What's new

OFFICIAL Postseason race thread *Sticky*

****ing Blazers. That team always annoys me. How have they been so ****ing healthy.

Ya'll need to rise up and get rowdy damnit! Where's is the passion!!! Gonna go on a run and take what's ours! By force!!!!

GO JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna start drop kicking fools off my (and CL's) Bandwagon 5th Seed Express! Open the door Cunning!!!!!!! Dala come with me! Grab the wheel Joe!!!

Hopping in.

We simply gotta finish strong before the break. Let's make it a 5 game win streak. Cmon Utah!

Blazers won again tonight.. that's 5 in a row for them. They're firing in all cylinders now it seems. Lillard's attempt at a more complete player shines through again tonight dishing out no less than 12 assists. Seems like these young Blazers are figuring out how to win games. They are out biggest competitor for the 8th seed that's for sure.

Quick question: Do we need to add Teague just to make the playoffs this year?
Porty's 5 games were all at home they include:
Lakers
Kings
Hornets
Wolves
Bucks

They lost to the Hawks at home before that. Coming up they have: Raptors, Rockets twice and Grizzlies. First game after all-star is Warriors. Things will even out.

****ing Blazers. That team always annoys me. How have they been so ****ing healthy.

To be fair, if one team deserves good health for once, it's the ****in' Blazers.

The rest of their schedule is tough as ****, though, so I'm sure we'll be ahead of them in no time.

We're also in a tough situation with the Blazers cuz they beat us twice and both games weren't close. We need to blow them the **** out both times to stand a chance (assuming tiebreaker goes to point differential?)

Conference W/L record is a higher priority tiebreaker than point differential. The Blazers are 18-15 vs he west and the Jazz is 11-17..

Blazers won again tonight.. that's 5 in a row for them. They're firing in all cylinders now it seems. Lillard's attempt at a more complete player shines through again tonight dishing out no less than 12 assists. Seems like these young Blazers are figuring out how to win games. They are out biggest competitor for the 8th seed that's for sure.

Quick question: Do we need to add Teague just to make the playoffs this year?

Need?? No. He would greatly increase the chances though... (but at what cost?)

The Blazers were projected to win 26½ games this year. They've got 24 thru 50 games. Super easy $$, I warned yas the Jazz at 40 something wins wasn't the best action.

The Blazers were projected to win 26½ games this year. They've got 24 thru 50 games. Super easy $$, I warned yas the Jazz at 40 something wins wasn't the best action.
If Portland had two of their best players (mccollum and lillard) each miss around 20 games and the jazz stayed mostly healthy then how would things look?

If Portland had two of their best players (mccollum and lillard) each miss around 20 games and the jazz stayed mostly healthy then how would things look?

On 26½ wins?? They'd probably still be on or near the pace to beat it, that team can rebound... They'v got a team that makes less than 50 mil in salary.. The lowest in the NBA.. So taking away the 2 best players is obviously going to most likely cause a tank.

Lillard missed the first 7 games of his career this season, after 250+ consecutive starts, he's an ironman. McCollum's only missed 2, one of which was a clerical error, he's never made it thru a full season though.

Last night's recap:

Rockets, Blazers and Lakers won.

Wolves and Suns lost.

Bad night for Utah's playoff push but a good night for the Wolves and Suns beating the Lakers tank.

Tonight's games:

Warriors @ Wizards
Magic @ Thunder
Heat @ Mavs (This would be a big one)
Nuggets @ Jazz
Bulls @ Kings (another big one)
Wolves @ Clippers (burns to say this but a wolves loss hurts the Lakers more and the Clips are the 4th seed)

Tonight could be really good for the Jazz.

Tonight was a really good night for the Jazz!

Last night's recap:

JAZZ WIN!! 4 in a row!!!! CHOO CHOO!!!! The gap between Utah and Dallas has almost been cut in half this week.

Mavs, Pelicans, Nuggets, Kings and Clippers lost. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The Mavs and Kings losses are big and the Clippers loss is good for the soul.

Wolves, Thunder, Spurs and Warriors won.

Tonight's games:

Rockets @ Suns
Lakers @ Pelicans (at this point it is about the Lakers getting a worse draft pick)
Raptors @ Blazers

A Rockets and Blazers loss would be fantastic for the Jazz. OP Updated

Tonight was a really good night for the Jazz!

Last night's recap:

JAZZ WIN!! 4 in a row!!!! CHOO CHOO!!!! The gap between Utah and Dallas has almost been cut in half this week.

Mavs, Pelicans, Nuggets, Kings and Clippers lost. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The Mavs and Kings losses are big and the Clippers loss is good for the soul.

Wolves, Thunder, Spurs and Warriors won.

Tonight's games:

Rockets @ Suns
Lakers @ Pelicans (at this point it is about the Lakers getting a worse draft pick)
Raptors @ Blazers

A Rockets and Blazers loss would be fantastic for the Jazz. OP Updated

Awesome that the kings and mavs lost. Especially since they both had winnable games.

Go raptors and suns!!!

And only 3 games out of the 6th spot! Playoff matchup with OKC, here we come! :)

I don't think they can contain a healthy Westbrook and Durant, but how amazing would it be to go on a run and get to the 6th seed and then upset OKC? That would be a hell of a fun series - win or lose.

giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mfSfekiZeE

I don't think they can contain a healthy Westbrook and Durant, but how amazing would it be to go on a run and get to the 6th seed and then upset OKC? That would be a hell of a fun series - win or lose.
I think the jazz at least win one or maybe two against the thunder though