What's new

The Offseason Cha-cha-changes Thread

Unreal that this Jazz team shot as poorly in the playoffs as the 2019 team That 2019 team had a lot of poor shooters, but this iteration is loaded with good shooters.

View: https://twitter.com/rgiss11/status/1519911709078556672

It’s not shocking. For as bad as our shooting and offense was with Rubio, Crowder and Favors, we were still shooting way below our numbers. We’d go on lulls that were like 20-2 runs. It was just completely mental. We got Conley and Bojan and kept talking about “imagine Mike Conley and Bojan Bogdonavic shooting all of Rubio and Crowder’s shots.” Mike started ice, ice cold in a very historically bad fashion. Despite better shooting, we had all the same offensive flaws as we did previously. Everyone kept saying not to worry about the offense and that it was just defense, but the problem wasn’t really just defense alone — that was only a part of the equation. The bigger issue is psychological, and we’ve watched Quin drive this same thing down the stretch of games and in the playoffs for quite some time now where we somehow defy statistical odds in the most bizarre fashion. He can’t adjust to this because he fundamentally doesn’t see this game psychologically — he sees it as numbers and probabilities but fails to take into account changing psychological dynamics that make up those numbers, and when they’ll be relevant and when they won’t. He can’t captain this because he hasn’t given his team any kind of psychological lift and it’s to the point where they don’t expect it and have no faith. But there’s no meteoric for “mentally defeated” that Quin understands and he ends up being the ultimate NPC. He’s literally the coach in the video game that sits there on the sideline as a programming function. He’s allowed too many of these situations to happen that it’s impossible to un-ingrain these beliefs out of players’ heads, so they’ll play out the same things with anxiety, and he’ll watch along thinking we’re just seeing more outliers.

Tell you what else l reckon. They should get rid of Whiteside and make a play for Jock Landale. Im pretty sure he's going to develop into a nice player if he gets decent court time under his belt. Not super athletic but he can shoot and has 3 point range along with a post game and goes hard at both ends of the court. He'd make a great backup centre and has a higher ceiling than that!

Fire Quin and trade conley.
Is there any way we could trade conley without sweetening the deal with any assets?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz needs are too long of a list and too unrealistic to acquire with our current assets. I originally was hoping to retool around Gobert, but I'm on the blow it up train now. I don't get excited about rebuilds, and so I would take a step back as an active fan, but it's the right move long term.

Wait did he just say that the spurs didnt have top 5 nba talent when they won their titles? Duncan is definitely top 5 talent

I would probably agree but he had aged and taken a step back at this point… but he was at least top ten in part because he accepted a smaller role to magnify the team and what others did better than he did. I think there is still a valid point that the Miami team had more talent in their prime.

This season was anything but entertaining and enjoyable. Isn’t that what this is supposed to be about? Most games felt like a chore to watch. A real slog once they made it a tradition to go up by 20+ and find ways to lose in the 4th.

The stat that steve posted about the jazz losing 15 out 16 playoff games over the last 3 years when they had a double digit lead is one of the craziest most unbelievable stats i have ver seen in any sport. It seems impossible

Straight from the Best Buy rumor mill.... @infection will love this...

Wandered into a conference call with some local development dudes out in Utah... mentioned Jazz... one guy volunteered that his wife is friends with some in Quin's wife's circle of friends (classic friend of a friend deal) She said Quin's wife has been giving away all their Jazz stuff lately...

So there you have it... he gone!