What's new

Teodosic supposedly on his way

The most impressive thing about Teodosić in the highlight videos is the ability to hesitate(and even jump in the air), freeze the defense, then make the pass.

I just read the Bulls were the front runners a few days ago. Maybe that changed with Butler being dealt though.

I am super excited about this part from the CBS Sports article:

"Offensively, he's the best passer in the world, from a purely offensive standpoint," ESPN's Fran Fraschilla said last month. "Chris Paul is a Hall of Famer, but as far as a pure passer, Teodosic might be the most creative passer in the world today. Now, he will not guard a chair, but he's a brilliant offensive player and an ultra-competitor."

"Offensively, he's the best passer in the world, from a purely offensive standpoint," ESPN's Fran Fraschilla said last month. "Chris Paul is a Hall of Famer, but as far as a pure passer, Teodosic might be the most creative passer in the world today. Now, he will not guard a chair, but he's a brilliant offensive player and an ultra-competitor."

Good thing a chair has never scored a point in a NBA game. His defensive IQ shows promise if he knows not to guard chairs.

That's why I like this idea. Teodosic would be a great fit in a team like the Jazz.

Because;

1) Jazz plays the game slower than some other contending teams.
2) No hero ball. The ball moves.
3) Teodosic is a PG. His lack of D can be covered by the rest of the team led by Rudy.
4) His playmaking skills and court vision is the exact thing the Jazz need to explode the potential.
5) Hill would be great but too expensive for what he will bring. Teodosic would be a steal for what he will bring.

Can he sign a deal before July 1st? Jazz have cap room and a roster spot with Lyles gone if that's the way it works. Could a signing bonus put part of his contract into the 2016/17 season?
No. Iirc he would have had to play in at least one game.

I wonder if one reason we traded up for Mitchell was because we knew Teodosic was coming to us. If he is lackluster at D, its nice to have a backcourt mate who is an excellent defender.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app