What's new

Taylor Hendricks Hype Thread

Have said that myself a number of times on this board. In this market you simply cant dump HOF type players who really want to be here and really want to win.
Well I’m sure the jazz are the only ones that considered him seriously for the first round. It’s a pet peeve of mine when people say they can do a better job than the org at building the team but at this point I’m tempted to make the claim myself. I haven’t been happy with a lot of the decision-making of late.

Well I’m sure the jazz are the only ones that considered him seriously for the first round. It’s a pet peeve of mine when people say they can do a better job than the org at building the team but at this point I’m tempted to make the claim myself. I haven’t been happy with a lot of the decision-making of late.
Dok was 2 on an analytics model, not their board
Meant to quote this. From Cy with what’s above.

Meant to quote this.

I could be wrong (and please provide the receipts if I am), but I don't think there was any of us who were saying right after the DM trade, "damn, a Lauri/Gobert duo would have been so great if we had just kept Gobert."
Not me. I was ecstatic just to move on from both. A part of me wishes Markkanen had just continued to be another role player. Maybe we’d have Victor or something.

Yeah let's sell half of your team to collect as many draft picks as possible just so you can totally whiff on the draft.
There was a time when I thought the jazz were half decent at drafting. But then we made a trade down so we could pick a fringe 2nd round prospect in Dok passing on two really good players. Don’t get me started on the butler pick. Sure most everyone loved the pick but what do we know. No other team seemed to want him. Last year is completely unforgivable. We passed on Whitmore, completely leaving him off their board a bonafide top four pick in a strong draft and passing on him twice. We drafted Hendricks 9th. I said he was worth drafting between 15’ish to 25 due to his skill set which is spotting up from three and shot blocking. He doesn’t present a threat really anywhere else can’t dribble or rebound and too weak to defend the post. I know the rest of you idiots got this wrong but I mean you guys are idiots. You’re supposed to get that wrong. But once again the jazz outsmarted themselves. Just once I wish they’d make the right choice, once in a while. If I can see through Hendricks why can’t the jazz?

There was a time when I thought the jazz were half decent at drafting. But then we made a trade down so we could pick a fringe 2nd round prospect in Dok passing on two really good players. Don’t get me started on the butler pick. Sure most everyone loved the pick but what do we know. No other team seemed to want him. Last year is completely unforgivable. We passed on Whitmore, completely leaving him off their board a bonafide top four pick in a strong draft and passing on him twice. We drafted Hendricks 9th. I said he was worth drafting between 15’ish to 25 due to his skill set which is spotting up from three and shot blocking. He doesn’t present a threat really anywhere else can’t dribble or rebound and too weak to defend the post. I know the rest of you idiots got this wrong but I mean you guys are idiots. You’re supposed to get that wrong. But once again the jazz outsmarted themselves. Just once I wish they’d make the right choice, once in a while. If I can see through Hendricks why can’t the jazz?
Just seeing his first meaningful minutes and everyone knows he is a raw prospect. Expecting him to be at peak contribution right now is too soon imo. Needs a season or even 2 to grow. Jazz decision to let him work things out here instead of g league

Getting keyonte at 16 was brilliant drafting while getting a raw prospect that would have gone within the next pick or 2 had we passed on TH

The midrange pull-up gave me a glimmer of hope I could be wrong.

It didn't look great, but it definitely looked better than I expected.
He had two middy's yesterday and both were pretty clean... His motion 3 pointer is still in beta version and needs to be mothballed. He should do everything out of the corner for now. If he can hit the corner three and do a few things against close outs there is an easy path to 15 efficient points per night.

He sucked last night but it was less sucky than the game before. Progress.

He had two middy's yesterday and both were pretty clean... His motion 3 pointer is still in beta version and needs to be mothballed. He should do everything out of the corner for now. If he can hit the corner three and do a few things against close outs there is an easy path to 15 efficient points per night.

He sucked last night but it was less sucky than the game before. Progress.
I

Just seeing his first meaningful minutes and everyone knows he is a raw prospect. Expecting him to be at peak contribution right now is too soon imo. Needs a season or even 2 to grow. Jazz decision to let him work things out here instead of g league
We have some really impatient posters that are very quick to declare victory on guys. Its hilarious when he has a good stretch or two how quick they are to turn back to the bus to look for a seat... but then the bus driver will shut the door and say "I never knew you" and the bus will depart without them.

I thought the Tay Henny last night was better than the Warrior Tay Henny. Still not good but better. What time does the bus leave the station today?
You are already on it. You were on the bus before it was a luxury NBA bus.

We're just not a good team right now. No passing, no continuity, no-one setting them up. Rookies can't get easy looks off of the other guys. They are thrown into the fire dipped in gasoline. Hopefully it accelerates their development rather than stifling it. It's just really ugly days for Jazz fans right now.

We're just not a good team right now. No passing, no continuity, no-one setting them up. Rookies can't get easy looks off of the other guys. They are thrown into the fire dipped in gasoline. Hopefully it accelerates their development rather than stifling it. It's just really ugly days for Jazz fans right now.
Tay got good looks just really short armed his first three. Still some nerves there with the bright lights.

The defense was pretty bad and Lauri was off last night. The fit of this roster is wonky but there are some great pieces. The fun of the rest of this season will be seeing what Key and Taylor are able to do with the vets.

This offseason could go a lot of ways. I’m intrigued to see what we can get done.

Sure but we could’ve drafted Whitmore who isn’t so raw and looks like a 20 pt per game scorer in a year or so, maybe even future Allstar. And sure, Hendricks will get better but he looks like a 3@D player. I don’t see elite scorer or allstar.

Sure but we could’ve drafted Whitmore who isn’t so raw and looks like a 20 pt per game scorer in a year or so, maybe even future Allstar. And sure, Hendricks will get better but he looks like a 3@D player. I don’t see elite scorer or allstar.
So? If we would have drafted Whitmore and he looked great then we would have just traded him for future picks anyway

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk