What's new

Rubio traded to Jazz

This is a good trade. I assume more is happening though. Love or Griffin?

Blake Griffin might not be ready to play until December. That toe injury wasn't minor.

( I know I'm a hypocrite, since I want to pursue Jabari in 2018 if Hayward leaves )

Locke said today that the jazz offered 80mil to hill and he turned it down. Rubio is a much better option than hill at 20plus a year in my opinion.
**** hill if true.

I'm seeing Wolves fans really sad that Rubio is leaving and claiming Rubio is better than Hill. They're biased of course, but it's a good sign.

I don't believe this guarantees Hill is gone, but assuming he is, Utah has a much better situation with 26 year old Rubio at 28 mil for 2 years than 31 year old George Hill at 130 mil for 4 years.

Also, the team has sorely needed a passing PG basically since Stockton left. As of right now, this is one of my favorite trades the Jazz have ever made.

This. Just looked at a couple of their forums and they are pretty bummed. I was a bit surprised by that actually. Was expecting the opposite.

Locke said today that the jazz offered 80mil to hill and he turned it down. Rubio is a much better option than hill at 20plus a year in my opinion.

If that's true, I don't blame the Jazz. See ya, George! I doubt you get that from anyone else.

And the Jazz had better hire a darn good shooting coach.

I'm seeing Wolves fans really sad that Rubio is leaving and claiming Rubio is better than Hill. They're biased of course, but it's a good sign.

I don't believe this guarantees Hill is gone, but assuming he is, Utah has a much better situation with 26 year old Rubio at 28 mil for 2 years than 31 year old George Hill at 130 mil for 4 years.

Also, the team has sorely needed a passing PG basically since Stockton left. As of right now, this is one of my favorite trades the Jazz have ever made.
Hill ain't getting 130 million

Rubio is more fun, younger, and cheaper than Hill.

You don't think Lindsey has some idea how Hill is leaning or how much he wants?

You think he did this knowing Hayward would be pissed and leave if he did?

Give the front office a tiny bit of credit you guys.

Rubio lobs to Gobert. Gimme

More fun? What are we, 8 years old? I want to win and to do that, Hayward needs to ****ing stay.

Wait... was he talking about just now or was he talking about a few months ago? I had assumed you meant just now. If it's talking about a few months ago then ignore my previous comments.

has played just 70 or more games three times in his six NBA seasons due to injuries.

Are people forgetting how badly Hill crapped the bed in the playoffs last year? The only reason I wanted him back for the absurd contract he was wanting was if it meant Hayward would stay. So, assuming this means Hill leaves, we really would have to know what impact this has on Hayward in order to know whether it was a good move. Frankly, I don't think the Jazz are contending switching out Hayward/Hill with Rubio/Mitchell. But pairing Rubio and Hayward would be amazing.