What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Is this my fandom coming out or does Utah get more targeting calls then any other team in pac 12?

Makes me wonder how they teach their players to tackle?

I wouldnt worry so much about how they teach their players to tackle. Most targeting calls are a joke and the pac has the worst officials too

Down 8 pts on the road with our starting QB knocked out of the game. This is not looking good Ute fans.

Another November ********? Hopefully Huntley isn’t hurt too badly.

Yep.
Seems like a lot of years the utes go on these huge runs and play amazing and then finish poorly.

At least they have those amazing stretches though.

And they can still win the south. (I would say that they still win the south if huntley didnt get hurt. Whitt said he is done for the season and if shelley gets hurt then chase hansen or covey will be the qb)

Answer me this. How was the play that Huntley got injured on not targeting on the defense? The player that took out Huntley literally launched himself off the ground headfirst and hit Huntley square in the chest with the crown of his helmet.

Answer me this. How was the play that Huntley got injured on not targeting on the defense? The player that took out Huntley literally launched himself off the ground headfirst and hit Huntley square in the chest with the crown of his helmet.
I dont totally understand the targeting rule but from what i think i know about it, you have to hit the player in the head/helmet. I hope they dont start calling targeting for hitting players in the chest too. man that would suck. After that we would just have to call targeting for anytime the top of a players helmet hits another player anywhere. Leg, arm, hand, butt, foot, etc.

No matter my feelings about the season so far i just feel really bad for Tyler Huntley. It felt like things were really clicking on offense. Not having him really sucks. Dont buy the next man up stuff, you can't just replace what he gave us.

Not sure whether he'll get an opportunity, but I'm here to tell all you POS ute fans that Drew Lisk is the real deal. If he gets a chance, count your effing blessings brethren.

Not sure whether he'll get an opportunity, but I'm here to tell all you POS ute fans that Drew Lisk is the real deal. If he gets a chance, count your effing blessings brethren.

He may, we dont really have any other options after Shelley. I dont want to harp too much on the Tuttle move but could you have at least waited till the end of the season? This is why you wait.

He may, we dont really have any other options after Shelley. I dont want to harp too much on the Tuttle move but could you have at least waited till the end of the season? This is why you wait.

Also, from everything i have heard tuttle is the reason that zach wilson is at byu instead of utah. Tuttle did the U dirty

Moss reportedly hurt his knee in practice. Out for the rest of the season. Speculation is if he comes back to the U(if he doesn’t try NFL) he won’t be back until fall camp. First Huntley, now Moss. ******!

I really like the winged helmets. They should stick with them imo. Really cool looking