What's new

Potential Trade Targets

The rare thing about Kuminga....

He's a super athlete with length who doesnt even average a block per 100 possessions.

I an happy to report that my Lavine fever has dissipated, and I think I'd rather roll with our guys than do that move. Hopefully the condition doesn't re-appear. I am back on the "I'd rather move one of our guys for picks and just clear a little playing time". If something falls in our laps I suppose we can move on it.
Yeah I don’t think we should worry too much about getting to the play-in this year. I'd like to see Danny trade THT, Clarkson, and Collins before the trade deadline (or at least try to do it). And if he doesn’t acquire anyone who can considerably improve our team, start playing the rookies.

As for Dejounte, I think he is a player who has potential to work out for us. However, there are two yellow flags with him for me. One is that I don’t know if he is a good team player, and the other one is that whenever a team wants to get rid of a player (if the rumors are true that the Hawks are shopping him) there is a reason for it and I don’t know exactly what that reason is. When he played with the Spurs, he was one of the top facilitators in the NBA, so he has the skill to do it as you can see here
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLsKHyzaegA
. But would he do it with us after getting used to more iso and less passing in Atlanta, where he had a different role? I think we should find out if we can. I’m not sure we could get him though as there’re also other teams that would want him.

I like Kuminga's game, but I don't like the circumstances for him being considered a lock to move from GS.

I an happy to report that my Lavine fever has dissipated, and I think I'd rather roll with our guys than do that move. Hopefully the condition doesn't re-appear. I am back on the "I'd rather move one of our guys for picks and just clear a little playing time". If something falls in our laps I suppose we can move on it.

I'm actually heading more towards the other direction. I'm not in love with the idea of taking Lavine's salary, but if I'm being honest, chances are that the alternative is paying two borderline starter-ish guys the same amount of money. I'd rather consolidate. We're going to have a lot more Keyonte's and TH's that we'll want to give playing time to.

If there was a better player we could go for that's available, or we could easily liquidate our role players for picks I'd also like that. But that's easier said then done, I don't think it's going to happen. I think the worst option is to continue doing what we're doing, as in keeping a jampacked roster where we're both not good enough to win anything of consequence and also don't have PT for young players. I understand patients, but there is a cost to standing pat.

I'm actually heading more towards the other direction. I'm not in love with the idea of taking Lavine's salary, but if I'm being honest, chances are that the alternative is paying two borderline starter-ish guys the same amount of money. I'd rather consolidate. We're going to have a lot more Keyonte's and TH's that we'll want to give playing time to.

If there was a better player we could go for that's available, or we could easily liquidate our role players for picks I'd also like that. But that's easier said then done, I don't think it's going to happen. I think the worst option is to continue doing what we're doing, as in keeping a jampacked roster where we're both not good enough to win anything of consequence and also don't have PT for young players. I understand patients, but there is a cost to standing pat.
I’m ready to just blow it up and do the process for real. Definitely understand the costs of standing pat. Maybe getting smacked in the face the next 4 games will push us one way or another. Consolidate… sell off… push some chips in… idk but we won’t stand pat through the deadline I think.

I’m ready to just blow it up and do the process for real. Definitely understand the costs of standing pat. Maybe getting smacked in the face the next 4 games will push us one way or another. Consolidate… sell off… push some chips in… idk but we won’t stand pat through the deadline I think.

Yeah….Lavine isn’t the most amazing option. But what are we actually doing by overcrowding our rotation with mediocre players who don’t fit together? Congrats, we get the 9th pick again and he will probably be buried on the bench. Meanwhile another year of Lauri Markannen just wasted away.

I don’t care which direction….but we need to start making progress moving away from our current position. Lavine can be seen as a win now move, but if we trade 2 or 3 for one that also opens up another space in the rotation.

Honest question, what's the difference between Kerr's treatment of Kuminga and Hardy’s treatment of Kessler?

Sounds like Hawks are doing a one year rebuild dip… or aren’t opposed to taking a step back. So our assets would be acceptable if we wanted to go get Murray if that report is true.

Ochai, JC, and a first for Murray and Mills… we throw in some bedazzled glass frames for Quin so he can take his look next level.

Sounds like Hawks are doing a one year rebuild dip… or aren’t opposed to taking a step back. So our assets would be acceptable if we wanted to go get Murray if that report is true.

Ochai, JC, and a first for Murray and Mills… we throw in some bedazzled glass frames for Quin so he can take his look next level.
Oh yeah I'd go along with that. But I think I'd try to hang on to Ochai a bit more to see what he's up to next season.