What's new

Roe v. Wade is going down

Had you said, 'Having a spouse like that is like having a house where gravity makes things in the air fall to the floor.', I would have agreed completely. Perhaps that's what you meant, it's hard to tell.
I see what you did there. You took my joke and substituted the more inclusive term 'spouse' in place of the gendered term 'wife' so that we can all laugh at the joke. It isn't that the political left has completely lost their sense of humor but they prefer a wording that is broader. I do want to learn how to be funny to those on the political left. Can you show me how you would reword this bit to bring it up to date?

Fortunately for me I already know how to be funny to right wingers.

First you take the name of something you don't like, such as the main stream media and then you just switch up the name a little and call them the lame stream media. It's so funny I might die. Or you see and inclusive group of people and that they refer to their community as the LGBTQIA+ and then you call the people in that group "alphabet people." Zing! Got 'em. Or you take a regular word like the government and you instead call it the gobberment. Whew, let me catch my breath already! Too funny. I haven't had this many laughs since pre-school.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-084101.jpg
    Screenshot_20220701-084101.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 9
Can you show me how you would reword this bit to bring it up to date?
Do you think it would be less funny if it were about heterosexual necrophiliacs, or just necrophiliacs generally? Or, is the fear of having a penis in your butt essential for the humor of the bit to you?

Is this your first? My first kid was scarier than any auto accident I or my wife has been in. Congrats.
Yes. Thank you!

We Didn’t think it would be possible without serious medical help (some treatments would be illegal/will be illegal in some red states). We’re playing in day to day. My wife has been pretty sick lately but she’s pushing through. We went through a rough patch where she couldn’t eat much. She’s doing better. We’re on week 9 now

From the comments: having 9 people decide these issues for >300,000,000 is barbaric. The fact that they are now a partisan court, they should not be appointed, but elected with term limits.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The real fear begins after birth. Six months of worrying that a butterfly's wings will give you child an incurable disease. You'll make it. Almost all of us do.
Yep, I only had to go through 2 or 3 before I found one worth keeping!

From the comments: having 9 people decide these issues for >300,000,000 is barbaric. The fact that they are now a partisan court, they should not be appointed, but elected with term limits.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s so easy to manipulate a handful of people. Or less. To get them to do what you want. But hey, let our whole country ride on them. It’s like watching a boxing match where the outcome is obvious (the way the SC vote should go) and yet judges are bought off and the other dude wins.

I see what you did there. You took my joke and substituted the more inclusive term 'spouse' in place of the gendered term 'wife' so that we can all laugh at the joke. It isn't that the political left has completely lost their sense of humor but they prefer a wording that is broader. I do want to learn how to be funny to those on the political left. Can you show me how you would reword this bit to bring it up to date?

You're already funny to the left, friend.

Fortunately for me I already know how to be funny to right wingers.

First you take the name of something you don't like, such as the main stream media and then you just switch up the name a little and call them the lame stream media. It's so funny I might die. Or you see and inclusive group of people and that they refer to their community as the LGBTQIA+ and then you call the people in that group "alphabet people." Zing! Got 'em. Or you take a regular word like the government and you instead call it the gobberment. Whew, let me catch my breath already! Too funny. I haven't had this many laughs since pre-school.

"I identify as a helicopter"

**** the democrat party. Donating and voting for them doesn’t work… the squad once elected haven’t done ****. The only power I have to be heard is by withholding my vote and donations.

The only justification of this from a leftist perspective is the attempt at some sort of accelerationism. withholding votes and donations from the dems serves to make things worse, quicker. This, theoretically, could result in some sort of revolution. But this ignores the lives trampled along the way and isn't a good mode of operating IMO.

"The squad" does their best to wield the limited influence they have, and due to being your biggest allies in congress at the moment, they're the least of our problems. Like I said before, outside of unionizing and propagandizing, you need to do your best at changing the democratic party from within on a local and state level first. It's the only path forward.

What the court did, was say that the prior cases by the Court basically created new legislation from the judicial branch that created a new right to privacy that wasn't in the Constitution, and the court didn't have the authority to create that law or to decide what should apply to 300,000,000, but instead, should be up to the people/legislature. The court is actually reigning in the power they gave themselves and giving it back to the people to decide.

So while the immediate impact with abortion may seem like a bad thing to many, having courts only interpret the law before them, and not making up new laws seems to be the correct approach, simply because we do not want 9 non elected people making up new laws that we are bound by.

So while the immediate impact with abortion may seem like a bad thing to many, having courts only interpret the law before them, and not making up new laws seems to be the correct approach, simply because we do not want 9 non elected people making up new laws that we are bound by.
If you think all this court is doing and has done is interpret the law before them and not make up new laws with their interpretations, how do you explain this?

Vaccines:

View: https://twitter.com/dohamadani/status/1542639727026884610?s=21&t=C0D1SdQnnvs_cUjr8r1bVQ

Is Thomas merely interpreting the law here? Be honest.
EPA:

What’s the point of the EPA then? If the American EPA can’t regulate the air in America, what’s the entire pt of this agency? LOL

Gun control:
Justice Thomas wrote that citizens may not be required to explain to the government why they sought to exercise a constitutional right.

“We know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need,” he wrote.
This is literally a completely different take than 200+ years of Supreme Court justices have had.

Psss Burger wasn’t a liberal…

In a concurring opinion, Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. responded to the dissent.

“It is hard to see what legitimate purpose can possibly be served by most of the dissent’s lengthy introductory section,” he wrote. “Why, for example, does the dissent think it is relevant to recount the mass shootings that have occurred in recent years? Does the dissent think that laws like New York’s prevent or deter such atrocities?
Is Alito merely interpreting the law or waging his cultural and political grievances here?

Recent Historic Examples
It’s not just this most recent session that has made **** up. Check out the gutting of the VRA.

Voting Rights:

This might be the best case showing how the Supreme Court just makes **** up. Prior to this case, southern states with a history of discrimination had to clear with the DOJ changes to rules and regulations effecting elections. The whole point of this law was to proactively prevent states with histories of discrimination from discriminating against its black citizens. This is literally what MLK marched for. Like that’s the entire point of the damn legislation. So black people wouldn’t be ****ed out of voting and out of power come election time. And the court made **** up by saying:

But, writing for the court’s majority, conservative Chief Justice John Roberts said that America is not the country that it was a half century ago when the Voting Rights Act was passed to end a century of attempts by former slaveholding states to block blacks from voting.

“Our country has changed, and while any racial discrimination in voting is too much, Congress must ensure that the legislation it passes to remedy that problem speaks to current conditions,” Roberts wrote.
Yep. As the last seven years have proven, racism and discrimination, especially in the south, is definitely dead…

Now, the DOJ has to prove that the new rules and laws have been discriminatory. And if the DOJ is headed by a Republican, why would they pursue cases against fellow republicans? Especially if the discrimination helps them stay in power?

Is this really what Kennedy and later LBJ and MLK had in mind when this law was advocated for and passed?

Campaign Finance:

Yep. Money is free speech. Anyone from oligarchs in Russia to billionaires in Kansas can influence American politics disproportionately and secretly with their money. It’s exactly what common sense advocates for.

It’s fine to admit that you like the recent rulings without making it sound like they are more virtuous than before. You don’t need to put them on a pedestal just because you agree with them. They’re doing the same stuff that has been done before. It’s more extreme and out of sync with the majority of what Americans believe. But they’re doing what has been done before. Just admit that you agree with their politics.

Last edited:

Gotta love this from the comments section: Again, according to them, a 10 year old girl can't understand the concept of sex and gender education, can't read any books about racism and slavery, but can be forced to give birth and become a mother. Just take a moment and think about this.

Also, you have to be 21 years old to adopt a baby. But a 10 year old should definitely be forced into being a mother.

Last edited:

Gotta love this from the comments section: Again, according to them, a 10 year old girl can't understand the concept of sex and gender education, can't read any books about racism and slavery, but can be forced to give birth and become a mother. Just take a moment and think about this.

Also, you have to be 21 years old to adopt a baby. But a 10 year old should definitely be forced into being a mother.
Sure, your pregnant 12 year old might have to carry her uncle’s baby to term. Sure, she might even be shot at while doing math in class. But at least now she won’t have to see books with rainbows on the cover or hear history about blacks people being enslaved!

Republicans, protecting us from America’s biggest problems!