What's new

The Rotation

Its fine bruh... I'll be on the Juwan Morgan PJ.
The Juwan Morgan PJ is a side cart to the Davis Direct. It’s like Disneyland and Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge — you don’t get access to the latter without the former. Likewise, you don’t get the privilege of JM’s minutes without Davis’ 10 holding down the fort.

He has some use... it isn't the shooting or the defense that bother me most... its the turnovers... way too many turnovers and some are just dribbling issues. He does some things well (rebounding for example) and he has made progress, but his spot in the rotation is basically gone once Conley returns and we will be better for it... nice to know he is functional most nights if we have an injury.

Why will be gone once Conley comes back? Won’t Mudiay still play and Jingles and Mitchell’s mins go down from playing 35+ to a much more normal number?

Conley is a good player but hardly borderline HOF. He's never even made it to the All-Star team in the much weaker Eastern Conference. Mudiay is far from borderline playable. Tell Quin that since he's playing him about 20 minutes a game since Conley went down.

We can agree to disagree then. The fact that you even think Conley is essentially less playable than Mudiay who is borderline playable is laughable.

Am I the only one who kind of likes Mudiay’s slower but more physical game? I wouldn’t mind if Snyder added a wrinkle in our offense for Mudiay to post up smaller guards. The dude is a tank.
I'm a fan

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Why will be gone once Conley comes back? Won’t Mudiay still play and Jingles and Mitchell’s mins go down from playing 35+ to a much more normal number?

Last night he played 19 minutes... DM played 32 and Ingles 30... I think DM plays 34ish minutes no matter what, Ingles stays around 30, and Conley plays 25-30 when healthy... those guard minutes are gone... Royce becomes the backup SF/PF, Morgan or Niang likely plays some... I don't know that we'd run Mudiay as a 3 with DM and Clarkson... His minutes likely get squeezed.

The Juwan Morgan PJ is a side cart to the Davis Direct. It’s like Disneyland and Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge — you don’t get access to the latter without the former. Likewise, you don’t get the privilege of JM’s minutes without Davis’ 10 holding down the fort.
Nope... I ride in on the Bradley golf cart and board the flight on the Morgan PJ... Ed can run security I guess.

1. You can get Bjelica (financially) with Mudiay, NWG, and Bradley.

2. I’d be totally down for Wood.
I'm not sure Mudiay's salary is considered valid matching salary given that he is on a minimum contract:
When a team acquires multiple players in the same trade, it essentially ignores the incoming salary for all minimum-salary players, since they fall under the Minimum Player Salary exception. Suppose a taxpaying team is over the cap and trades a $5 million player, receiving in return a $6 million player and two players earning $1.5 million each on minimum-salary contracts. The team trading the $5 million player can accept only $6.35 million in return (125% plus $100,000 of $5 million), and the three incoming players combine for $9 million in salary. However, the two $1.5 million players are covered by the Minimum Player Salary exception, so only the $6 million player is traded with the Traded Player exception. Since $6 million is within the team's $6.35 million limit using the Traded Player exception, the trade is allowed.

However, I *THINK* outgoing salaries are, thus making your idea work:
Teams trading away minimum-salary players do count their salaries (the portion not paid by the league -- see question number 15) as outgoing salary when comparing salaries for trade.

Anyone with better knowledge wanna chime in here?

I think the idea that we have the backup 4 and 5 minutes be an audition for "the kids" (@The Thriller , 2019) is a good one, then scour the market for more proven talent.

I am not sure even one of Bjelica or Baynes is realistic, let alone both. In either case, I would be over the moon. The Jazz could really use a 4/5 that is comfortable shooting, defense be damned (in the case of Bjelica, anyway, who I also think gets an unfair reputation here, especially since his DBPM is +1.0). It would be nice to have those backup minutes secure and a legit big we could play next to Rudy in certain situations. This is easily the biggest hole on the roster.

That Kings 3-for-1 won’t work. They have 15 players under contract.
Obviously the other consideration. I don't think Davis is appealing in this scenario, but the Kings would save ~$2.5 million over the next two years and get a couple 2nds? And maybe Davis plays better for them.

I think the idea that we have the backup 4 and 5 minutes be an audition for "the kids" (@The Thriller , 2019) is a good one, then scour the market for more proven talent.

I am not sure even one of Bjelica or Baynes is realistic, let alone both. In either case, I would be over the moon. The Jazz could really use a 4/5 that is comfortable shooting, defense be damned (in the case of Bjelica, anyway, who I also think gets an unfair reputation here, especially since his DBPM is +1.0). It would be nice to have those backup minutes secure and a legit big we could play next to Rudy in certain situations.

Too bad Jamychael Green wasn’t available this past summer.

Too bad Jamychael Green wasn’t available this past summer.
Well, I mean, he technically was. He had a handshake deal with the Clippers in what was likely a circumvention of the CBA. If someone came at him with real money, I would think he could've been had. He'd have been a near-perfect fit (short but good length, good rebounder, strong enough to muscle in the paint and mobile enough to not get toasted on the perimeter, good rebounder, good shooter). This of course would've required not doing the Conley trade.

I really think Wood is the perfect fit. Not sure on his maturity issues or how much Detroit values him but I’d throw a couple seconds their way and their pick of Niang, Mudiay, or NWG.

Can play 4/5 athletic, long, can shoot, finishes at the rim. His team is much better with him on the court offensively and defensively. If we don’t trade for him I’d go at him in free agency.

I'm not sure Mudiay's salary is considered valid matching salary given that he is on a minimum contract:

However, I *THINK* outgoing salaries are, thus making your idea work:

Anyone with better knowledge wanna chime in here?
I’m just going by the ESPN trade checker which is usually way ahead of the game on placing appropriate restrictions on deals.

Obviously the other consideration. I don't think Davis is appealing in this scenario, but the Kings would save ~$2.5 million over the next two years and get a couple 2nds? And maybe Davis plays better for them.
Bjelica isn’t guaranteed next year.