What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Well that was a historically good defensive performance, helped Weber State looked really slow and their receivers couldn't create any space between them and the defender. But part of that is a talented Utah defense being on top of things. Chase Hansen was really impressive and stood out, he's just a really great athlete that can close quickly. I was a bit disappointed with Huntley, there is still some maturing to do obviously, you hope that happens sooner rather than later with a tough early schedule. I missed the end but apparently Shelley made some plays, I remember being really impressed by his tape, and wonder why he wasn't recruited more. Covey is a must watch player, Whitt says he plays on getting him even more touches, so watch out!

Also: Donovan Mitchell is the king of Utah, there is no doubt about it, Sorry Rudy.

Well that was a historically good defensive performance, helped Weber State looked really slow and their receivers couldn't create any space between them and the defender. But part of that is a talented Utah defense being on top of things. Chase Hansen was really impressive and stood out, he's just a really great athlete that can close quickly. I was a bit disappointed with Huntley, there is still some maturing to do obviously, you hope that happens sooner rather than later with a tough early schedule. I missed the end but apparently Shelley made some plays, I remember being really impressed by his tape, and wonder why he wasn't recruited more. Covey is a must watch player, Whitt says he plays on getting him even more touches, so watch out!

Also: Donovan Mitchell is the king of Utah, there is no doubt about it, Sorry Rudy.

You saw the game the exact same way as I did it seems.

Can anyone tell me how I can watch the Ute game on Comcast? It’s not on fox sports and not on pac12 network and not on root.

Basically all Chase Hansen and Britain Covey. The rest I question. Including how is our special team play all the sudden crap. This was a game where we needed a Quin Snyder WAKE UP! outburst. Burn the game tape except Hansen and Covey plays. Hope Moss is okay.

I can be a fan of both. Until they played each other I don’t have to pick a side.

Yep.
I had 23 people at my house for a BBQ and had a bunch of cooking and other **** going on so i didn’t get to see much of this game.

From what I saw it was the o-line that was the weak link once again. (I thought they looked bad against Weber state too)

The O-line is a huge problem. Receivers that can't catch the damn ball is another one. At least 4 flat out drops in this one.

Huntley hasn't adapted to the change the Utes want from him.

The O line is gawd awful.

The playcalling is questionable at best.

The Utes are yet again, saved by their defense.

NIU has had a respectable program so hopefully they just played way better than expected, but I watched the game and the Utes are not who I thought they were. I'd kill to have Sutton Smith on the Utes. What. A. Beast.

Yep.
I had 23 people at my house for a BBQ and had a bunch of cooking and other **** going on so i didn’t get to see much of this game.

From what I saw it was the o-line that was the weak link once again. (I thought they looked bad against Weber state too)
Thanks for the invite, stranger.

Saw ASU knocked off Michigan State. Congrats to them, the national publications weren't too kind to the hiring of Herm Edwards, but so far so good.

Thanks for the invite, stranger.
There were lots of people that we wanted to invite but 23 was already enough to handle.
I didn't invite a single one of my friends. It was all my wifes friends this time. We plan to do another get together at some point where I am in charge of the invites/guest list.

Huntley hasn't adapted to the change the Utes want from him.

The O line is gawd awful.

The playcalling is questionable at best.

The Utes are yet again, saved by their defense.

NIU has had a respectable program so hopefully they just played way better than expected, but I watched the game and the Utes are not who I thought they were. I'd kill to have Sutton Smith on the Utes. What. A. Beast.
i think you are right about NIU. They would beat the crap out of weber state. Much better opponent.
The other thing is that sometimes when you open against 2 "easy" teams sometimes the players lose focus. I expect them to have a good week of practice and prep for the next game and come out focused.

i think you are right about NIU. They would beat the crap out of weber state. Much better opponent.
The other thing is that sometimes when you open against 2 "easy" teams sometimes the players lose focus. I expect them to have a good week of practice and prep for the next game and come out focused.

Defensively they were superior for sure, NIU had the best defense in the MAC last year, so it was not out of the ordinary that they would cause trouble for us. This was not a pushover team like Weber was.I think we'll be better off for having faced them, some of the mistakes we made you can get away with when facing them, but you won't get away with them when facing Washington. So it's a learning week the focus being on the receivers and the o-line. The receivers were inexperienced coming into the season and it's starting to show, but Covey can be the leader for that group and hopefully stear them in the right direction and I think he will, it's a talented group they just need the game experience.

I finally watched the whole game and that was brutal. The offense looked horrible. Huntley was running way too much like last year. The O line looked slow and just plain off. I hope they can turn things around this week.