What's new

Pillow Talk: Inside Source Anne Johnson ( Phil Johnson`s wife)

To me this makes perfect sense and only further confirms my previous thoughts on the situation, as well as validates the initial reports by Adrian Wojnarowski.

In 2003, the entire organization (including John Stockon, Larry Miller, and Kevin O'Connor) publicly denied reports that Mark Jackson attempted to lead a lockerroom revolt against Stockton as the team's starting PG. Thank goodness Jazz fans didn't implicitly believe the organization then, either. There is such a thing as PR after all.

Actually the way Malone just happened to be at the game right after Sloan quit, and the fact that he was fully prepared to make his pitch to be a coach, makes me wonder if there wasn't more warning of Sloan's retirement than we think.

Also, I don't know what this means exactly, but some said that Ty wasn't their first choice for coach. No clue what that means though or who they would want instead?

Oh thats just great. "The players" can force a coach out and it's only logical that they have to vote one in. Frickin' 21st century NBA.

Who the hell was their first choice? Scott Layden? Phil Johnson? Gary Briggs? haha

After watching the first game of Sloan not being around... looked like they had abandoned the system. This seems plausible folks.

Or maybe, he was tired of it all (Yes, Dwill, yes losing, IT ALL). So hard to believe? jebus crybus people. Everything doesnt have to be so deep.

I really do get tired of hearing how he may have been forced out. HOW? Forced out is fired. What was he saving by resigning. Face? This is Jerry ****in Sloan we're talking about. Come one. Why not say **** you Greg, this is the way it's going to go. Greg then says, **** you Jerry, you're fired. Jerry goes home with the millions he's already banked and calls it a day. Forced out my ***. Give it a rest already.

****, I was late with this post, looks like you've all moved on to rookie coach, Malone's not a coach, let that go too.

Hope this is not true but it sounds real and it is the only type of story that explains why Phil left. Crying for management to bail him out is total bush league. Man up Deron.

I have posted this in another thread, but I have a source from in the organization that I talked to and he reiterated most of this to me. Deron and Sloan were at eachother all season long at every practice, every game and constantly arguing. The rest of the team was extremely uncomfortable with it. The fights were quite bad at times. One of the players told my source that he couldn't believe Deron was allowed to act the way he was.

They said nothing of management being called in but it sounds likely. All of the players are still in shock and want Jerry back. Also, I don't know what this means exactly, but some said that Ty wasn't their first choice for coach. No clue what that means though or who they would want instead?

lol. whatever. fuel to the fire I guess.

It's hive mentality in these here parts.

I never said I wanted Hornacek to be the head coach. I have no idea who they wanted as their first choice before Tyrone.... Most likely someone outside the organization.

I do think Hornacek would be a good coach as far as strategy, but who knows how he would handle players? I've heard a lot of people say he's incredibly intelligent when it comes to the ins and outs of the game.

I think its very believable. I mean...just look at Deron's attitude towards the whole thing. I felt like Deron did not truly appreciate what Sloan did for him and what he was trying to teach him. All his statements sound so empty and Deron must be even madder at himself because he has been doing so poorly after Sloan is gone. I think the guilt might sink in very soon. Sloan always got in fights with some of his players, but when Deron decided to cry to management, Sloan probably knew he was going to lose the fight. Sloan looks like he has a very stubborn personality and wouldn't bend for Deron's bitchin anymore. That is why is system never changes cause he probably doesn't like any ideas from anyone. Sloan system works if everyone can run it, but look at all the new players...Deron probably became impatient.

Remember the good ol' days when Sloan and Deron got along and DWill was even allowed to call plays?

You talk about it in the past tense as if Deron was suddenly not allowed to call any plays this season. Deron had actually gotten much more freedom than Stockton in calling the plays on the floor without lokking back at his coach all the time. But he wanted to change the offense. In other words, a guy in his mid-20s, with barely 6 years experience in the NBA and having made the all star team once in past few years wanted to challenege a HOF coach with 40+ years experience in the business as a player and coach.
what happens? Bad things happen.

Stockton and Malone might have had their disagreements with Sloan from time to time on certain plays. Stock has also mentioned it a time or two. But they would'nt go all the way to the extent of fighting with the coach to change the offense and play some guys more and some guys less and all that. In other words, tell Sloan how to coach. That is a no no. And the ownership stood by Sloan too all the time.
Malone might have called a players-only meeting or practice to sort out things instead of calling for a revolt. Thats how th9ings would have been dealt with.

Ty Corbin seems like a nice guy and I wish him the best but if Greg Miller and Deron are going to collude on future decisions I'll be looking forward to a sellout of the franchise quickly.

off topic, well, sort of, but I have to throw this in - I just learned there really is a Fort Pillow. It's in Tennessee and was the site of a nasty battle in the Civil War...

ok, on to something else - - what about the disagreements between Deron and Jerry over having the team watch film together? Deron wanted them to, Sloan didn't - or at least, he didn't want to make it a formal part of practice/teaching. Given the acknowledged problems the newer players were having learning plays and what-not, it certainly seems reviewing film might have been helpful. And might also have been an area where "management" supported Deron's point of view as opposed to Sloan's.

just a thought...

I have posted this in another thread, but I have a source from in the organization that I talked to and he reiterated most of this to me. Deron and Sloan were at eachother all season long at every practice, every game and constantly arguing. The rest of the team was extremely uncomfortable with it. The fights were quite bad at times. One of the players told my source that he couldn't believe Deron was allowed to act the way he was.

Greg Miller written all over it.