What's new

Tobias Harris wants to come to utah

I'm an idiot when it comes to contracts but what is the luxury tax? Would it kill us to spend a big amount of money for a season or two?
If we dropped Favors, Exum, Neto and Bradley to sign Tobias to a near max, here are finances going forward:

2019-20 - not in the luxury

2020-21 - we need to extend O'Neale and we could use the $9+ MLE, but still likely not a luxury team

2021-22 - Gobert and Conley due for new deals. Mitchell likely too.

So really, we aren't a luxury team for the next two years due to Mitchell being on a late lottery contract, O'Neale having a super cheap deal and Joe making a reasonable amount.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If Tobi is in Favs, Ingles, Dante are out.

We went from maybe we can sign him to he will take a paycut to come here... let’s just calm down.

It’s a report from Tony Jones that we were are front runner... nothing guaranteed... if the Jazz had something concrete I’m fairly sure we would have waited to sign him... we could have acquired Conley later but would require them to take Dante.

If Tobi is in Favs, Ingles, Dante are out.

We went from maybe we can sign him to he will take a paycut to come here... let’s just calm down.

It’s a report from Tony Jones that we were are front runner... nothing guaranteed... if the Jazz had something concrete I’m fairly sure we would have waited to sign him... we could have acquired Conley later but would require them to take Dante.
Maybe we needed to show Harris we are ambitious and better. With Conley, Mitchell and Gobert, we are as good but less selfish than Simmons, Butler and Embiid.

There is another possibility in this is if that we cannot ship Exum to anyone on account of being ded, do we ship Ingles? Dude has more value on the market obviously. Can Royce replace him at the 3?

Please don't throw explosives, I'm just thinking out loud.

Yes I think so, Joe is aging and I think his game is slowly falling off

I see at the bottom of the page that there are some posts available to see if i click on show ignored content. So i click it hoping to see some posts by randy for rubio or naos or even hack. All i got was posts by that Jazz dude. Gawd he sucks.

You have me on ignore?

You've been liking and responding to my posts?!

<3 you fish

Yes I think so, Joe is aging and I think his game is slowly falling off

Ingles the sort of player that ages well because he can shoot and well from beyond the arc, plays smart D, and can pass. That said, if we needed to ship Ingles to make a Harris signing happen, I almost think we need to do that.

If we traded for Tobias, would we be the best team in the history of the NBA with zero All Star appearances?

No, because we’d sign Chandler and Carter for the minimum. Outside possibility that John, Karl, and Deron sign on, too.

No, because we’d sign Chandler and Carter for the minimum. Outside possibility that John, Karl, and Deron sign on, too.
Vince would be awesome here. What a sendoff that would be. A year after the Raptor franchise he built wins a title, he wins a title playing with the rookie who won the dunk contest paying homage to him. Everything comes full circle.

Anyway, I think our imaginations have let us see what we want to. We’ll see, I guess. If we set up a meeting then let’s get excited.

But, if we remember the last year of the Hayward team how we just needed another shooter. Well, Harris fills that Hayward role nicely, we have Hill on steroids (Conley), and add the DM franchise guy on top of that.

Lord hammercy.
We may just have... a superteam... in Utah!?!?
Are you high?
An old Conley and Harris a non superstar but solid starter, also can't create his own shot. Nuggets and Blazers team on paper are better last year, they proved it and this next upcoming season as well.
I'm not 100$ saying Jazz don't even make WCF next year, any takers? Sorry to sin y'all to Hell by gambling but not a one of you will put your money where your mouth is.

Are you high?
An old Conley and Harris a non superstar but solid starter, also can't create his own shot. Nuggets and Blazers team on paper are better last year, they proved it and this next upcoming season as well.
I'm not 100$ saying Jazz don't even make WCF next year, any takers? Sorry to sin y'all to Hell by gambling but not a one of you will put your money where your mouth is.

What you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no likes, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Seriously though...

Waive Favors and Neto. Trade Exum and Bradley.

Sign Harris to as much as we can (around $30). When we sign him, we promise to sign his brother and his best buddy Boban Marjanovic to minimum 2 year deals.

We are left with the $4.7 million room exception. Maybe, just maybe, we could convince Tobias' other good buddy Avery Bradley to join. Damn we would be stacked.

What you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no likes, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Knibb High Football Rules!!!!!

There’s probably some sort of contract structuring we could do that works for both parties, maybe?

Maybe the Conley deal made him more interested in Utah?

Conley
Mitchell
Ingles
Harris
Gobert

I mean, the most complimentary team of all time? I can see the chemistry oozing out of my phone screen.

Quin Snyder with that team...

**** ME

PG ) Mike Conley 30 mpg , Exum 18 mpg
SG) D Mitchell 32 mpg , Exum 10 mpg
SF) J Ingles 28 mpg , R O'Neale 20 mpg
PF ) J Randle 32 mpg ,G Niang 16mpg
C) R Gobert 32 mpg , ????? Bradley 16 mpg

Of course we have to let our beloved loyal soldier Favors go...…… but wow Jazz have the beginning of your young veteran core.

rather have Julius Randle

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841921-10-bold-predictions-for-2019-nba-free-agency#slide1
Can you at least drop your deuces in the right threads? ****in hell.