What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Losing my phone and discovering how dependent I am on the stupid thing. Worst 24 hours of my life until it was found - or at least in the top 10.

Pet peeve: When I first got married over a decade ago when cell phones weren't anywhere near this mentally necessary, my phone contract ran out and I went without one for three whole days before my wife couldn't stand not having that contact leash. So I got a new one and have been on her plan ever since. BUT SHE DOESN'T ANSWER HER OWN DAMN PHONE 98% OF THE TIME WHEN I CALL BECAUSE SHE IS ALWAYS MISPLACING IT.

Pet peeve: When I first got married over a decade ago when cell phones weren't anywhere near this mentally necessary, my phone contract ran out and I went without one for three whole days before my wife couldn't stand not having that contact leash. So I got a new one and have been on her plan ever since. BUT SHE DOESN'T ANSWER HER OWN DAMN PHONE 98% OF THE TIME WHEN I CALL BECAUSE SHE IS ALWAYS MISPLACING IT.

Or it's on quiet, buried in the purse.

My favorite, is when I go to the store to get things, and ask her to send me a list. Half the time she does. The other half, I'll get to the store, call her, never get an answer, and then slowly go through and get the stuff I know we need. Miraculously, it's almost always when I'm 5 minutes out of the store and on the way home that she calls me and tells me what else we need. Mind you, we live 20 minutes from the store.

I usually just go home and tell her to get it next time she goes with the kids. That'll teach her.

I dream of a life without a cellphone.

In this dream I have some satellite device that only sends text messages (I hardly ever use it; I pay per text; no contract). And this device is powered by a wind-up/crank system like these newer flashlights. I wind it, use it, forget about it.

Or it's on quiet, buried in the purse.

My favorite, is when I go to the store to get things, and ask her to send me a list. Half the time she does. The other half, I'll get to the store, call her, never get an answer, and then slowly go through and get the stuff I know we need. Miraculously, it's almost always when I'm 5 minutes out of the store and on the way home that she calls me and tells me what else we need. Mind you, we live 20 minutes from the store.

I usually just go home and tell her to get it next time she goes with the kids. That'll teach her.

All the times I ask if she wants something from the gas station and she says no, then get a phone call requesting something after I'm already in the car and heading home...

people who take things for granite

or at least say it that way...
and now I have a new acquaintance who actually spells it that way - - she typed up a memo for a charity project we're doing and that's how she spelled it

people who take things for granite

or at least say it that way...
and now I have a new acquaintance who actually spells it that way - - she typed up a memo for a charity project we're doing and that's how she spelled it
It's when you think something is as solid as a rock but it turns out it's not. Duh Moe.

When you have escaped into a game or a book and it suddenly ends.

Don’t know if you know what the Jack Reacher series of books is but I’m reading the latest one now and it is maybe the best in the series. I can’t stop reading it but I don’t want it to end and I’m just rushing through it.
First world problems

Don’t know if you know what the Jack Reacher series of books is but I’m reading the latest one now and it is maybe the best in the series. I can’t stop reading it but I don’t want it to end and I’m just rushing through it.
First world problems
Heard it but I am not sure they are translated into Turkish and English books are expensive af which is another one of my pet peeves.

Global currency ftw.

When you're watching a Jazz game on you DVR on a delay and then when you are forwarding through half time your Comcast X1 cable box gives you an error message and by the time you get it all cleared up you find out your recording ended at half time and there are 6 mins left in the game.

**** you Xfinity!

When you're watching a Jazz game on you DVR on a delay and then when you are forwarding through half time your Comcast X1 cable box gives you an error message and by the time you get it all cleared up you find out your recording ended at half time and there are 6 mins left in the game.

**** you Xfinity!
We didn't get ours back before the end of the game. Very frustrating!