What's new

Rubio traded to Jazz

I have so many thoughts right now...

- I question the fit because the dude cannot shoot the ball to save his life.
- So this definitely means Hill is gone unless acquiring Rubio was part of a bigger move being cooked up. Right?
- How does this effect Hayward's decision?
- I guess Ex is never going to get an opportunity. I question why we used a #5 pick on a player who has never seen consistent minutes in his entire career and is entering a contract season.
- If this helps Minny acquire another all star level player like Lowry... ****

And of course, the main thought that has been on my mind for at least a week straight...
- For the love of **** Hayward please stay.

This trade is actually great. We traded a top 14 protected pick for a good player. so basically nothing for rubio

There's a possibility Westbrook gets traded this year, in which case that pick will likely turn to trash. So I like the fact DL moved it, but I'm not really excited about Rubio. Definitely can't play Favors next to Gobert with Rubio on the floor.

How old is rubio?

Locke said today that the jazz offered 80mil to hill and he turned it down. Rubio is a much better option than hill at 20plus a year in my opinion.

I'm seeing Wolves fans really sad that Rubio is leaving and claiming Rubio is better than Hill. They're biased of course, but it's a good sign.

I don't believe this guarantees Hill is gone, but assuming he is, Utah has a much better situation with 26 year old Rubio at 28 mil for 2 years than 31 year old George Hill at 130 mil for 4 years.

Also, the team has sorely needed a passing PG basically since Stockton left. As of right now, this is one of my favorite trades the Jazz have ever made.

Btw if Hayward leaves this is waaaaay better than giving 31 yo Hill a desperation contract.

Rubio Exum Mitchell Hood Ingles Favors Gobert. I'll watch that ****ing team bros. Rubio is a great watch.
Burks! Go down with the ship bro!

Eddie Sefko @ESefko

Would have to think that Rubio arrival would make it more likely that Gordon Hayward sticks around with Jazz.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody

Despite pessimism on Twitter, there's obvious optimism within Jazz that acquiring Ricky Rubio bolsters their case to keep Gordon Hayward.

It's also possible they still sign Hill, but wanted to move that pick for the best value possible. Also gives them insurance in case Hill wants too much money or too long of a contract.

I have so many thoughts right now...

- I question the fit because the dude cannot shoot the ball to save his life.
- So this definitely means Hill is gone unless acquiring Rubio was part of a bigger move being cooked up. Right?
- How does this effect Hayward's decision?
- I guess Ex is never going to get an opportunity. I question why we used a #5 pick on a player who has never seen consistent minutes in his entire career and is entering a contract season.
- If this helps Minny acquire another all star level player like Lowry... ****

And of course, the main thought that has been on my mind for at least a week straight...
- For the love of **** Hayward please stay.
I agree about the exum part but...... he is restricted so this isn't his last year with us to get a chance at good minutes necessarily.

Reaction in this thread reminds me a lot of last year, when everybody assumed Hill was a below-average PG and the Jazz were making a horrible mistake.

The metrics on Rubio all tell the same story: All else equal, the Wolves were quite damn good when he was on the court, and fell to pieces without him.

There's a possibility Westbrook gets traded this year, in which case that pick will likely turn to trash.

The pick is top 14 protected.