What's new

Playoffs 2018 Thread

Not sure if I’ve posted it here but I’ve been saying this for a couple weeks. I would say it’s unlikely but it makes sense and KD and Bron are close... I think this version of the Warriors has 1 or 2 years left max.
I'm just thinking that KD is going to sit at home and think about ways he can make people on twitter even more mad.

I would actually love to see it. That would make 3 "Super Teams" in the West. Is Lebron/KD/Kuzma/Ingram/Ball better than Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Draymond/KD?

I'm just thinking that KD is going to sit at home and think about ways he can make people on twitter even more mad.

I would actually love to see it. That would make 3 "Super Teams" in the West. Is Lebron/KD/Kuzma/Ingram/Ball better than Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Draymond/KD?

No? Not all that close imo.

Would be super fun though, as really despite the LBJ/KD, Steph/Dray, Harden/CP3 combos getting the superteam labels I don't think those teams would be all that much better than the Jazz/Thunder/Pelicans/Wolves/Nuggets/Spurs/Blazers, it'd make for a very compelling season.

To get KD and LBJ, both can get 35M max deals, I think they need to clear Dengs deal... might be Ingram and Deng S&T for LBJ or KD... maybe someone would do Ball instead but I’m not a huge fan.

I think the warriors version might be better but that Lakers team would be really close.

To get KD and LBJ, both can get 35M max deals, I think they need to clear Dengs deal... might be Ingram and Deng S&T for LBJ or KD... maybe someone would do Ball instead but I’m not a huge fan.

I think the warriors version might be better but that Lakers team would be really close.
You might be right that they would actually have to perform a clean Deng trade to do this.

I meant to not include KD on the Warriors side. The Warriors would be kind of ****ed if KD left just because they dont have cap-space to add legitimate talent.

Iggy is getting older, but Green? Come on, that dude is going to be in his prime for another 3-4 years at least.
He is shooting 43% from the field and 27% from 3. His offensive game has decline this year in the regular season too. He has been pretty bad from an individual scoring perspective. That's never been his game and isnt a big deal, but it's still a thing and possibly a sign of aging.

I meant to not include KD on the Warriors side. The Warriors would be kind of ****ed if KD left just because they dont have cap-space to add legitimate talent.

Ahh, makes more sense and obviously makes it a lot closer, probably still lean Warriors, but they'd have to do a better job of adding bench guys than they have recently. Very thin at guard and on the wings.

Ahh, makes more sense and obviously makes it a lot closer, probably still lean Warriors, but they'd have to do a better job of adding bench guys than they have recently. Very thin at guard and on the wings.
I think the Lakers would bulldoze them tbh. Guarding KD and Lebron? That's just insane.

He is shooting 43% from the field and 27% from 3. His offensive game has decline this year in the regular season too. He has been pretty bad from an individual scoring perspective. That's never been his game and isnt a big deal, but it's still a thing and possibly a sign of aging.
But is his offensive game most important when you have Thompson, Curry and Durant? I think his defence, rebounding and passing is what makes Green great and he still averaged 7.3 assists which from his position is insane. Occasional made 3 is of course nice bonus.

But is his offensive game most important when you have Thompson, Curry and Durant? I think his defence, rebounding and passing is what makes Green great and he still averaged 7.3 assists which from his position is insane. Occasional made 3 is of course nice bonus.
I mean, you could read what I wrote and know what Im saying.

Or possibly accepting a different role. I just have hard time believing that we can talk about 28 year old as ageing...
Everyone ages differently. His role hasnt changed, he just has gotten worse at shooting. I didnt say he was declining, but there are signs.

You’re wrong. 1sts don’t get “sold” very often or at all. Houston and OKC dont have a 1st anyway.

Utah purchased Rudy Gobert for a second rounder and cash. Late first round picks aren't worth that much, but their salaries are guaranteed where 2nd rounders arent.

These teams can trade future late round picks and need to save cash somewhere. You're talking an OKC ownership who stupidly gave up Harden for money, lost Ibaka and Durant, and now faces the first ever 300 million payroll in a small market. They need cash and win now vet minimums, not a late first rounder to add to the payroll.

Washington is in the same boat, plus, ATL doesn't really need 3 first rounders so maybe cash and HOU 30th pick for an unguaranteed 2nd rounder's salary makes sense for their rebuild flexibility. Same deal with TOR.

Iggy is getting older, but Green? Come on, that dude is going to be in his prime for another 3-4 years at least.

Getting blocked by the rim multiple times while trying to dunk ain’t a good sign. I think he has 1 maybe 2 really good years left then he falls off a cliff

Then again that could just be my spite talking but I don’t think so

Getting blocked by the rim multiple times while trying to dunk ain’t a good sign. I think he has 1 maybe 2 really good years left then he falls off a cliff

Then again that could just be my spite talking but I don’t think so

Always listen to the hate....

Klay told C. Barkley during interview that his knee is fine and they only have one game left anyway so no need to be careful or rest... Confident or cocky?

this game tonight has 0 buzz. People have totally tuned out these nba finals. Only people watching are gsw and cavs fans. Cavs feel helpless and gsw fans are trying to convince others that the series is actually competitive. I dont even bother watching it today, the season ended when the rockets lost cp3.