What's new

Roe v. Wade is going down

What makes anyone think, especially after we’ve seen from conservatives over the last two years, that they’ll do anything to ease the burden for women and children now?
You do understand that at the end of the abortion the children are dead, right? Reading that argument from you is akin to listening to Nazis after their defeat whining about what the Allies would do to ease the burden for Jews.

You do understand that at the end of the abortion the children are dead, right? Reading that argument from you is akin to listening to Nazis after their defeat whining about what the Allies would do to ease the burden for Jews.

You do realize that a child would rather be in heaven than in povery and squalor right?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Potential children. They have no constitutional rights or protections until birth. That’s just a fact. Until then, in the eyes of federal law, they are nothing more than a tumor with a heartbeat. One can argue about viability, and there are many viewpoints on that to be debated ad nauseum. But that only further shows why these things should be decided by a woman and her doctor, not old white male politicians. It’s none of your damn business what ANYONE chooses to do with their own body. Period. Full stop.

I’ve ****ing had it with goddamn fascist authoritarians.

I’m very much middle of the road on this. Roe was clearly not a court decision that had much leg to stand on, not the way it was written. From the standpoint of the actual decision, the only legal leg it had to stand on was “ precedent“.

As far as abortion rights. Clearly all the terrible things such as rape, incest, etc. should be available. I think to a point abortion should be legal, but there comes a point where you should no longer have the choice to abort the fetus. I’m okay with “first heartbeat” sort of laws. Full bans aren’t right, fully open abortion is also not right. Safe, legal, and rare is what it should be. Congress should have clarified and codified abortion in the country a long time ago. Roe was clearly not a case that had much legitimate legal ground to stand on in the way it was written.

You do realize that a child would rather be in heaven than in povery and squalor right?

I hope this is sarcasm…? You really want to go tell a poor child they’d be better off if they were dead?…..This is the problem, if you’re being serious **** like this just sounds evil as hell. And it’s a wonder why people fight against it?

Like truly, what an embarrassing and disgusting statement. I know many kids that live in some less than desirable situations. I’ve never looked at them and thought “you’d have been better off aborted”. Truly and astonishingly disgusting stuff.

Last edited:
I'm not pro-murdering babies.

I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20-week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.

I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.

I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.

I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11-year-old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.

I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.

I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.

I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE number of fetuses.

I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.

I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.

I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.

I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.

You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
Their lives.
Women's lives.

You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted. It's not about which stories you don't agree with. It's about fighting for the women in the stories that you do agree with and the CHOICE that was made.

Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!

Overturning Roe does not stop abortions, it stops SAFE abortions!

Abortion is healthcare.

#roevwade #prochoice #abortion #women #womensrights #mybody #mychoice #mybodymychoice #promedical
“Banning guns does not stop mass shootings, it just keeps guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens”. Same logic. Overall, abortion numbers are going to go down. By default, sure, there will be more illegal abortions. But there will almost certainly be a net of less total abortions.

So a man impregnates a woman and she is forced to have the baby. Shouldn’t there also be legislation that the man is who impregnated her is also forced to have the baby? Like they should be forced to care for and pay for it right? Maybe they should have to get vasectomies or something if they miss a payment or arent around when a mother and child need them for something.

Certainly, I don’t know that anyones against that and the legislation should be passed.

“Banning guns does not stop mass shootings, it just keeps guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens”. Same logic. Overall, abortion numbers are going to go down. By default, sure, there will be more illegal abortions. But there will almost certainly be a net of less total abortions.
Abortion numbers have already been in decline for years now thanks to better education and more widely accessible contraception. And you’re absolutely right, there will be more illegal “back alley” abortions. And do you know what comes with that? Women DIE.

But overall, I think you have at least a reasonable take on the subject.

Abortion numbers have already been in decline for years now thanks to better education and more widely accessible contraception. And you’re absolutely right, there will be more illegal “back alley” abortions. And do you know what comes with that? Women DIE.

But overall, I think you have at least a reasonable take on the subject.
Certainly, all activities that become illegal, naturally yield more illegal acts of that activity. I’m not against abortion in general. I think it should be available for sure. I don’t think making medical procedures specifically too costly or illegal does anyone any good. I’m okay with some laws around abortion, though not a total ban. I don’t love the way abortion is discussed, especially like the post above. A child living in poverty to me shouldn’t be discussed or framed in a way they’d be better off aborted or dead. That is a straight up evil argument. I think a woman should be given the time after becoming pregnant to make the decision for herself, but I do think a time constraint on when that fetus is becoming too developed where that choice needs to no longer be a choice. Now where that line is, is debatable, which is why it would have been nice had congress simply clarified and codified a nationwide abortion law and not left it in the hands of a dicey Supreme Court decision. As I see Obama and Pelosi post about what an outrage it is, I just have to ask…why when you had all 3 branches of government and a super majority didn’t you address this? Why didn’t you get RBG to step down long before she did so you could make more Supreme Court selections? I wish I had more faith in congress to address this issue adequately but why do that when you can fundraise off it?

I hope this is sarcasm…? You really want to go tell a poor child they’d be better off if they were dead?…..This is the problem, if you’re being serious **** like this just sounds evil as hell. And it’s a wonder why people fight against it?

Like truly, what an embarrassing and disgusting statement. I know many kids that live in some less than desirable situations. I’ve never looked at them and thought “you’d have been better off aborted”. Truly and astonishingly disgusting stuff.
This is one of those, “they said the quiet part out loud.”

No. A child would rather be alive. Humans rather be alive.

I don't have a horse in this race but I can't kick it with this.
I disagree. I bet if you could ask a fetus if they would rather be born to a mom and dad who dont want them, possibly kill their mom during childbirth, live in poverty, etc. or go to a perfect place where everything is awesome they would choose the good option.

Well ****, we better round up all the poors and kill ‘em! They’ll be so much happier now!!
We are talking about abortion. Try to stay on topic.

I’m very much middle of the road on this. Roe was clearly not a court decision that had much leg to stand on, not the way it was written. From the standpoint of the actual decision, the only legal leg it had to stand on was “ precedent“.

As far as abortion rights. Clearly all the terrible things such as rape, incest, etc. should be available. I think to a point abortion should be legal, but there comes a point where you should no longer have the choice to abort the fetus. I’m okay with “first heartbeat” sort of laws. Full bans aren’t right, fully open abortion is also not right. Safe, legal, and rare is what it should be. Congress should have clarified and codified abortion in the country a long time ago. Roe was clearly not a case that had much legitimate legal ground to stand on in the way it was written.
Also, if we are going to make abortion illegal and force a woman to have a child then I think the man who impregnated the woman should not be allowed to abandon the child or should be force to support the child and mom financially. If they miss a payment or aren't there for the mother and child then maybe they have a forced vasectomy or spend some time in jail. Gotta take of those kids!

No you miss understood. I was talking about abortion.

I saw a statistic that crime went down went abortion was legalized. So do you think this supreme ruling will mean more crime.

I disagree. I bet if you could ask a fetus if they would rather be born to a mom and dad who dont want them, possibly kill their mom during childbirth, live in poverty, etc. or go to a perfect place where everything is awesome they would choose the good option.
Evil stuff.

Certainly, I don’t know that anyones against that and the legislation should be passed.
Spoiler alert. The reason no legislation is even being discussed for that is because it isn't wanted by the sex (men) that generally make the legislation. TONS of people are against that. In fact, often when a woman got an abortion it was because a man wanted to her.