What's new

Stock Picks

Bought LTC at around $60 2 weeks ago. It is $85 now. This altcoin craze is something else.
I bought in at the wrong time. i bought in when the price was about 92 us around august. so almost about to break even.

but of course i am in it for the long run, and ups and downs are all part of the course!

Bought LTC at around $60 2 weeks ago. It is $85 now. This altcoin craze is something else.

This whole thing is crazy. Im not sure what to think of Litecoin. I have a few, but it excites me a lot less than Bitcoin and Ethereum. Ethereum has been on a tear the last few weeks too. Glad I got some of that. Today its Bitcoin. The Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin has been interesting and frustrating. Ive went back and forth on the two on who is better. I had both but got out of Bitcoin Cash and back in Bitcoin around 7200. Then Bitcoin Cash went back up. Ive made money, but not as much as I could have had I made less trades. I got spooked with that whole segwit2x fork hype, and then the threat of Cash taking over possibly. This stuff is crazy right now. So Im just gonna settle in and diversify a bit, and hold on for the ride. Im super bullish on cryptos, but Im just gonna stick to the top ones. However, I did by into the presale of WAX coin. You should look into that one. You will probably laugh, but its got some major players backing it and believing in it. Still a little bit left. Only 3 days left of the presale.

This whole thing is crazy. Im not sure what to think of Litecoin. I have a few, but it excites me a lot less than Bitcoin and Ethereum. Ethereum has been on a tear the last few weeks too. Glad I got some of that. Today its Bitcoin. The Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin has been interesting and frustrating. Ive went back and forth on the two on who is better. I had both but got out of Bitcoin Cash and back in Bitcoin around 7200. Then Bitcoin Cash went back up. Ive made money, but not as much as I could have had I made less trades. I got spooked with that whole segwit2x fork hype, and then the threat of Cash taking over possibly. This stuff is crazy right now. So Im just gonna settle in and diversify a bit, and hold on for the ride. Im super bullish on cryptos, but Im just gonna stick to the top ones. However, I did by into the presale of WAX coin. You should look into that one. You will probably laugh, but its got some major players backing it and believing in it. Still a little bit left. Only 3 days left of the presale.
as they say in social media!

HODL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look the bubble will burst, but for now HODL!!!!!!!!!!! because big hedge-funds are getting into cryptos. more and more people are trying to get into crypto!

the bubble will burst after all it is digital alchemy! and sooner or later people will realize, the cryptos are worthless. and then the bubble might burst. but we are a long ways away from there!

or they might not, since nixon moved of the gold standard, people have been predicted this worthless fiat currency to crash!

but i will ride this wave, have my stop-losses in the green, and hope then when the bubble finally burst i have reached my goal money wise

consider this if you held the coins you had, no matte rhwat alt coins you had. you would be way way better off today

Edit: Hodl is not a typo! (An "on purpose, kinda" misspelling of "hold" - first coined in the altcoin sphere in 2013 & later said to imply "Hold On for Dear Life". It reinforces the financial concept that you don't sell in a Bear Market. You ride it until the bitter end, or the price comes back up.)
this term originated after a drunk lesbian, came home from a bar. and bticoin was dropping like a stone, and she wrote this drunken rant about holding on to your bitcoin. mispelling hold into HODL, somewhere in 2013! since then it has been the battle cry for holding! so yeah. HODL, the moral of the sotry that drunk lesbian was right

Last edited:

Just bought 150 WAX for 1 ETH. :D

I also bought $500 of Ripple. It was such a pain.

What's this dragonslayer news?

Its complicated. But essentially a bunch of korean and Chinese want Bitcoin Cash to be the real Bitcoin. So there is a conspiracy floating around about how they plan to attack the main Bitcoin with their mining power by jerking with the difficulty algorithm that runs bitcoin. But its not really a conspiracy. They actually tried it a couple weeks ago. It was crazy. It almost flipped. This is all over the block size on the chain. Miners want bigger blocks. The developers want smaller blocks.

I dont know whats going to happen. I was leaning towards Bitcoin Cash winning earlier, but now I feel Bitcoin will. I dunno. Ive went back and forth on it. Its annoying as hell though. Caused me to make trades I didnt want to make. I didnt lose money, but missed out on some. Im keeping a close eye on it to see what happens.

Where did you read about it? Can you leave a link? Id like to read as much as I can about it. People are posting stuff about this on message boards like reddit and some of them are real insiders with real info.
just some people I follow on twitter commenting on it. I loosely follow crytpo cash stuff just because it's fascinating.

What about the Feds swooping in any minute and robbing them blind?

Ill tell you. Look up PotCoin. I got a tip at a pick up game. Its about to take off. Look it up. Its real.

I get marijuana is becoming a huge industry, but why would a marijuana specific crypto currency explode? Just seems weird that there are so many different types of these things.

I get marijuana is becoming a huge industry, but why would a marijuana specific crypto currency explode? Just seems weird that there are so many different types of these things.

I was kidding. I wouldn't expect it to become anything either. But there really is a coin called potcoin. 90% of these coins probably wont mount to anything. Just a bunch of people trying to make some money. Some are really just scams.

I dont see a specific need for a weed coin either.

Sold some of the stocks to buy another bitcoin. I already gained $500 on the first bitcoin in 48 hours. This **** will keep climbing.

Check out my portfolio.

if35va.jpg

38% annual return. I'm amazing at investing!

Impressive, very nice. What do website do you use?

I am kind of intrigued by bitcoin but what do you do if you login and all your **** is basically gone? like are there legit websites for it?

Impressive, very nice. What do website do you use?

I am kind of intrigued by bitcoin but what do you do if you login and all your **** is basically gone? like are there legit websites for it?

I use coinbase.com

When you purchase a coin, you're given two numbers, one for sending the coins and one for receiving coin into your wallet from other sources (you provide that number to those you want to receive from).

You can then download a wallet, and transfer the coins to it, so that you don't have to trust anyone.

I use coinbase.com

When you purchase a coin, you're given two numbers, one for sending the coins and one for receiving coin into your wallet from other sources (you provide that number to those you want to receive from).

You can then download a wallet, and transfer the coins to it, so that you don't have to trust anyone.
guess i am on this posters ignore, he answered the crypto related question but not the stocks. ooh well moving on then

Just for fun, I bought some Walmart when the dip happened after the Amazon acquisition of Whole Foods. That was on July 14th. It's up 26% so far. Not too shabby.

I also bought some Target for comparison. Ya, Target is only up slightly less than 2%. I guess that's what having Jet.com in your back pocket will do for you.

As it is, retail is getting scary. My single share of Amazon is up 23% since June 15th. Might have to clear out Target and get some more Amazon.

Related question - anybody done anything with the robo-advisors?

Where do you guys buy stock from like what website. Not sure I'll do the bitcoin thing seems like a missed out on it. But I got all this money just sitting in the bank, seems like a waste.

Where do you guys buy stock from like what website. Not sure I'll do the bitcoin thing seems like a missed out on it. But I got all this money just sitting in the bank, seems like a waste.

I use etrade. Never had any issues.