What's new

Pillow Talk: Inside Source Anne Johnson ( Phil Johnson`s wife)

Mambo

Ive had the privilege of being able to meet Anne a few times and even go to Jazz games with her (she has 4 tickets 12th row behind the visitors bench)

My Grandma and her have been friends for about 15 years now (since my grandma opened up a beauty supply shop)

Today, my grandma called me and told me that Anne was in her store today and they were talking. Anne started to tear up. She said that the team had had quarrels for the past 3 weeks at every practice and at every game. As for the incident during the Chicago game, she said that Deron and Sloan had been at it for a few weeks prior to this arguing about how the team should be ran. She said that neither of them would bend for one another. She said during halftime of the Bulls game that Sloan said he was going to bench deron and then Deron called in the management during halftime. And it set sloan off, and thats when he made the decision.

She said that the players wouldnt buy into the system Jerry was trying to teach them.

So basically. Its the players fault for prompting Jerry into an Early retirement.

Believe me or not. I went to 3 games with her and my grandma last season.

I didnt want to post anything until I or my grandma had a chance to talk with her.

Thanks, good info. I buy it as it compliments the chain of events. I'd also like to know if "the management" (KOC I presume) did back Deron (though I can guess the answer is "yes")

Squares with what has been said. The idea that Sloan resigned simply because he did not have the same level of energy is bogus.

I don't believe for one second that Deron "called in Jazz management at halftime" to deal with a benching. I'm not calling anyone's grandma a liar, either.

I don't believe for one second that Deron "called in Jazz management at halftime" to deal with a benching. I'm not calling anyone's grandma a liar, either.

It wasnt just about the benching. She said this fight was the climax about everything that had been happening the past few weeks. What I found most interesting is that Jerry Made the decision and told the managment he was done at halftime and went and coached the 2nd half of the game. That could possibly be why people thought he was joking and he was going to be back.

That's the only thing that caught my attention. HOWEVER, can anyone imagine this place if Sloan had benched Deron the entire 2nd half or was allowed to suspend him? I'm sure KOC/Greg caught wind of something to this effect somehow and both thought "You have got to be ****ing kidding me." and responded in kind.

I've questioned why both Miller and KOC went to the locker room at halftime. Neither are known to be frequent visitors during games.

I don't understand how any of this can be considered "pillow talk." You got me all excited for nothing.

Sounds about right. If made up, it was a good quality story.
It's too bad they didn't trade Deron before it came to this, it would have been better for everyone.
Selling the team to Malone doesn't sound so far fetched right now.

Last edited:
I don't understand how any of this can be considered "pillow talk." You got me all excited for nothing.

Pillow talk between her and Phil you perv. I doubt she was in the locker room and found all this out. She has gray hair wears glasses and puts her hair in a bun. Not my type.

It wasnt just about the benching. She said this fight was the climax about everything that had been happening the past few weeks. What I found most interesting is that Jerry Made the decision and told the managment he was done at halftime and went and coached the 2nd half of the game. That could possibly be why people thought he was joking and he was going to be back.

This I believe. Jerry says, "I quit" and KOC/Miller come running. If Jerry told Deron he was benched my guess is Deron would have said "fine." He'd be a good soldier but the message would get sent to management that **** was serious.

This I believe. Jerry says, "I quit" and KOC/Miller come running. If Jerry told Deron he was benched my guess is Deron would have said "fine." He'd be a good soldier but the message would get sent to management that **** was serious.

Love you, Mr. Shelby, but I'm pretty sure the "good soldier" argument re: Deron is dead.