What's new

Taylor Hendricks Hype Thread

Hendricks gets better and better with every game. 5 points, 4 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 block tonight including a team high +25.

He’s just oozing with potential especially on defense. He’s just so active. I see an all-defensive team in his future.
He and Walker have the potential to be a pretty special defensive duo. Imagine if you were to add a guy like Ryan Dunn to that duo defensively and you could have something scary. Of course at that point it all comes down to if Dunn can provide spacing on the offensive side to keep him on the floor.

Hendrix looks like he has the potential to guard almost every player type in the NBA.

Put him in Durant, LeBron, Gianni's, Tatum type of guys and he looks like he could guard them. He has the size and quickness and effort and instinct. He is good at getting in passing lanes and seeing the pass/move before it happens.

Guys he can't guard are pretty few. He won't be able to guard the huge beefy dudes like embiid and jokic or the super speedy guys like fox.

Seems to be a defender in the mold of AK or Draymond. Defensive player of the year potential.

Obviously he is a rookie and the sample size is crap but I love his size and athleticism and his instincts and the way he moves. I remember in a pre season game thread I posted about how fast he is. He has effortless speed.

This is the hype thread so there is some hype for ya @Bawse Dawg

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

These are the reasons why I desperately wanted Hendricks in the drat. Walker looked super promising as well but it hasn't shown yet.

Freak athlete - ✔
Modern 1 - 5 Defensive Switchability - ✔
Length - ✔
+40% 3 pt FG% - ✔

He looked like the perfect playoff stud. When he fell I was giddey. Maybe being Giddey is not the right term anymore. I felt like a 16 year old who just got laid by an Australian NBA player... yeah... thats just not right.

Needless to say, I was jazzed then and even more so now. Keyonte is a good competitor and has fantastic vision, but Hendricks will be a key starter on a quality playoff team for years.

Hendricks shooting is exciting because honestly his shot currently looks pretty bad, but he is an accurate shooter who is confident. When he cleans up all his form stuff he will be a great shooter.
He’s getting it off faster and his misses aren’t bad misses. The pump fake and dunk was also really promising. If he can do some of those basic things well it isn’t hard to score an efficient 18-20 while causing problems on defense.

I’m happy he is looking like the kid I saw last year when I watched him. His early play was troubling but made sense to me. He seems like a good kid and a hard worker but not some confident ego maniac type. He just needed a few confidence boosters to get started which is why I was super bummed he had no summer league.

Would anyone consider starting Hendricks Lauri Kessler immediately and having Collins come off bench
That’s the problem with Collins… his contract and trade value will affect how he’s used imo. Demoting him to third big would cause multiple issues potentially.

He’s getting it off faster and his misses aren’t bad misses. The pump fake and dunk was also really promising. If he can do some of those basic things well it isn’t hard to score an efficient 18-20 while causing problems on defense.

I’m happy he is looking like the kid I saw last year when I watched him. His early play was troubling but made sense to me. He seems like a good kid and a hard worker but not some confident ego maniac type. He just needed a few confidence boosters to get started which is why I was super bummed he had no summer league.
Im just a lot more confident in his floor now. I still dont know what the ceiling really is, but he's active, useful in transition, and can shoot quickly.

I was just kind of worried he would be one of those athletes who just doesnt do much out there.

Jimi has that "beautiful" Bill Laimbeer arc to his shot where you are like how does that work?

He needs more arc on his shot though. It's quite flat right now, and I'm surprised each time it goes in. Which it does a lot!

Would anyone consider starting Hendricks Lauri Kessler immediately and having Collins come off bench
Consider it? Hell, that's 100% what I want. By far my favorite 3 frontcourt players.
That's why I didn't like the Collins trade when it happened. Cause I figured it would lesson the minutes those 3 would play together.

Nah. I would start Olynyk before Hendricks and try and get KO's value up.

Think KO is our best trade piece. Him continuing to have a great year could prove valuable. He's our best passer and probably should be starting every game to make thing easier on the guards.

Nah. I would start Olynyk before Hendricks and try and get KO's value up.

Think KO is our best trade piece. Him continuing to have a great year could prove valuable. He's our best passer and probably should be starting every game to make thing easier on the guards.
Ya you right