What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

Doncic is so fn talented. His vision with change of pace and actual shotmaking is unparalleled. I still don't think Dallas wins this. They are as a team prone to stupid mistakes. Even in this game, they turned it over a lot and allowed easy 2nd chance points. They need to cut those down if they want to have a chance.

I don't think this Clippers team has any adjustments they can make on offense. They either make shots or they don't. Rondo helps some but they still can't generate enoug easy looks.

who did the clippers tank to avoid by throwing the last 2 games of the season?

They lost to Houston so they'd avoid any scenario where they'd play the Lakers in the 1st round.
They lost to OKC so they'd avoid playing the Lakers in the 2nd round, and they'd play the Jazz instead.

Clippers were trying to avoid the Lakers until the WCF (which is probably what the league wants anyway), but they are starting to look beatable sooner than that.

It is at this point I discover that I need to cheer for Boston. Crap like this is why I don't follow the Eastern conference, almost at all.

Push-off P and Kawh-I-need-a-nap combined for 17 of 40. Yes please and thank you. 40 combined shots to get 49 points. Also with combined 3-14 from 3. They can't afford too many stinkers like that. Maybe Dallas takes this one, who knows. Luka with the 30-point triple-double. Day-um.

Sheesh... teh Bucks ain’t doing **** if they’re gonna make five 3s in a game. Lucky to escape with a win with that ****.

The Mavericks absolutely owned the Clippers defense today. Everything they threw at them they figured out. Dallas could win the series. At MINIMUM I think this series goes 6 games.
Dallas has been good against the West’s best teams all year long, fwiw.

I remember waaaaaaaaay back to last year.... when teh Utah Jazz intentionally lost the last couple of games in order to drop to a desired seeding. U must hate them.
Yeah, the Jazz weren't going to the championship game, they were just trying to get to the second round. That comes with a whole different set of expectations. The Clippers are favored by a lot of people. Running and hiding is a bad look for them.

Yeah, the Jazz weren't going to the championship game, they were just trying to get to the second round. That comes with a whole different set of expectations. The Clippers are favored by a lot of people. Running and hiding is a bad look for them.
That’s true. So why are 99% of the critiques of the Clippers awkward and emphasizing the wrong things? If someone tries to hammer them, and only mentions that they dropped two games on purpose, then it’s pretty obvious that they’ve failed to be very convincing. Tons of teams do that—including the team they root for.