What's new

Trade deadline discussion

The playoffs are played smaller. GS will run lineups with Draymond as their center. Phoenix will run small ball. The Lakers will run LeBron some at center. Etc.

Rudy will do his thing for 34-36 mpg, but we need a good solid option for that other 12-14. Do we trust Dok, Whiteside and Paschall for that? I'm uneasy about those 3 guarding the lineups mentioned above.

Bagley might not be the best in that role, but it is a role we need to lock down.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

The stupidity of the small ball 5 continues. We don’t just need a small ball 5, we need Marvin ****ing Bagley to be said small ball 5. You think it can’t get worse, but it always does lol.
We talked a lot in the off-season about guys like Batum for a reason. Rudy can't play 48 minutes a game, and teams will go small whether we like it or not.

I understand we need wing defenders but the playoffs will require us to have a solid small ball 5 too. I didn't know if he was a good buy low candidate or just not ready to help at all.

If we can trade Clarkson for savings, we could use our exception on somebody like Holiday from Indiana.

Bagley is poo poo caca on defense… he’s like about the worst player I can imagine is trading for… bury this trade idea and never speak of it again.

Jazz could trade Clarkson for Bagley straight across
Seems like a low risk move
Maybe Bagley surprises everyone

We talked a lot in the off-season about guys like Batum for a reason. Rudy can't play 48 minutes a game, and teams will go small whether we like it or not.

Maybe there’s a reason why we talked about Batum instead of Bagley. I didn’t hear my name being tossed around as a backup PG either.

I like the concept of Jerami Grant, but does he want to be in Utah? He doesn’t strike me as a high probability to re-sign here. Seems like he wants to be the feature player and we don’t offer that to him. Denver was a really good situation for him and he chose to leave.

Hard to justify throwing two future firsts for him with that being the case.

I’m at the point where I would ship JC for peanuts. All of his value is wrapped up in his ability to “carry” the usage load when Don is out, but the truth is we can score with anyone. Forrest looks so much better when he tries to score. Paschall can score. Butler might even be a better offensive engine because he can pass.

It would be a bad optics trade and tough to convince the other player….but even if it’s just for an expiring salary so we aren’t in the tax next year it’s a good piece of business.

Now if we could move him for a Smart/Richardson type….we’d be in business.
Just move him for an expiring and some fake 2nds.

I’m so sick of these out of left field ideas LoPo keeps having. He keeps beating that dead horse and he just won’t stop, the humanity!!!!! It’s dead already.
Stop crying. Throwing out ideas is part of the process. I threw out an idea and people shot it down.

If my feelings aren't hurt, why the actual f should you care? Don't like the idea? Say so and we move along.

The world hates whiners. Don't be one.

For the record, I think there is a less than 1% chance we just dump Clarkson into space to save money. So if he's going to be traded, it's going to be for value right now. So we scour the news stories who might fit best. Bagley clearly isn't that guy

I like the concept of Jerami Grant, but does he want to be in Utah? He doesn’t strike me as a high probability to re-sign here. Seems like he wants to be the feature player and we don’t offer that to him. Denver was a really good situation for him and he chose to leave.

Hard to justify throwing two future firsts for him with that being the case.
He’d be here for the end of this season and next which is basically the window for this team.

But yeah, it’s not long, and if he won’t sign a reasonable extension then that’s a lot of risk for two firsts.

I don’t get why anyone thinks Bagley is some sort of answer. He can’t shoot the three, horrible at FT’s, suspect defensively, etc. He’s not some answer for small ball.