What's new

Rubio..

And now it's time for candrew to pat himself on the back for predicting this back in July.

Ideally I'd love for The Jazz to trade him before the deadline; but I doubt they do that. My hope is they use his expiring status to package him out of Utah after this season.

Thought he had elite skill without a shot. Was wrong. No elite skill. Bench. Trade.

Other than size I don't think there is one thing that Rubio has a clear advantage of over Neto.

Neto gets overwhelmed now and again because he's undersized; but other than that I see no reason not to move Neto up on the depth chart ahead of Rubio.

Other than size I don't think there is one thing that Rubio has a clear advantage of over Neto.

Neto gets overwhelmed now and again because he's undersized; but other than that I see no reason not to move Neto up on the depth chart ahead of Rubio.

Neto's' head is in the game. At this point, Rubio's' is not. Where did Ricky's midrange jumper go that he was so consistent with early on?

I actually created a thread in October after the Portland game about this and I got lots of dislikes and some negs because of it. In that game, DM pretty much took over in the 4th and won that game for us after Quin benched Rubio. His play has even started to make me doubt Rudy, but I think Rubio is only one reason why Rudy hasn't played well -- his injury and maybe a little overconfidence have also played a part.

I remember last summer when people were talking about what point guards the jazz could/should try to get and rubio was discussed that the majority of posters didn't want him (myself included) mainly cause he couldn't shoot. A few posters thought he would be a great pickup but most didn't want him.

Then after we traded for him and highlight videos started being posted and his 2nd half stats from last season started getting hyped up and his teams offensive stats with him on court vs off court started being talked about many posters convinced themselves that rubio would be good with the jazz. (I still didn't believe in rubio at this point)

Then in the pre-season and the first few regular season games he looked good (really just was making shots at an unsustainable level) and I bought in and became a believer.
****ing fools gold. Im done with rubio.

The best assist man for the Suns gets 4 per game. Just trade Rubio for Monroe and cut our losses while we can.

Rubio was brought in to support Hayward before Mitchell even became a factor. Before we pay him $14+ next year, trade him.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Unfortunately I think the best option right now is to bench Rubio. Keep Favors in as a starter and see how they do together without Rubio but more than likely you need to pull Favors out early and so him and Rubio can run lots of pick and rolls together against bench units.

Mitchell needs to start at PG and Burks or Hood at sg.

If only Exum was healthy it would make this much easier. Although maybe just getting Hood back will allow us to play Rubio less and play him against second units.

Our team has a few problems but Rubio starting and playing a lot seems to be the biggest problem now.

How do you think Rubio has played this year? How do you see things going forward for him and this team? What should the Jazz do with him?

Rubio has underachieved I'll give you that, but I also believe but that he still has it in him to adjust his game to Quin's system of rapid ball movement and decision making. Rubio's go to move to keep defenses in check requires 2 players, himself and a good roller to the basket (pick n roll), for his mid-range shot is reliable, especially dropping to the left side.

I'd be all in for trying to find his place coming off the bench, which is very different from some of the hateful shots taken at him that I've been reading as of late. We could go from there about what his future is with the Jazz.

I remember last summer when people were talking about what point guards the jazz could/should try to get and rubio was discussed that the majority of posters didn't want him (myself included) mainly cause he couldn't shoot. A few posters thought he would be a great pickup but most didn't want him.

Then after we traded for him and highlight videos started being posted and his 2nd half stats from last season started getting hyped up and his teams offensive stats with him on court vs off court started being talked about many posters convinced themselves that rubio would be good with the jazz. (I still didn't believe in rubio at this point)

Then in the pre-season and the first few regular season games he looked good (really just was making shots at an unsustainable level) and I bought in and became a believer.
****ing fools gold. Im done with rubio.

I was one that was all for bringing him on. He was one of only two players in the history of the Minnesota franchise that has a positive +- over a certain number of games, which I thought was significant. I thought he was a very good passer and defender, with a suspect shot that has improved. So far, he's just not very good. But I can't believe even with this large of a sample size, that his ability to lead a team will continue to suck like it has so far. His passing is abysmal, his decisions are erratic and usually wrong. I don't think this is who he is. I think we need to give him more time. I mean, based on the season, Rudy is worth about 100k over four years, not 100 mil. I had patience with Burks, because he had all the tools to be great, and he is. Rubio simply can't be as bad as his play suggests.

I was one that was all for bringing him on. He was one of only two players in the history of the Minnesota franchise that has a positive +- over a certain number of games, which I thought was significant. I thought he was a very good passer and defender, with a suspect shot that has improved. So far, he's just not very good. But I can't believe even with this large of a sample size, that his ability to lead a team will continue to suck like it has so far. His passing is abysmal, his decisions are erratic and usually wrong. I don't think this is who he is. I think we need to give him more time. I mean, based on the season, Rudy is worth about 100k over four years, not 100 mil. I had patience with Burks, because he had all the tools to be great, and he is. Rubio simply can't be as bad as his play suggests.
Fair enough. He is still new to a whole new system and teammates and playing with two traditional non shooting bigs too often.

Rubio can't get Gobert the ball, and is not a good match offensively with Gobert's skillset. Rubio is better with Gobert off the court and vice versa.

I was on the fence when the trade went down. On one hand he couldn't shoot or finish in trafic, but at the same time he averaged between 8-10 assists for most of his career, so I thought the shooting and finishing issues wouldn't matter much, but he's barely getting half of those assists, and he's not even making those midrange shots. He's killing the offense. Everytime someone passes to him open for a corner three I cringe. The Rubio experiment is over for me. I'm ready to trade him for a half eaten lollipop

I don't want to call DM our PG because I think he can play both on and off ball, but he's our primary creator. I think everyone would benefit from having a guy that can shoot off ball alongside them. I don't think we have to trade Rubio, but I would use him as a backup... if there are nights where he has it going then great, he can play more those nights.

I think Snyder had mentioned not wanting to put too much on DMs plate... Ingles can operate as the de facto point guard getting everyone in place and such. I just think DM has talent, athleticism, measurables, but I also think he might be a savant... listen to Woj's pod and they talk about his mental makeup when he was 16... he learns and implements fast. I think he's a guy you add to his plate and he will figure things out in 3-5 games.

Rubio is a problem, two bigs is a problem... alleviate the problems one way or another. If we insist on keeping these guys lets put them in the role that leads to the most team success. Once December 15th rolls around and most contracts can be traded we will see what happens, but once we are past that date we need to just tell the guys we can't go with these screwy lineups anymore. i mean we moved Hood to the bench and we are trying to re-sign the guy.