hit Kaep almost 5 yards out of bounds then proceeded to punch and slap the 49ers player for protecting his qb as he should've. Sounds to me Matthews was the bitch. Had Matthews done the same thing to Manning the broncos and Broncos fans would've had the same complaints. Matthews should consider himself lucky he wasn't thrown out of the game for throwing punches.

He didn't go by the rules as he hit Kaep almost 5 yards out of bounds then proceeded to punch and slap the 49ers player for protecting his qb as he should've. Sounds to me Matthews was the bitch. Had Matthews done the same thing to Manning the broncos and Broncos fans would've had the same complaints. Matthews should consider himself lucky he wasn't thrown out of the game for throwing punches.
The NFL should have taken action. It wasn't just a late hit...he actually launched himself at Kaepernick, when CP was clearly going out of bounds. When you leave your feet, that definitely deserves at least a 1-game suspension.

AS for personnel, I remember VD re-upping. I'm thinking more of 4 years or so when contracts again have to be redone. 9'ers have probably the best LB corp in the NFL right now, Hopefully all those guys can stay around. Only holes I see right now are at CB and perhaps in the D-line. NT is iffy, J. Smith is old and R. McDonald is solid, but not spectacular. Also will need WR's depending on what happens with Crabtree. Boldin probably re-signs for another year or two: sure doesn't look like he's ready to enroll in AARP just yet!

The NFL should have taken action. It wasn't just a late hit...he actually launched himself at Kaepernick, when CP was clearly going out of bounds. When you leave your feet, that definitely deserves at least a 1-game suspension.

I have issue with "CP was clearly going out of bounds". The guy has shown the ability and willingness to make one last cut to get a few yards. Giving Matthews a late hit personal foul was the right call, but Matthews launched before Kaepernick was out of bounds. When CP starts sliding and surrendering instead of making a cut to gain more yards, I'll start taking the "clearly going out of bounds" view. Until then, he's not clearly doing anything.

I have issue with "CP was clearly going out of bounds". The guy has shown the ability and willingness to make one last cut to get a few yards. Giving Matthews a late hit personal foul was the right call, but Matthews launched before Kaepernick was out of bounds. When CP starts sliding and surrendering instead of making a cut to gain more yards, I'll start taking the "clearly going out of bounds" view. Until then, he's not clearly doing anything.

Wasnt even close.

clay1.0_standard_352.0.jpg

ScreenShot2013-09-08at2.26.25PM_crop_north.png

clay-matthews-late-hit.jpg

For sure one of the latest (if not THE latest) I've seen someone hit a QB after he was out of bounds. I challenge you to show me a video or picture of a later hit.

I'm a Niners hater after and was rooting for the Packers that game, but I also have 20/20 vision.

The bolded are the parts of C4's post that don't make sense.

WTF are you talking about C4? Nothing wrong with that hit if it didn't come when Kaep was nearly in the stands. Are you conusing "leaving your feet" with launching or something?

Flag for a late hit. Fine him maybe. Was anything done after the hit? The fact the the guy getting hit was the QB makes no difference.

Bahahahahaha.

First year watching the NFL?

In this situation is their any difference? It is not like he was in the pocket or had already thrown a pass. He is a runner that is now out of bounds. In this situation he is no different than any other guy hit late and out of bounds.

In this situation is their any difference? It is not like he was in the pocket or had already thrown a pass. He is a runner that is now out of bounds. In this situation he is no different than any other guy hit late and out of bounds.

I didn't mean officially, or according to the rule book, but the NFL doesn't treat it the same, even if they say they will.

I didn't mean officially, or according to the rule book, but the NFL doesn't treat it the same, even if they say they will.

Well that might be and in certain situations that QB is heavily protected by the rules. I am just saying that this situation right here the GB player should have been flagged and possibly fined just from the pics you provided regardless of the player he hit. If anything else happened after than an additional penalty, ejection or suspension depending on how severe it was.

Looks okay to me. I hope he gets hit like that all the time.

Just because he's a Niner. If Bradford was hit like that you'd cry like a baby.

I think Kaepernik would love to be hit like that all the time too... sissy hit out of bounds with potential 15 yards every time it happens.

I also hope he gets hit like that all the time... but not harder or lower.

After the hit Matthews threw a punch at another player that came to the aid of Kaep.

Then I'd probably eject him. If the player that came to the defense of Kaep did anything I'd hit him with a flag or eject him depending on his actions.

Late hits happen all the time. I do not see anything worthy of suspension from the pics and what is being said.

Then I'd probably eject him. If the player that came to the defense of Kaep did anything I'd hit him with a flag or eject him depending on his actions.

Late hits happen all the time. I do not see anything worthy of suspension from the pics and what is being said.

All I said was that he was lucky not to get thrown out. Also the nfl made a statement saying Staley did nothing wrong to warrant

All I said was that he was lucky not to get thrown out. Also the nfl made a statement saying Staley did nothing wrong to warrant

I did not mean to single you out.

If the NFL reviewed it and Staley is the guy that matthew swung at then yea id hit GB with a 15 yard penalty fromt he spot of the foul and kick Matthews from the game. No suspension.

I did not mean to single you out.

If the NFL reviewed it and Staley is the guy that matthew swung at then yea id hit GB with a 15 yard penalty fromt he spot of the foul and kick Matthews from the game. No suspension.

Everytime I see one of your posts I think you are katieMCR thanks to the new avatar