What's new

Official UofU homer thread

That’s just bad. You guys have had a ton of those calls, and like half of them shouldn’t have been, IMO. I must not understand the rule. I mean, are Utah defenders not allowed to tackle? I can’t wait to hear what the PAC12 guys have to say about that. How do explain that away?

They'll just pretend it didn't happen, no accountability in the Pac12.

That's the worst one I've ever seen. Combine it with the non call on Gustin a few weeks ago and the Pac12 just looks corrupt. They need to fire the guy who reviewed that play, Send a message that corruption will not be stood for.

one thing I've seen said is that Chase will miss the 1st half against BYU, I believe that's untrue because this penalty occured in the 1st half. Am I remembering the rule correctly?

If I'm not the Pac12 needs to step in and correct the call, while they fire the guy who upheld the targeting.

That's a legitimate reason for the official on the field. However the guy reviewing it in the booth could see that it was not targeting and should be fired asap.

Yep.
I get the refs making the wrong call. The replay dudes shoukd get it right though. No excuse there.

one thing I've seen said is that Chase will miss the 1st half against BYU, I believe that's untrue because this penalty occured in the 1st half. Am I remembering the rule correctly?

If I'm not the Pac12 needs to step in and correct the call, while they fire the guy who upheld the targeting.

If the penalty was in the first half then he shouldnt miss any time against byu.

They'll just pretend it didn't happen, no accountability in the Pac12.

That's the worst one I've ever seen. Combine it with the non call on Gustin a few weeks ago and the Pac12 just looks corrupt. They need to fire the guy who reviewed that play, Send a message that corruption will not be stood for.

That was a pretty bad call.
However if its the worst one you have ever seen then you must have missed the rivalry game a few years ago when nacua was called for targeting.

That was a pretty bad call.
However if its the worst one you have ever seen then you must have missed the rivalry game a few years ago when nacua was called for targeting.
I was at that game, on the opposite side of the field. Never really saw a good replay. The non-call on the Porter Gustin one a few weeks ago was pretty bad as well. That one was 100% targeting and they didn't call it.

I was at that game, on the opposite side of the field. Never really saw a good replay. The non-call on the Porter Gustin one a few weeks ago was pretty bad as well. That one was 100% targeting and they didn't call it.

Congrats on winning the south btw. Do you know who won or will win the north yet? Is it the cougars already locked up or does someone like the huskies still have a shot?

Yep.
I get the refs making the wrong call. The replay dudes shoukd get it right though. No excuse there.
Just heard a rumor that the guy who was in charge of the replay review was a Colorado Alum. Not sure if true, if so the Pac12 really needs to figure out how to run ****. Can't have that guy in charge of a Colorado game at all.

Congrats on winning the south btw. Do you know who won or will win the north yet? Is it the cougars already locked up or does someone like the huskies still have a shot?
Comes down to the apple cup winner. Washington or Washington state, whoever wins gets the north.

Btw based on watching almost all of utahs games and all of byus games this year i think utah should be about 10 point favorites in vegas and think they shoukd win by about 20. But hese ones are almost always close so who knows. Thank god huntley and moss are out at least.

Hopefully it will be a good game. I will be at the ute tailgate..... wearing jazz gear

Btw based on watching almost all of utahs games and all of byus games this year i think utah should be about 10 point favorites in vegas and think they shoukd win by about 20. But hese ones are almost always close so who knows. Thank god huntley and moss are out at least.

Hopefully it will be a good game. I will be at the ute tailgate..... wearing jazz gear
Interestingly enough Utah might be better off with Shelley against BYU. He's been better passing the ball, with more accuracy and touch than Huntley. But not as good with his feet. Shyne has not been much of a step down from Moss, He's not Moss but he's been pretty damn good.

Rivalry game always is a battle. Utah should win because they have more talent and I think the gap is fairly large. But emotion has a way of equalizing these games.

Random comment and not trying to talk trash but i just read that travis wilson is utahs all time passing leader. That cant be true can it? All time?