What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Big game this week (its washington up on the hill right?).
Im going to be there tailgating at a couple of different spots that friends own. Gonna be the designated driver and have my 2 year old with me though :(

24-20 Utes.
I think this insane wind and smoke helps the Utes. (For those that don’t know the weather is pretty insane here right now. Everything in my yard is blown over and it hurts to breathe and your eyes are irritated due to all the smoke.)

24-20 Utes.
I think this insane wind and smoke helps the Utes. (For those that don’t know the weather is pretty insane here right now. Everything in my yard is blown over and it hurts to breathe and your eyes are irritated due to all the smoke.)

I think the game is gonna be as ugly as the weather. Hope they have oxygen on the sidelines...

24-20 Utes.

Oh man i remember the wind from the last game giving me all trouble with my eyes. Its like you rub your eyes because you cant help it but it just makes it worse.That sucked, tonight is looking worse. Fml

I’m done with this ****!! I’m sick and tired of this anemic offense. Whit needs to go. We need an offensive mind. The last time we had an offensive minded coach the Utes put up points and did whatever the hell they wanted on offense. This is so old I’m just done.

I've never seen a team so thoroughly beat themselves. The Utes should have won this game. They won't because of themselves. 2 fumbles with no contact, 1 of which cost them a TD. Stupid INT when they were in FG range. Penalties, and stupid plays.

I still think the Pac 12 refs are pieces of ****, but they didn't cost Utah this game.

I've never seen a team so thoroughly beat themselves. The Utes should have won this game. They won't because of themselves. 2 fumbles with no contact, 1 of which cost them a TD. Stupid INT when they were in FG range. Penalties, and stupid plays.

I still think the Pac 12 refs are pieces of ****, but they didn't cost Utah this game.

Accurate. Too many self inflicted stuff. Thought the second targeting/roughing the passer was bs, basically gifted them 7 points. But yeah we couldnt help ourselves when given the opportunity, case in point the guy who fumbled the ball out of bounds instead of running it in for the touchdown. Browning wanted to gift us one back and we couldnt take it . Very frustrating game. To say the least.

Agreed.
There was a perfect long ball pass by Huntley. Dropped by the receiver. The fumbles were really bad especially the d-lineman. THe ejections were questionable...... it sucks that the refs can’t look at the degree of the offense and it has to be so black and white. There wasn’t any headhunting going on out there. (I have a lot of frustration with this rule partly because of the BYU vs Utah game a few years ago)
I think intent should weigh heavily.... also think offensive players should be treated the same way.

Way physical game. Poor covey got hit so hard like a million times. Saw Huntley get bent over backwards brutally at the end of the game.

Tough loss and tough game to watch.

Did the Utes hire Ty Detmer? Lol

Utes offense has sucked for a long time..... haven’t been really good since 04’.
Defense and special team are usually near the top in the nation. Offense ALWAYS is what holds them back from really breaking through in the pac12

Huntley does not look comfortable at all in the offense the Utes are trying to run.

Neither did Troy Williams, or Wilson, or Wynn, or whoever was qb in recent history.

So the full game is available on youtube if anyone wants to watch it

I didn't realize it was the other ankle Moss injured so he's playing on two bad ankles and you can see him grimacing. Not ideal. Based on Utah's first touchdown drive you would have thought Huntley would have a great game. His accuracy was way off and has been all season. You gotta give the receiver a chance to catch the ball. Browning makes some curious decisions sometimes but he at least gives his guys the chance to make the play.

Untitled.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the second targeting call, I've watched this several times and the guy the ejected made no contact whatsoever with Browning. The guy on the bottom made a clean hit on Browning so who's the foul on? The official call was roughing the passer with targeting and they reviewed it and confirmed the call and the ejected the Ute defender on top? Very curious. Browning's head snapped back but it was because of the hit delivered by the guy on the bottom.

Last edited:
So the full game is available on youtube if anyone wants to watch it

I didn't realize it was the other ankle Moss injured so he's playing on two bad ankles and you can see him grimacing. Not ideal. Based on Utah's first touchdown drive you would have thought Huntley would have a great game. His accuracy was way off and has been all season. You gotta give the receiver a chance to catch the ball. Browning makes some curious decisions sometimes but he at least gives his guys the chance to make the play.

Untitled.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the second targeting call, I've watched this several times and the guy the ejected made no contact whatsoever with Browning. The guy on the bottom made a clean hit on Browning so who's the foul on? The official call was roughing the passer with targeting and they reviewed it and confirmed the call and the ejected the Ute defender on top? Very curious. Browning's head snapped back but it was because of the hit delivered by the guy on the bottom.

I was certain I saw the big dude who went highs helmet hit browning in the chin...... very softly.
They need to just start looking at intent. Toss guys who are headhunting and understand that accidental incidental contact is going to occur sometimes and let that stuff go.

In this particular screenshot you posted it might have helped the Ute player not get ejected if his head was up..... then again maybe not. Who knows anymore.

A few years ago when BYU played Utah a BYU DB (Nacua?) got ejected and there was zero helmet contact at all. No ill intent. Nothing. Worst I have seen still to this day. (Then another DB, mcchesney, got ejected on the very next play I believe. And while that one was worse, it was still a bit ticky tack)

It’s such a big game changer. In that game it was a very close game and Utah got back to back 15 yard plays out of it and BYU lost 2 defenders (one of them, nacua, one of their best. I think nacua even had an interception or two in that game before he was ejected). Those penalties could have been the deciding factor in the game since iirc that was the game that came down to the failed 2 point conversion by Taysom Hill.

Targeting penalties suck.

You must have better eyes than I do, but yeah should have been let go if there was.

here's Whitt's postgame conference: