What's new

Official UofU homer thread

I saw the that happen and watched the replays. I think his helmet makes very slight contact with the face mask. I don’t know how that is targeting. I’ve given up trying to understand that rule. There is absolutely no way that should be a penalty, let alone an ejection.

I saw the that happen and watched the replays. I think his helmet makes very slight contact with the face mask. I don’t know how that is targeting. I’ve given up trying to understand that rule. There is absolutely no way that should be a penalty, let alone an ejection.

Yup. My thoughts too.

The Big Pac

PAC 12 merge with 8 Big 12 schools

Divisions

North West
Washington
Washington St
Oregon
Oregon St
Stanford

West
Cal-Berkeley
USC
UCLA
Utah
Colorado

South west
Texas
Texas Tech
Oklahoma St
Arizona
Arizona St

Midwest
Oklahoma
Kansas
Kansas St
Iowa St
West Virginia

SCHEDULE
4 in Division games 4 out and 1 semifinal
Example Utah schedule

OOC
OOC

@TX
AZ
@Kansas
Oklahoma

USC
@Colorado
UCLA
@Cal
(At this point the division has been decided. The teams will be ranked 1-5 and play their final conference game against the corresponding rank in the Northwest division with home field rotating by division each year. An out of conference game/bye is scheduled for the 2nd to last week to allow fans more time to make travel plans.)

OOC

@Northwest division team TBA

The winner of the the #1 ranked games would advance to the Big Pac title game

Last edited:
I am assuming that 8 schools would be enough to vote to dissolve the Big12 grant of right. ESPN negotiates a buyout for the Longhorn network.

The conference owned BIG Pac network easily becomes the biggest in college sports with plenty of programming. It could also include science programming as you have collected a bunch of research Universities under one roof.

The conference would dominate the 2 most important recruiting grounds in the country and have a massive audience.

The Behemoths find themselves largely in separate small divisions gifting them late season relevance almost every year.

The Champ definitely plays in the CFBP every year and if it expands to 8 teams the conference has a damn good shot at getting a second team.

For basketball each school would play their division rivals twice and everyone else once. 23 games.

Coach Whit needs to go!!

This team finds a way to shoot them selves in the foot every game.

Last two possessions. Punt return for a td calls back

Two straight penalties on consecutive 4th down plays. The second being costly as they got down inside the 5 yard line. This to me is undisciplined play that’s on the coach. This team is too comfortable with Whit. He’s had a nice run, but IMO he’s done. Utah handed WSU the win.

What do you guys think? Does Whit need to go?

We either give Kyle too much credit or too little

Are the Utes tough between the hashes because of Whit or the Utah talent pool?

Does Utah suck at skilled offense positions because of Whir or the talent pool?

Honestly I am leaning towards the pool for both but that a good coach would find a way to fix the latter.

Earlier this year on vacation my brother got a text that Whittingham took a NFL job. I got a little bit excited thinking about what kind of offensive minded coaches we could bring in. I did that for about 5 minutes until he told us the person was just joking.....It does feel like groundhog day every year with this offense.

I'm getting sick of watching this team beat themselves. 2 weeks in a row they beat themselves with stupid mistakes. The defensive adjustments in the second half were brilliant, but it's erased by stupid plays from the special teams and offense.

It's starting to feel like the end of the McBride era, It's just time to move on. That is scary because Whitt is a hell of a coach, but you just can't be this undisciplined.

Bryce Love may not play this week. I still don't think we are going to win but it's something.

Where are they playing?

I thought they hired that high-powered, passing-minded guy from Eastern Washington to be their OC a year or two ago?