What's new

Rubio..

Locke mentioned this idea and said if you are moving that direction you may as well consider yourself done with Rubio... if it is an all or nothing thing I will take nothing.

If that's the case, then you will certainly find no objection from me.

I'd run the same way for a week until the trade market opens up and if there is nothing out there I reconfigure the lineup.
But... why? Does continually putting him in a position where he can't succeed and has been playing his worst basketball somehow something that is good for his trade value?

I think maybe Rubio is just too flawed to really even be effective and I think he'd check out on us if we moved him to the bench.
I'm somehow confident he wouldn't. He's a pro, and he has to know WTF is up. In any case, if it doesn't work, that's fine. It's already not working, almost spectacularly.

And yeah, I know Zingis is a pipedream, but I still see a sliver of hope and you bet your *** I'm going in on it if it doesn't threaten a better plan (there isn't/it doesn't). The hardest thing about preserving 2019 cap is figuring out which injury-plagued, inconsistent contributor you decide you even want to keep out of Exum, Favors, and Hood. I wouldn't be shocked or heartbroken if none of them were here precisely because I don't know WTF they are going to be.

If that's the case, then you will certainly find no objection from me.

But... why? Does continually putting him in a position where he can't succeed and has been playing his worst basketball somehow something that is good for his trade value?

I'm somehow confident he wouldn't. He's a pro, and he has to know WTF is up. In any case, if it doesn't work, that's fine. It's already not working, almost spectacularly.

I mean if we aren't shopping him and waiting for 12/15 to move him or Favs then just go for it now, but if you are going to trade him in a week or are somewhat certain you are then no need to rock the boat for 2 games. Before moving Favs I'd like Rudy healthy and itd be nice if Hood came back before we move Rubio to the bench.

And yeah, I know Zingis is a pipedream, but I still see a sliver of hope and you bet your *** I'm going in on it if it doesn't threaten a better plan (there isn't/it doesn't). The hardest thing about preserving 2019 cap is figuring out which injury-plagued, inconsistent contributor you decide you even want to keep out of Exum, Favors, and Hood. I wouldn't be shocked or heartbroken if none of them were here precisely because I don't know WTF they are going to be.

I think the cost on Exum will be reasonable and the risk reward is there for him. I think Favors is 100% gone either way. Hood is the question... will he come at a discount or will he get $20M+. If he gets a big deal he's a huge risk and I think there is a 50/50 chance he gets a big deal.

Just trade Rubio for Monroe and a 2nd rounder

Then

Trade Favors and Hood for Jabari Parker and DJ Wilson. Hell, take back Dellie if we have to.

Go all in on what seems to be a perfect front court. Pick and Roll with Jabari and Mitchell while Gobert is there for the lob if Mitchell turns the corner on the defender. Ingles and a PG/SG who can shoot spreading the floor.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

cant believe some of you here actually thought gobert and rubio would be stockton to malone. what a ****ing joke lmao.

stockton could pull back and drill the shot if you sag off him. Rubio can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Just trade Rubio for Monroe and a 2nd rounder

Then

Trade Favors and Hood for Jabari Parker and DJ Wilson. Hell, take back Dellie if we have to.

Go all in on what seems to be a perfect front court. Pick and Roll with Jabari and Mitchell while Gobert is there for the lob if Mitchell turns the corner on the defender. Ingles and a PG/SG who can shoot spreading the floor.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think either team does those trades... everything out of Milwaukee has basically stated they are not moving Parker. I think the Phoenix trade is a maybe on their end.

I wouldn't mind doing Favs for Wilson and Teletovic, but we'd have to clear a roster spot.

I really think re-acquiring Hill is an option and I don't think he's a different player. His numbers this year per minute are similar to his numbers the year before coming here.

I think he is a phenomenal fit here and might be close to what we got last year. Even when he was hurting he was still good for us. Sacramento's effect can't be overstated imo.

I really think re-acquiring Hill is an option and I don't think he's a different player. His numbers this year per minute are similar to his numbers the year before coming here.

I think he is a phenomenal fit here and might be close to what we got last year. Even when he was hurting he was still good for us. Sacramento's effect can't be overstated imo.

Hill's catch and shoot 3 point ability would be even more valuable on this team.

Also, although my optimism may be pre-mature, I think the re-set button on this franchise is not as slow a turnaround as I initially thought - with the emergence of DM this team is a player away from 50 wins.

I remember last summer when people were talking about what point guards the jazz could/should try to get and rubio was discussed that the majority of posters didn't want him (myself included) mainly cause he couldn't shoot. A few posters thought he would be a great pickup but most didn't want him.

Then after we traded for him and highlight videos started being posted and his 2nd half stats from last season started getting hyped up and his teams offensive stats with him on court vs off court started being talked about many posters convinced themselves that rubio would be good with the jazz. (I still didn't believe in rubio at this point)

Then in the pre-season and the first few regular season games he looked good (really just was making shots at an unsustainable level) and I bought in and became a believer.
****ing fools gold. Im done with rubio.

A Fish sighting! Where have you been you googley eyed hooligan?

I hate to see it, being a Rubio Homer, but I think you are right. Rubio's confidence is at an all time low. He doesn't believe in his shot, but keeps shooting. But that wasn't new. It's his passing that is crazy. His decision making with the ball has been REALLY suspect. That pass to Favor's last night was the perfect example. He threw it about 5 feet above Favors head significantly out of reach for Favors. That type of a pass is what you would expect from Gobert or Udoh, but Rubio? Sigh... I had really high hopes. Perhaps Quin can change the trend, but alas I fear he will play the role of mentor for DM.

Granted, mentor for DM is not the worst thing FYI. See the post directly above.

A Fish sighting! Where have you been you googley eyed hooligan?

I hate to see it, being a Rubio Homer, but I think you are right. Rubio's confidence is at an all time low. He doesn't believe in his shot, but keeps shooting. But that wasn't new. It's his passing that is crazy. His decision making with the ball has been REALLY suspect. That pass to Favor's last night was the perfect example. He threw it about 5 feet above Favors head significantly out of reach for Favors. That type of a pass is what you would expect from Gobert or Udoh, but Rubio? Sigh... I had really high hopes. Perhaps Quin can change the trend, but alas I fear he will play the role of mentor for DM.

Granted, mentor for DM is not the worst thing FYI. See the post directly above.

That pass was a rocket too. Every lob he’s thrown to Rudy turns into a turnover or an awkward catch... they look like hell Mary’s

If he’s humble enough to come off the bench then sure keep him but I don’t want him on the floor with Rudy or in two big scenarios. He’s just so flawed and it seems like he’s not getting better.

Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that acquiring Rubio was a mistake, and we are better off with him off the floor, particularly when combined with Favors and/or Gobert. He needs to start coming off the bench and only playing when he's surrounded by floor spacers. His poor shooting, again particularly when combined with non-floor spacing of Favors/Gobert, is killing us.

Also, on a related issue, either Favors or Gobert needs to go. They don't work together. In the interim, Favors probably needs to start coming off the bench, as the two of them simply cannot spend more than a few minutes per game on the floor together. Whatever Quinn does is likely to ruffle some feathers, but I still believe playoffs are possible if we can right this ship, and I have no interest in tanking.

I blame Nerdwward. And everytime I see Rubio I think of Haynerd, and the way Whoward left after telling George Hill's Big toe the plan.

I hate that the jazz gave up two first round picks to try to entice Coward to stay. It irritates me more that the OKC pick is looking pretty good right now--because that makes Scott Layden look smarter than Dennis O'Lindsey, which probably isn't true but I hate that I have to think about it.

Rubio is struggling to get the ball to Rudy, but Rudy is struggling to catch any pass from anyone. It's like an automatic turnover. Do I get people mad if I say he doesn't have the softest hands around?

Bottom 10 four-man lineup combinations range in Minutes played together from 69 to 244, and have a negative net rating per 100-possessions of -24 to -3.4. Rubio is part of 8 out fo 10 and is in all of the bottom 7. (BTW, Alec Burks is in 3 of the top 4 of 4 man combinations)

Rubio is struggling to get the ball to Rudy, but Rudy is struggling to catch any pass from anyone. It's like an automatic turnover. Do I get people mad if I say he doesn't have the softest hands around?

He hasn't been great this year but was pretty damn good last year.

Hard to catch in that much traffic. Rubio's guy sags and another guys comes weakside. Rubio's lobs are horrific.

Bottom 10 four-man lineup combinations range in Minutes played together from 69 to 244, and have a negative net rating per 100-possessions of -24 to -3.4. Rubio is part of 8 out fo 10 and is in all of the bottom 7. (BTW, Alec Burks is in 3 of the top 4 of 4 man combinations)

I just don't get what people think we can "unlock" with Rubio... like what is it there that we think we can fix? He isn't a rookie.. been in the league for 7 years and has logged about 12,000 minutes... he kind of is what he is at this point.