What's new

Rubio traded to Jazz

This also comes with everyone pissed about them trading/passing on Fultz and drafting another SF.

Also losing out on Butler who had been rumored to come here for a couple seasons.

Been a bad week or so for the Celtics.

Sounds like a blast for any non Celtics fans.

This also comes with everyone pissed about them trading/passing on Fultz and drafting another SF.

Also losing out on Butler who had been rumored to come here for a couple seasons.

What is the station in Boston you listen to?

I never had an amazing opinion of Rubio, but I'm hoping he's a good fit here. I'll will say averaging 9 assists is no joke, and I don't care where you do it. That's fantastic. And while I always thought he was a walking injury, he did play 75+ games his last two seasons. That's encouraging.

I do like that his price tag is good, and I think him vs. Hill is a lateral move when everything is taken into consideration.

We really shouldn't be ragging on Hill like this. He made a mistake and didn't have a smart, connected agent to let him know that it was one. Hill was an incredible contributor, despite the injuries, filled a necessary leadership vacuum that helped our young team improve, and was great to the community. He's a stand up guy and deserves the very best.

No need to be vindictive.

I'll never fault a guy for going after the money when they can. These guys have a small window to make it. More power to Hill if he can get one last great contract for himself.

And as result, committing to a pint-sized PG who wants a boatload of cash.

Great trade. It was good for simply how little the Jazz gave up to get a good point guard on a cheap contract as far as contracts go in today's NBA. At best I see the Wolves getting a mid 20s pick out of this. Looking forward to non-stop lobs to Gobert and wide open 3s from Hood.

Always liked Rubio. Hoping he stays.

I like that the Jazz have decided to focus on getting strong defenders. Will also point out that Carroll, Millsap and Jingles became better shooters under Quin Snyder's tutelage. George Hill was limited by injuries and had one of his best offensive seasons last year. Hoping Rubio actually makes a jump in that regard.

I'm curious to know how Rubio feels after the trade. Haven't seen any activity on his Twitter. Anyone seen anything around social media? Does he have to avoid discussing it until it goes through the league office?

According to reports George Hill and the Spurs have broken off talks. Who is left to pay him?
When he turned down that extension for fair money Imo I soured on him. What is his deal? He was injured half of last year, and we gave him a good offer. Now it seems like he will take less.

The Rubio move is good on paper, saves money, and adds a starting PG to the team. but, does it make us better than last year? Does it add more wins?
Those are the things I care about.

It's unusual when a guard shoots 90% FT but 32% from three. Perhaps he might improve his 3P shot in Utah.. look how Ingles progressed over years: 35.6 - 38.6 - 44.1

[tweet]880899297486790656[/tweet]

Starting line up: Rubio, Hood, Hayward, Favors, Gobert. Rubio will make our offense run. Lobs to Gobert, setting up Favors, and Hayward. Hood will have to step up and be the 2nd scoring threat with Hayward. We are losing George Hills scoring ability, for Rubio play making ability. He could make our team run even better or because of lack of shooting we struggle more that last year. It will be interesting to see what happens. He's never been a winner, but his heart and desire to win seem real.

This Paul George trade smacks of Kevin Pritchard giving Ainge the middle finger.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought after the Butler trade, but now I have no doubt that something is up. It sounds crazy, but it almost seems like Ainge Annoys these other GMs to the point they are willing to take less to send their guy anywhere but Boston. Ainge must be a really annoying guy to deal with for this to keep happening.