What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Random comment and not trying to talk trash but i just read that travis wilson is utahs all time passing leader. That cant be true can it? All time?
Travis Wilson is 4th on that list. Consider he played all 4 seasons as a starter. Scott Mitchell only played for 3 and is the leader. Brian Johnson and Mike McCoy are 2nd and 3rd. Mike McCoy only played 3 season as well. According to Wikipedia.

Travis Wilson is 4th on that list. Consider he played all 4 seasons as a starter. Scott Mitchell only played for 3 and is the leader. Brian Johnson and Mike McCoy are 2nd and 3rd. Mike McCoy only played 3 season as well. According to Wikipedia.
that makes more sense. When i read that, the first thing i thought was what about brian wilson, alex smith, and scott mitchell?

that makes more sense. When i read that, the first thing i thought was what about brian wilson, alex smith, and scott mitchell?
Scott Mitchell owns pretty much every Utah Passing record. And probably always will. He had 8900+ yards passing in 3 years, and 620 in a single game. Alex Smith won a lot of games but only played for 2 years and those teams did a lot of damage on the ground.

Scott Mitchell owns pretty much every Utah Passing record. And probably always will. He had 8900+ yards passing in 3 years, and 620 in a single game.
620. Damn

Scott Mitchell owns pretty much every Utah Passing record. And probably always will. He had 8900+ yards passing in 3 years, and 620 in a single game. Alex Smith won a lot of games but only played for 2 years and those teams did a lot of damage on the ground.

Holy ****!

Alex Smith was a better than Mitchell. Only two years and was much more efficient as a passer.
I agree Smith was a better Qb, but Mitchell was the better Passer and played for a pass happy coach. Mitchell had 4300 yards in a single season, Smith had 5200 for his 2 year career. As a passer Alex was not as good, as a QB Smith was better IMO.

How bad has this "rivalry" gotten that there are almost no posts on here about the game? And the radio is talking more about the pac12 championship game that the rivalry game?

I'm actually happy there's been little rivalry talk but I also wouldn't know I have missed a lot of sports radio this week. I personally would rather hear and listen about the PAC12 So championship given the choice and with the holiday weekend unless they talk about it today they wont get as much of a chance.

Or well I guess they may work on Friday and so they are saving it to fill up most of the time then.

So if Utes win the PAC 12 and go to Rose Bowl there is a chance they play Ohio State
That would be worth watching
Whittingham verse Meyer

Not every year. The last 2 times the games felt this lopsided Utah won 52-21 and 54-10. I almost expect the same this year, the teams are just not that close in talent right now.
Never mind, I see what you mean, I disagree. Two years ago we should’ve destroyed them. That was the year they were a two point conversion from pulling off the upset