What's new

Teodosic supposedly on his way

What the hell is going on here!!? We destroy guys like this for not playing defense, and to here experts talk about his lack of defense, it sounds like he'd instantly be worse then Kanter, and if u idiots think he's going to be a star, you've got another thing coming. To me it sounds like if we sign him There's a good chance Hill doesn't want back pushing Hayward out the door. The dude that said this guy makes Stockton look pedestrian can kiss my ***!!!

If he is looking for a guarantee of playing time before ever playing one minute in the NBA he is in the wrong business and headed to the wrong league.

What the hell is going on here!!? We destroy guys like this for not playing defense, and to here experts talk about his lack of defense, it sounds like he'd instantly be worse then Kanter, and if u idiots think he's going to be a star, you've got another thing coming. To me it sounds like if we sign him There's a good chance Hill doesn't want back pushing Hayward out the door. The dude that said this guy makes Stockton look pedestrian can kiss my ***!!!

The CBS article talks about Teodosic coming in as a backup to Hill. I can't imagine the Jazz have that much confidence to just hand this guy keys to the team. How dumb do you think Lindsey is?!

Do your homework before you diarrhea from the mouth.

The Jazz deficiency right now doesn't lie in our defense however. In the series against the Clippers and Warriors, what we really needed was an infusion of some offense. We needed a great play maker who could either get their own shot, or create for someone else. I think it is largely a mindset thing, and there are a lot of great NBA players who are so focused on scoring, that they are bad at defense.

Horrible defenders include: Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard, Isaiah Thomas, Carmelo Anthony, Andrew Wiggins.

Milos Teodosic is in good company, as long as he brings it on the other end. He's about as good a shooter as any of the above, and he is far and away the best passer among this group - and unlike Lillard, Westbrook or Harden, we aren't expecting Milos to carry the team on his back, the Jazz are already a good playoff team, but we could use a little more offense. Also the cohesion and connectivity should increase in our offensive sets because passing is contagious.

You have issues with dangerous soul

The Jazz deficiency right now doesn't lie in our defense however. In the series against the Clippers and Warriors, what we really needed was an infusion of some offense. We needed a great play maker who could either get their own shot, or create for someone else. I think it is largely a mindset thing, and there are a lot of great NBA players who are so focused on scoring, that they are bad at defense.

Horrible defenders include: Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard, Isaiah Thomas, Carmelo Anthony, Andrew Wiggins.

Milos Teodosic is in good company, as long as he brings it on the other end. He's about as good a shooter as any of the above, and he is far and away the best passer among this group - and unlike Lillard, Westbrook or Harden, we aren't expecting Milos to carry the team on his back, the Jazz are already a good playoff team, but we could use a little more offense. Also the cohesion and connectivity should increase in our offensive sets because passing is contagious.
I disagree about westbrook and wiggins.

Pic of Teodosic on the SLC Dunk twitter. One woman is holding a bouquet and in what looks like a wedding dress. Then there is another woman that has a much more sultry look to her IMO. And her and Teodosic are holding onto each other. She has her hand on the small of his back and it looks like he is holding her butt.

First thing I thought was "wow, look at this dude. Married a woman that is ok with his mistress being in his wedding photos! He's not timid. That'll play great in Utah lol"

haha

If they bring this guy in as a backup, what does that mean for Exum? Dennis seems to think he's gonna take a leap this year or is at least putting in the work to do so. If they're pretty sure Hill won't be back, I can see doing this. But if they're still trying to get George to sign, that makes 4 PG plus the guys they just drafted. Which ones are they planning to play at the 2?

Last edited:
If they bring this guy in as a backup, what does that mean for Exum (and Neto)? Dennis seems to think he's gonna take a leap this year or is at least putting in the work to do so. If they're pretty sure Hill won't be back, I can see doing this. But if they're still trying to get George to sign, that makes 4 PG. Which one are they planning to play at the 2?

If they do this and re-sign Hill I think that means Neto is on his way out.

As far as Exum goes, so what? If we bring in guys and he cannot beat them for playing time than we are doubly lucky we brought in better guys.

That goes for anyone on the roster. The higher the number of great players you have the better.

I don't get it. The guy blows on d and will cost 8M a year. Signing him could not only turn Hill off from re-signing here but in turn cost us Hayward since he and Hill seem to be so tightly tied at the hip. And we're considering signing this 30 year old, ****ty defender just days after Lindsey basically raved about 21 year old Exum and the progress he's made. So Exum would be either the 3rd point guard or 2nd or 3rd shooting guard.

I don't get it. Well, I do, but it simply doesn't make sense to me in the construct of the team-building we've done to this point and how that should continue moving forward, with all assets, player contracts, and the rumored future salary cap considered.

If he is a good player and wants to sign with us, then sign him. We should want to take any good player who wants to sign in Utah unless he wants an unreasonable contract.

As for fit, we can figure that out. If Hill stays, I think they can play together. He won't start, but he would get minutes. If Hill does not stay, I'm fairly confident in the combination of Exum, him, Neto, NWG and event Mitchell. Plus, Ingles (should he be here) and Hayward (should he be here) can both initiate the offense.

Last year, Mack averaged 22mpg, Hill averaged 32mpg and Exum averaged 18.5mpg. If we Teo does come, I could see him averaging 22-24mpg, Hill being capped at 28-30mpg, and Exum getting 20-22mpg. Of course that wouldn't be the case every game, but we could give Hill occasional nights off to keep him fresh. Overall, I think, at most, we keep 2 of these 4 if we were to sign him:

Diaw (17.5mpg)
Ingles (24mpg)
Hill (32mpg)
Hayward (34.5mpg)

I don't get it. The guy blows on d and will cost 8M a year. Signing him could not only turn Hill off from re-signing here but in turn cost us Hayward since he and Hill seem to be so tightly tied at the hip. And we're considering signing this 30 year old, ****ty defender just days after Lindsey basically raved about 21 year old Exum and the progress he's made. So Exum would be either the 3rd point guard or 2nd or 3rd shooting guard.

That's what makes me wonder if they're fairly certain Hill won't be back. Maybe they view Teodosic as more of a 3rd string project, but if so, why pay him $8M?

The CBS article talks about Teodosic coming in as a backup to Hill. I can't imagine the Jazz have that much confidence to just hand this guy keys to the team. How dumb do you think Lindsey is?!

Do your homework before you diarrhea from the mouth.
Get your ****ing diarrhea off my shoe!! I never made any statement about what DL would do with him, only said he'd be the worst defender in the league, and unless he's a star, that doesn't work for me

Somehow he's already being tagged as an elite offensive player before he's played one minute in the league, most foreign stars that come over fail flat on their faces.
If they bring this guy in as a backup, what does that mean for Exum? Dennis seems to think he's gonna take a leap this year or is at least putting in the work to do so. If they're pretty sure Hill won't be back, I can see doing this. But if they're still trying to get George to sign, that makes 4 PG. Which one are they planning to play at the 2?
Exactly!! Great post. We need Exum playing pg. that is where we can put his skills to the best use and his full potential lies at the pg spot. Signing this dude means most of Exum's mins are at sg. He will never reach his full potential playing sg.

I don't get it. Well, I do, but it simply doesn't make sense to me in the construct of the team-building we've done to this point and how that should continue moving forward, with all assets, player contracts, and the rumored future salary cap considered.
Another great point.
If he is a good player and wants to sign with us, then sign him. We should want to take any good player who wants to sign in Utah unless he wants an unreasonable contract.

As for fit, we can figure that out. If Hill stays, I think they can play together. He won't start, but he would get minutes. If Hill does not stay, I'm fairly confident in the combination of Exum, him, Neto, NWG and event Mitchell. Plus, Ingles (should he be here) and Hayward (should he be here) can both initiate the offense.

Last year, Mack averaged 22mpg, Hill averaged 32mpg and Exum averaged 18.5mpg. If we Teo does come, I could see him averaging 22-24mpg, Hill being capped at 28-30mpg, and Exum getting 20-22mpg. Of course that wouldn't be the case every game, but we could give Hill occasional nights off to keep him fresh. Overall, I think, at most, we keep 2 of these 4 if we were to sign him:

Diaw (17.5mpg)
Ingles (24mpg)
Hill (32mpg)
Hayward (34.5mpg)

The problem is we already know his worth on defense and it's a complete mystery how he will adapt to the NBA game on offense. Point is we know he sucks on defense, and have no idea what he will do on the other end. In top of that we need to pay him 8 million a year and potentially lose Hill and Hayward and waste Exum?? Genius!!!!

That's what makes me wonder if they're fairly certain Hill won't be back. Maybe they view Teodosic as more of a 3rd string project, but if so, why pay him $8M?

If your paying him 8 million, this means he will be second string over Exum if the jazz have every intention of resigning Hill

Maybe we traded up in the draft to get a good young player and didn't put together a package to bring in win now help because DL knows Hayward is leaving.

Im still leaning toward the thinking that signing hill to 20+ per will ruin us. Thats a big chunk of our total salary for a guy who played half a season last year, and has average around 35% dnp over the last 3 seasons. Teo @ 8 per with great offense and subpar defense but playing 75 games would be an upgrade over a great player (hill) who plays 50 games.

We aren't signing this guy if we get Hill/Rubio/(Insert Established 30+ MPG Starting PG)

Teodosic is probably the option if we strike out on all the trades and can't get Hill back.

*The only exception would be if we trade Exum to obtain that PG, then we might*

Im still leaning toward the thinking that signing hill to 20+ per will ruin us. Thats a big chunk of our total salary for a guy who played half a season last year, and has average around 35% dnp over the last 3 seasons. Teo @ 8 per with great offense and subpar defense but playing 75 games would be an upgrade over a great player (hill) who plays 50 games.

Has Teodosic ever played a 75 game NBA season? I dont think so. European leagues play what, twice a week?