What's new

Spida’s Ankle

I’m not, I’m just real. Anyway, I’ll be done…..for now. Back to the regularly scheduled updates on Mr. Divas ankle as they come.

I’ll prob ignore you at some point but for now you are kind of an entertaining moron. Keep it real lol

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I think if you went to a Jazzfanz party and vocally expressed your views, they would tar and feather you, maybe even worse. You are the 1/1000 of Jazz fans who dislike Mitchell. What is your problem? Karl was far more of a diva than Donovan. He even threatened to sign with another team during his prime years. Man, I think you have some personal reason that you don't like him but aren't telling us.
Pretty sure he wrote him a fan letter asking for a signed picture, and what he got was just a team photo. That's enough to break any girl's heart.

I make no bones about it. I don’t like the dude, at all. He’s shown exactly who he really is, and I’ll be glad the day he isn’t on the team anymore, which good for me, sad for all you will be within the next few years anyway. Perhaps the worst part about him, is the fact he tries to pull off a public persona that so clearly has been shown isn’t his actual persona. Mr. Diva doesnt get special distractions on our bench during games just because he’s a dramatic, self deluded baby. He can keep his personal garbage off the bench during games. Bowing to the crybabies every want isn’t gonna do them any good anyway.
Wait, what? I thought you were Donovan's biggest fan? How did he hurt you???

Let’s just love Mitchell while he is here. I think everyone knows there is a very significant chance he moves on from Utah after his next contract is up, especially if we have failed to win a championship by then. But let’s not think about that right now.

LMAO. Donovan has been responsible for building HIS brand and HIS image. He’ll throw anyone under the bus who threatens that the second he gets a chance, up to and including the other teammate most responsible for the success in his career and the training staff who took care of him for 4 years.
all I can say is you do have your own reality bubble. Well, at least you cheer FOR the Jazz.

I'm not "in there" like "on the team" so what do I know really. Still, what I have seen takes me down this lane. I am biased perhaps by my brother who watches every game. Team chemistry changed when we brought Donovan on. He says...... and it could be logically argued it was an improvement over what was going on before/

If Donovan carries us to a championship this season as we all hope, he can be the biggest diva on earth.
He would only do it for selfish reasons and to get attention for himself.

So... I asked this a while ago but when is the last time DM has skyd up for a huge dunk? I truthfully can't remember. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I do think there's more to this injury.

So... I asked this a while ago but when is the last time DM has skyd up for a huge dunk? I truthfully can't remember. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I do think there's more to this injury.

He's had some pretty acrobatic attempts at the basket in this series but he ultimately adjusted for layup attempts due to the defense.

Tonight was a full display of an ankle injury that has worn down. Donovan had the audacity to pressure the medical staff to clear him for games towards the end of the regular season. Listen, you can call it drive, gutsy, etc. all you want. The Jazz medical staff was right in knowing it wasn’t going to last. The Jazz have played the least amount of playoff games of any team. Donovan has played a total of 9 games. And now 9 games later, that ankle is cooked and he’s putting strain on his left leg, he can’t drive, he can’t beat anyone off the dribble, he can’t jump, he can’t defend correctly because he can’t cut, and our season is over. You can win games 6 and 7 and pull out this series, that ankle is toast and has no time to get better now. It’s sad, it’s unfortunate, but with that ankle simply getting more painful and less useful with one day in between grueling playoff games, the door has slammed shut. I do think the Jazz staff would have attempted to manage his ankle more aggressively had he let them. 9 games later, his ankle is simply done. Injuries got us too.

Last edited:
Tonight was a full display of an ankle injury that has worn down. Donovan had the audacity to pressure the medical staff to clear him for games towards the end of the regular season. Listen, you can call it drive, gutsy, etc. all you want. The Jazz medical staff was right in knowing it wasn’t going to last. The Jazz have played the least amount of playoff games of any team. Donovan has played a total of 9 games. And now 9 games later, that ankle is cooked and he’s putting strain on his left leg, he can’t drive, he can’t beat anyone off the dribble, he can’t jump, he can’t defend correctly because he can’t cut, and our season is over. You can win games 6 and 7 and pull out this series, that ankle is toast and has no time to get better now. It’s sad, it’s unfortunate, but with that ankle simply getting more painful and less useful with one day in between grueling playoff games, the door has slammed shut. I do think the Jazz staff would have attempted to manage his ankle more aggressively had he let them. 9 games later, his ankle is simply done. Injuries got us too.
Can't fault him for wanting to play. Same thing with Embid. His injury has affected his play as well. It's the playoffs; it's do or die. As Greg Anthony did say, you can still play with a bad ankle and help the team. Look at Harden who was a shell of himself last game but he gutted it out to help the team. That's not being a diva; that's simply wanting to help your team win.

Can't fault him for wanting to play. Same thing with Embid. His injury has affected his play as well. It's the playoffs; it's do or die. As Greg Anthony did say, you can still play with a bad ankle and help the team. Look at Harden who was a shell of himself last game but he gutted it out to help the team. That's not being a diva; that's simply wanting to help your team win.
The reason he’s a diva is because of the passive aggressive IG posts he always puts up, and the running to national media he does every time he gets mad, not the fact he wanted badly to play. It’s great he tried, but in the end the ankle was not ready for a full playoff run and I’m sure the medical staff knew that and would have liked to punt some games to give his ankle more rest. Obviously they weren’t even going to try to stop him from playing any games after he made a national story over it. At this point he’s putting a lot of pressure on his other leg now. Every time he jumps he’s making sure he lands on his left leg. Like now the strain of the injury on everything else has a real chance of hurting an achillies, knee, or something worse than just the ankle. I’m sure he’ll go for game 6, but it’s becoming pretty obvious it’s not all that smart, and there’s no way if we somehow did find a way to get to another series that it’s going to heal or hold up now. I’m not saying he shouldn’t have given those 9 games a go, I’m simply saying if you only made it 9 games, yeah his personal training staff is the ones he shouldn’t be trusting because he wanted to be cleared to play several games towards the end of the regular season. If by 9 games he’s at like 60% at this point he/his staff couldn’t have been more wrong at where his progression was. The Jazz training staff knew that ankle wasn’t going to hold up through a long playoff run and they were right. And here we are. Like many teams, our star ended up with an injury and our season is pretty much packed up. Hopefully the other guys can pull out a game 6 and 7 win. It’d still be fun to see.

This all started with the jazz losing game 1 to Memphis. DM was probably gonna sit as long as the series wasn't tied or we were down. Everyone gave the medical staff **** but they knew... Just think, we had 6 days off between Round 1 and 2 and DM ankle still gave out.

If Conley is healthy we are up 3-2 at worst and saying if only DM was healthy it could be over and we get a few days before the sun's series.

Now the sun's are pulling for us in game 6. The sun's don't care who they play, It's all about buying time for CP3 at this point. Lets see they get a shell of the jazz who they have dominated before with No Conley or DM. Or home court against the Clippers with no Kawhi..

They kill us in 4 games in our current state of health. They beat the Clippers in 5 maybe 6 since the Clippers are on fire right now.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

This all started with the jazz losing game 1 to Memphis. DM was probably gonna sit as long as the series wasn't tied or we were down. Everyone gave the medical staff **** but they knew... Just think, we had 6 days off between Round 1 and 2 and DM ankle still gave out.

If Conley is healthy we are up 3-2 at worst and saying if only DM was healthy it could be over and we get a few days before the sun's series.

Now the sun's are pulling for us in game 6. The sun's don't care who they play, It's all about buying time for CP3 at this point. Lets see they get a shell of the jazz who they have dominated before with No Conley or DM. Or home court against the Clippers with no Kawhi..

They kill us in 4 games in our current state of health. They beat the Clippers in 5 maybe 6 since the Clippers are on fire right now.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah it’s at an end at this point regardless. I think if the Jazz staff had their say he would have probably rested a few games, maybe pulled back on minutes a touch, but he was “cleared” by his wonderful personal medical staff.

At this point DM is not going to be the DM we need in order to advance. Even if the Jazz found some way to advance they are not beating the Suns. DM sitting more in the Memphis series would have prolonged that series and DM has tweaked the ankle a few times in the Clippers and Memphis series. He needs a long period of rest in order for it to heel. It may never be the same. Ankles rarely fully recover after bad sprains.

Yeah it’s at an end at this point regardless. I think if the Jazz staff had their say he would have probably rested a few games, maybe pulled back on minutes a touch, but he was “cleared” by his wonderful personal medical staff.
If Mitchell had his say we would've swept Memphis and had plenty of rest before Round 2.

Oh and the game Conley got injured in never would have been played.