What's new

Pillow Talk: Inside Source Anne Johnson ( Phil Johnson`s wife)

This doesn't explain why Deron would bother calling KOC/Miller. He doesn't need to. More importantly, it isn't in his best interest. What's in his best interest is to get benched. That's why I'm saying KOC/Miller, of their own volition, hurried in to put out the fires.

I agree that Deron specifically going to management at halftime after a fight isn't very likely. If they were fighting that badly for the last three weeks then it wouldn't come as a surprise finding out that management was close by the locker room at halftime. For all we know they've calmed down multiple halftime heated exchanges during the last month or so, and were on standby for the next (last).

Amazing. I heard that same thing at the press conference and read it on the webz. It's true.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...oan-agrees-to-1-year-extension-with-Jazz.html

Speaking of the future, Sloan is hesitant to predict how long he'll continue to call the shots for the Jazz.

"I can speculate and talk about it and think about it, but I don't know," Sloan said. "I might wake up tomorrow and it's all over. That's just the way it is. I've told them that, and they're aware of that. I'm not looking at having that happen, but I have to be fair with them because they've been fair to me."

I'm on board with this. A few minor details may not be exactly right but it fits right in with what the numerous 'reliable unnamed sources' have been saying since day one.

It sure as hell makes more sense than Jerry is tired.

Remember the good ol' days when Sloan and Deron got along and DWill was even allowed to call plays?

Squares with what has been said. The idea that Sloan resigned simply because he did not have the same level of energy is bogus.

It wasnt just about the benching. She said this fight was the climax about everything that had been happening the past few weeks. What I found most interesting is that Jerry Made the decision and told the managment he was done at halftime and went and coached the 2nd half of the game. That could possibly be why people thought he was joking and he was going to be back.

These go hand in hand imo. I cannot imagine anyone as tough as Jerry would say "the last three weeks you have been mean to me, I quit". I would bet he was contemplating his latest one year extension, probably felt the pressure of the season like maybe he hadn't in the past, and then that lead to him not handling the issues with Deron well and it was the final straw to push him to make that decision.

still believing in hear-say I see. I'll take it straight from the horses mouth until proved, from a valid source, otherwise. It's like you guys believe Sloan never argued with anyone and never fought with any player, EVER! This isn't brand new. I remember many a fight between Sloan and Malone.

Speaking of, Malone hadn't even talked to Sloan before he gave his press conference, but again, the coach he knew "woulda done never quit"....kinda like how Malone quit and went to LA? That press conference was a joke. In no way did it put the Jazz, Sloan or the organization in a positive light. In fact that press conference was ALL about Malone, as usual. I love the guy, but seriously...without talking to anyone, especially the parties involved, he decides to hold a press conference and voice his....get this...OPINION.

Being a Jazz fan right now kinda sucks because of all the gullible, conspiracy theorists Jazz fans out there. Between twitter, facebook and here I've had about an a$$ full. Must....take...a...break.

Hey, even though Karl Malone is full of hot air quite a bit of the time, his story falls right in line with the original poster of this thread... And to be honest, I would trust Karl Malones' word over a lot of the Deron apologists on this board, that's for sure.

Karl Malone not only said that Sloan would never quit and he was forced out, but he took a lot of veiled shots at Deron Williams for those that weren't paying attention...

I believe the story... Star players in all sports nowadays are always causing problems in the name of greed or because of their ego... And from seeing some of Derons whining crybaby antics as of late, the story rings true if you ask me...

JMO

I am a big fan of Karl but he comes off as a hypocrite because I am sure he was the cause of many of the grey hair's that Sloan has. I am sorry once the money became really big players started getting big egos even in Malone's generation.

These go hand in hand imo. I cannot imagine anyone as tough as Jerry would say "the last three weeks you have been mean to me, I quit". I would bet he was contemplating his latest one year extension, probably felt the pressure of the season like maybe he hadn't in the past, and then that lead to him not handling the issues with Deron well and it was the final straw to push him to make that decision.

I think he was just tired of the fight, just like he said. Guys stopped listening. Guys stopped buying into the system and playing hard. Every fan could see it. I could see it from the start of the season. Guys just didn't look happy. Sloan looked tired IMO. I think a HC has a constant fight, not just with players, but with refs, management and other external factors within an organization. Sloan wasn't going to coach forever. Sloan wasn't going to coach until he died on the sidelines. He had to retire at some point and what better time than in the middle of the season. It got everyone's attention. It got the players attention. Now they are on their own with a new coach. It's sink or swim time and no longer can they blame the coach that they no longer listened too.

I think they'll be fine. Loved Sloan while he was here and thought he was great for Jazz basketball, but his time is now gone and it's time for us as fans to move on from these petty conspiracy theories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqmXAAvNHMo&feature=related
Nothing like some zoolander to help sort through important issues.

The press conference was the exact story the team would wanted.
The national media told the exact story they would have wanted to sell news.

I have posted this in another thread, but I have a source from in the organization that I talked to and he reiterated most of this to me. Deron and Sloan were at eachother all season long at every practice, every game and constantly arguing. The rest of the team was extremely uncomfortable with it. The fights were quite bad at times. One of the players told my source that he couldn't believe Deron was allowed to act the way he was.

They said nothing of management being called in but it sounds likely. All of the players are still in shock and want Jerry back. Also, I don't know what this means exactly, but some said that Ty wasn't their first choice for coach. No clue what that means though or who they would want instead?

Hey, even though Karl Malone is full of hot air quite a bit of the time, his story falls right in line with the original poster of this thread... And to be honest, I would trust Karl Malones' word over a lot of the Deron apologists on this board, that's for sure.

Karl Malone not only said that Sloan would never quit and he was forced out, but he took a lot of veiled shots at Deron Williams for those that weren't paying attention...

I believe the story... Star players in all sports nowadays are always causing problems in the name of greed or because of their ego... And from seeing some of Derons whining crybaby antics as of late, the story rings true if you ask me...

JMO

In your first sentence you say Malone is full of hot air but then you say you beleive him more than Dwill... Why? Do you have proof that Dwill is a liar? Do you have examples?
I loved Malone when he was here but Karl has had some serious integrity issues over the years. Do you believe him more because his statements support your position?

Do you still believe this after finding out that Malone never spoke with Sloan or Dwill prior to going out and trashing the work ethic and toughness of the team then petitioning for the job?