What's new

Roster Balancing Guys

Tbh, the moments i think we'd be really that dry of Clarkson offensive punch would be when Conley went down, or another guy that took nearly as much or more off the offense than him (which i understand would be either Mitchell or Bojan, but those two we ain't expecting to get injuries the same way we are with Mike), but there's two things, one is that Conley will go down at some moment (and we shall pray and rest him enough through the regular season so it doesn't happens at the playoffs), and the other is that Clarkson can't provide the as much spacing as Bojan (and Bojan spacing for me actually stands as a bigger asset than his actual scoring right now, at least till i can see him being able to dribble drive again, as he was before injury and surgery on his finger), nor the same (quality) scoring that Mitchell does, nor playmaking and defense that Conley gives us. If Butler is a hit right away or Forrest 3pt is actually minimally reliable, that may be passable, but if either of those ain't there, i say part of (part of is important, not all, but part of) what Clarkson gives us would be replaceable with a signing like Yogi Ferrell (prototype bench pure scoring guard) or Emanuel Mudiay (more playmaking type, when he played good for us before Clarkson trade, he exactly might not be available as he signed for Zalgiris, but some other option might be there).

Clarkson spark of the bench felt much more vital at his first season when Conley weren't really in sync with Quin's system for most of the year and Mitchell couldn't make consistent reads as the ballhandler before the bubble and we actually constantly needed a guy to iso us out of trouble. Last when we had all guys available it looked pretty much like "keep feeding him whenever he's hot and he'll shoot us 20 points ahead, when he's cold, just let sex machine find another scoring option in his place", he was pretty much a wildcard (one that i loved watching, don't think that i'd be rushing to trade him, but i'd say it would be a bigger blow to our system losing Bojan shooting, for example).

JC for Thybulle. Perfect Robin to Don's Batman. Top 3 perimeter defender in the league, anyone hesitates attacking Rudy and Thybulles going to take the ball off them. Give him Royce's minutes and some. And I think Philly might do it, especially if they can't get rid of Simmons

I would love to bring back Millsap. Redick is another option as he can shoot the three. For cheap I wouldn't mind Hartenstein at PF.

It would be sweet to sign Millsap to a cheap 2-year deal as then we could trade Bogie for a need at the deadline; Millsap and Gay would be more than enough at PF.

I would love to bring back Millsap. Redick is another option as he can shoot the three. For cheap I wouldn't mind Hartenstein at PF.

It would be sweet to sign Millsap to a cheap 2-year deal as then we could trade Bogie for a need at the deadline; Millsap and Gay would be more than enough at PF.
I don’t think the FO would pursue either guy but if either of those two were okay with very limited or unpredictable playing time, that’s exactly the kind of things we’d need to do with those roster spots. We have good three point shooters and we’re overall great as a team, but to have a true sharp shooter that really changes the defense or makes them pay is a big value to have.

I don’t think the FO would pursue either guy but if either of those two were okay with very limited or unpredictable playing time, that’s exactly the kind of things we’d need to do with those roster spots. We have good three point shooters and we’re overall great as a team, but to have a true sharp shooter that really changes the defense or makes them pay is a big value to have.
I know Bogie and Gay are going to get a lot of PF minutes but Millsap only got 12 minutes a game in the Playoffs.

I get what you're saying but things like this still happen. Whiteside came here despite us having Rudy and Udoka (Whiteside played around 15 minutes last season).

Redick claims he's waiting for the season to start and then he'll sign. It looks like Brooklyn has 17 guaranteed contracts and the Lakers are at 16 (I didn't know the Lakers signed McClung - wowee). Clippers are only at around 15 - aside from them I guess he could go to a GS or to the Bucks but I'm too lazy to check their guaranteeds - just looked at the blatant super teams.

I know Bogie and Gay are going to get a lot of PF minutes but Millsap only got 12 minutes a game in the Playoffs.

I get what you're saying but things like this still happen. Whiteside came here despite us having Rudy and Udoka (Whiteside played around 15 minutes last season).

Redick claims he's waiting for the season to start and then he'll sign. It looks like Brooklyn has 17 guaranteed contracts and the Lakers are at 16 (I didn't know the Lakers signed McClung - wowee). Clippers are only at around 15 - aside from them I guess he could go to a GS or to the Bucks but I'm too lazy to check their guaranteeds - just looked at the blatant super teams.
I think our FO signing them would be a bigger barrier than those players wanting to sign. Maybe it's different with JZ, but I'd be surprised if they'd be open to guys like that.

Someone to watch is Josh Hart. He signed a weirdo 3 year contract with only one season guaranteed. I think it's safe to say that the rumors about a lack of interest from both sides is true. I go back and forth on Hart. Sometimes I think he can be a very good two way player that you have to have on the court in a Royce O'Neale fashion. Other times I think he might just be a hustle guy who rebounds but is not great at shooting and just average on defense.

Someone to watch is Josh Hart. He signed a weirdo 3 year contract with only one season guaranteed. I think it's safe to say that the rumors about a lack of interest from both sides is true. I go back and forth on Hart. Sometimes I think he can be a very good two way player that you have to have on the court in a Royce O'Neale fashion. Other times I think he might just be a hustle guy who rebounds but is not great at shooting and just average on defense.
I like Hart and think he could be a very solid player in the right environment. I don’t think the Lakers and Pels were/are great for that. To think we drafted him and traded him with Thomas Bryant (14&6 guy shooting 40+% from 3) for Tony Bradley...