What's new

Teodosic supposedly on his way

Screw defense, this guy's highlights make Stockton's no-look passes seem pedestrian. If we can get him for "a three-year contract in the $25 million to $30 million range," then we damn well better snatch him up. I wouldn't even bother talking to Hill's agent.

How many times in a game have we watched open Jazz players waiting for a pass that never comes? Since DW left, how many draft picks have the Jazz spent in search for a reliable point guard?

I will believe it when I see it. The guy is probably just using the NBA as leverage to get more cash where he currently plays.

I love how people are talking about how his poor defense would somehow mean he won't be able to contribute or even make it onto the court. Two of the 3 people in running for the MVP can't or don't want to play defense worth ****.

The order of my priorities for the Jazz off-season are as follows
1) do whatever it takes to sign Gordon Hayward
2) sign Gordon Hayward

So wherever this fits into that. For my part, I sign Teodosic and still try to sign Hill. In that order.

I don't know if it's been said before but after watching several vids posted in this thread, I can't make a comparison to this guy in today's NBA. I gotta go old-school, looks like the second coming of Pistol Pete Maravich to me.

PS I know.....I'm old.:eek:

Is that the guy Jerry let beat him in tennis ?

index.jpg

I think it's pretty dangerous to bring this guy over with the idea if him starting. My guess is, the plan would be to sign Hill, sign Teodisic as his back up, and then make Donovan Mitchell and Dante Exum fight for minutes at the back-up 2 and #3 PG spots.
Pleiss...

I don't know if it's been said before but after watching several vids posted in this thread, I can't make a comparison to this guy in today's NBA. I gotta go old-school, looks like the second coming of Pistol Pete Maravich to me.

PS I know.....I'm old.:eek:

Very well said. He is not as magician as Pistol in dribbling but he is an amazing passer and has a court vision like he is the guardian in a Panopticon prison.

The problem is Teodosic said multiple times he doesn't want to be a bench player in the NBA, so it's clearly a B plan if George Hill doesn't stay.

Then again, can the Jazz make him a starter in a playoff team ? Won't his lack of defense be a major issue ? What is sure is if he comes, the plan is to make him a starter and Hill is gone.

Rumor is Teodosic would ask for 8 to 10 million / year, 3 years.

The problem is Teodosic said multiple times he doesn't want to be a bench player in the NBA, so it's clearly a B plan if George Hill doesn't stay.

Then again, can the Jazz make him a starter in a playoff team ? Won't his lack of defense be a major issue ? What is sure is if he comes, the plan is to make him a starter and Hill is gone.

Rumor is Teodosic would ask for 8 to 10 million / year, 3 years.

Has he said that? This is weird because played as a bench PG for CSKA this year.

Not to be nitpicky but it seems like he doesn't say he doesn't want to come off the bench. He says he doesn't want to come and sit on the bench(as in not get any playing time). I don't know if he would mind getting like... 20-25 minutes a game but not be starting.