What's new

Ryan wants a new arena

Is he paying for it or is he trying to make the city?

There's no way tiny *** Draper can afford to pay for a billion dollar arena. He's paying for it if he's moving to Draper. Or maybe he's trying to strong arm SLC to pay for a new arena so he wouldn't move.

There’s no land for an arena and supporting infrastructure In utah county. Not unless you build that thing in Spanish fork or Payson. From the point to south Provo, it’s pretty landlocked.

Ryan should wait until the product is watchable. I have no interests in having my taxes raised to support this garbage losing by 50 to Dallas.

There's no way tiny *** Draper can afford to pay for a billion dollar arena. He's paying for it if he's moving to Draper. Or maybe he's trying to strong arm SLC to pay for a new arena so he wouldn't move.
Or he makes the state pay for it

Utahns have a hatred for SLC. I grew up in SLC and I have a hatred for Utah outside of the Salt Lake Valley, but my heart is in SLC.

If the Jazz leave SLC I'm probably done with them. Draper, POTM, Las Vegas, it's all the same for me. The "Utah" Jazz should have always been the SLC Jazz. If the team rejects the city to become like the only NBA team to be nearly rural and appeal to a more rural demographic then I'll let that transition happen by getting out of the way of what will be the downfall of the Jazz.

Not only that but the Delta Center is holding up great and serving the team very very well. There is no reason to ditch that arena.

Cool! I'd love to go to dinner catch a game and hit the bars in Draper. Just kidding. Going downtown for a game makes it an occasion. If I want to go to a game in Draper I'll go to my son's old high school Corner Canyon and catch a football game. When I grew up in Detroit they had the Pistons and Lions in the burbs over 30 minutes from downtown before they got smart and moved them downtown.

Cool! I'd love to go to dinner catch a game and hit the bars in Draper. Just kidding. Going downtown for a game makes it an occasion. If I want to go to a game in Draper I'll go to my son's old high school Corner Canyon and catch a football game. When I grew up in Detroit they had the Pistons and Lions in the burbs over 30 minutes from downtown before they got smart and moved them downtown.
Great post

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I don't live in Utah, so I don't care that much, but if I did I would want them to keep the arena in SLC. Going to Jazz games was one of the few times I went to SLC growing up, and I think it was important for me to see the city and feel connected to it.

I don't live in Utah, so I don't care that much, but if I did I would want them to keep the arena in SLC. Going to Jazz games was one of the few times I went to SLC growing up, and I think it was important for me to see the city and feel connected to it.
I really just don't get the need for new arenas. I've been to a good amount of sporting events in different arenas in different towns. I just go to my seat sit down and watch th game then leave. As long as the seats are comfortable I'm happy. They need to put more money into the seats being comfortable, less into new arenas