What's new

Playoffs 2018 Thread

well not anymore lol

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I’m watching and thibs has Rose, Crawford, Wiggins, and towns on the floor and I was like how the eff are they not lighting these guys up... well... then the third Q happened.

Who would have guessed that the Pelicans would be the only team to sweep their opponent in the first round.

And yet they still might get swept in the 2nd!

Would that be a first? I doubt it. But worth looking.

Here is a nice article that indicates that since 1st round became best of 7, 20 teams have swept the first round and only 2 have won the title so far.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/...yoffs-spurs-cavaliers-first-round-sweeps.html

But none mention anything like a sweep balance. Will keep digging.

Ok dug one by one and nothing since 1970.

Let’s see what happens in the Warriors - Pelicans series.

Last edited:
Can the Pacers who clearly were the better team beat the refs and Lebron in game 7? They already wasted 2 games they were suppose to win due to bad calls or inexperience...so hopefully third time is a charm.

Can the Pacers who clearly were the better team beat the refs and Lebron in game 7? They already wasted 2 games they were suppose to win due to bad calls or inexperience...so hopefully third time is a charm.
Sure I don’t see why not. Pacers are the proud underdogs of the season that’ll not go down without a fight.

The Cavs are so bad. How can you stay if you are Lebron. They would have to overhaul the whole team to sell it to him.

If James were smart he would look at Utah. At least consider it.

The Cavs are so bad. How can you stay if you are Lebron. They would have to overhaul the whole team to sell it to him.

If James were smart he would look at Utah. At least consider it.

I think part of the reason that Cavs are so bad is the fact that everyone knows Lebron is leaving after this season combined with the fact that they dont think they can win it all so its a pointless season for Lebron.

I think part of the reason that Cavs are so bad is the fact that everyone knows Lebron is leaving after this season combined with the fact that they dont think they can win it all so its a pointless season for Lebron.

It kind of feels like that huh? Everyone says Lebron makes his teammates better, but it sure doesnt look like it right now. Guys like Clarkson and Hood look significantly worse. They all look like a bunch of scrubs playing with no plan at all.

I'm conflicted over this Pacers/Cavs game. On the one hand I want Indiana to win because I want to see more Oladipo, he's been sensational. On the other hand the playoffs just aren't the same without LeBron James.

Looks like Lebron will be squeezing into the second round.