What's new

Playoffs 2018 Thread

What is interesting that not a single ESPN "expert" had a guts to predict NO or Pacers advancing. Granted they still may lose it but it just shows how off they were. Most popular pick was cavs in 5 lol.

Couple things about the Bucks:

-- Thon Maker is having a real impact on the game with his defense. If we could add a long, hyper-mobile defender like that, it would take our defense to another level.

-- Giannis hit a 3. It looks like he's doing that a bit now.

Pels all over POR again. Them and GSW might be halfway through their series before ours is even done.

Pels all over POR again. Them and GSW might be halfway through their series before ours is even done.

It’s like everyone on their team leveled up at the same time. Holiday and AD are absolute monsters... playoff Rondo is back... Niko can catch fire and give you a pop. They flat out dominated the blazers.

Man, Portland, way to bitch out. Absolutely pathetic.

Though - I take back what I said about wanting to play the Pelicans.

Pelicans looking like a team to be reckoned with. I wouldn’t have thought they’d sweep the Blazers. Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take back what I said about wanting to play the Pelicans.

Its all about Matchups, and this wasn't a good one for Portland. Pellies have two capable defenders to irritate Potlands scoring duo. And Portland had no answer for the Brow. Portland probably would've picked 4 of the other western teams to open against before they picked the Pelicans. Jazz on the other hand may have preferred playing the Pellies because they match up pretty well.

I am interested to see if Portland Over-reacts and tanks, or if they try to restructure their roster.

Its all about Matchups, and this wasn't a good one for Portland. Pellies have two capable defenders to irritate Potlands scoring duo. And Portland had no answer for the Brow. Portland probably would've picked 4 of the other western teams to open against before they picked the Pelicans. Jazz on the other hand may have preferred playing the Pellies because they match up pretty well.

I am interested to see if Portland Over-reacts and tanks, or if they try to restructure their roster.

exactly. matchups make everything. It was just an awful matchup on paper and on the court for the blazers.

p.s. impressed with the wolves tonight, they are hanging strong vs the rockets. If they keep this production up I can see them taking this game.

Couple things about the Bucks:

-- Thon Maker is having a real impact on the game with his defense. If we could add a long, hyper-mobile defender like that, it would take our defense to another level.

-- Giannis hit a 3. It looks like he's doing that a bit now.

Would not be shocked if Maker is on the market for a second round pick this off season

Still not sure if that would be a good deal either, not completely convinced he belongs in the league. At the moment he's role player in the nba at best or a g league all star.