What's new

Official Public Declaration of Exums Future

What will Exum NBA career be?

• Total voters
2 years removed from HS. He was 1 year removed last year when he took the year off to train.

ah no .. he finished high school at the end of 2013 so he was about 10 months removed from his last high school game to his first NBA game. His high school games were a joke, he'd just cruise along until the 4th quarter and then go nuts for 10 minutes. From that to the NCCA would have been a massive jump let alone to the NBA He really should have gone to college for 2 years. Still think he'll be awesome in 3-4 years

1 year off with nothing to do but train for basketball and he still can't shoot and has terrible conditioning. It's a huge red flag that speaks to his work ethic. If I were a potential pro and had no responsibilities, I'd be training a couple of times per day (broken up by meals and weight training) and taking 1,000 shots/per day. Exum hasn't improved offensively since Day #1 - despite Quin asking him to drive more and be aggressive. Dante simply doesn't seem to have a competitive drive. And there's nothing anyone can do about that. He's the Kris Humphries of PG's. Krissy had a ton of potential, but no drive. He was on his fourth team and 7th season before he had even sub-worthy numbers.

In the name of one Jazz championship in my lifetime, sure hope you wrong.

He could bust, but their is still huge potential and with Snyder he has the right coach.

1 year off with nothing to do but train for basketball and he still can't shoot and has terrible conditioning. It's a huge red flag that speaks to his work ethic. If I were a potential pro and had no responsibilities, I'd be training a couple of times per day (broken up by meals and weight training) and taking 1,000 shots/per day. Exum hasn't improved offensively since Day #1 - despite Quin asking him to drive more and be aggressive. Dante simply doesn't seem to have a competitive drive. And there's nothing anyone can do about that. He's the Kris Humphries of PG's. Krissy had a ton of potential, but no drive. He was on his fourth team and 7th season before he had even sub-worthy numbers.

You, my friend are walking a fine line speaking ill of Kris Humphries. . .

Very comfortable.

56905883.jpg

That's odd you think he would have gone to a college or played in a euro league.
He didn't want to hurt his stock.

If he would have went to college or played in Europe he would have no longer been playing against high school Australians

His high school games were a joke, he'd just cruise along until the 4th quarter and then go nuts for 10 minutes.

I'm not encouraged by this knowledge

Can't wait to bump this in two years. More sig material in this thread than Jazzfanz has ever seen.

Exum is going to be the transcendent bust of our time.

Exum is bound to be the generational bust GMs lose their jobs over. Book it.

In the name of one Jazz championship in my lifetime, sure hope you wrong.

So do I.

Can't wait to bump this in two years. Sig material galore.

And I hope I'm one of those fools who dared to not believe. Right now I'm one of the only saying "the Emperor has no clothes." If this is bumped in 2-3 years and I'm proved wrong, I will defend myself by saying I was on the Gobert bandwagon before pretty much anyone else. And I and b_line were the two who selected him as the steal of the draft. Wish I could find that thread just for the heck of it.

So do I.

And I hope I'm one of those fools who dared to not believe. Right now I'm one of the only saying "the Emperor has no clothes." If this is bumped in 2-3 years and I'm proved wrong, I will defend myself by saying I was on the Gobert bandwagon before pretty much anyone else. And I and b_line were the two who selected him as the steal of the draft. Wish I could find that thread just for the heck of it.

Pretty much everybody is saying "the emperor has no clothes", just most people are on the train "the emperor has no clothes, but he has a damn good tailor, and some fine fabrics... hope they dress him real fancy by year 3"...

Pretty much everybody is saying "the emperor has no clothes", just most people are on the train "the emperor has no clothes, but he has a damn good tailor, and some fine fabrics... hope they dress him real fancy by year 3"...

The Emperor doesn't want to exert the effort to put on those clothes. He gets near them, then turns around and walks out of the room, leaving him just as naked as he was the day before.

The Emperor doesn't want to exert the effort to put on those clothes. He gets near them, then turns around and walks out of the room, leaving him just as naked as he was the day before.

The clothes are not ready yet. Good clothes take time... The hope is they will be done by the end of his rookie contract.

He's so young its hard to really tell. He also started off the season better than expected so there is hope. Right now his confidence and fawn in the headlights concern me, but his speed and 3 pt shot keep me hopeful.

I'd have to say on the very early results that he will in the least be a solid player in this league. I dont see any high level star in him right now, but that could change.