What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I like the concept of Jerami Grant, but does he want to be in Utah? He doesn’t strike me as a high probability to re-sign here. Seems like he wants to be the feature player and we don’t offer that to him. Denver was a really good situation for him and he chose to leave.

Hard to justify throwing two future firsts for him with that being the case.
I also love the idea of Grant, but I do worry about the role he wants. Supposedly, he wants to be one of the main focuses of the offense wherever he goes (if reports are true). I just don't see us adding another high usage offensive player to our system even if that player is as talented as Grant is in other areas of his game.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Also, we can keep Clarkson, just play the dude closer to 20 mpg than 30 mpg.

That would help a ton and we can minimize the ****** games and still get Forrest/Butler some minutes.
Yeah, if literally nobody wants him.

Otherwise, get that clown off the team. ****ing hilarious that Forrest is terrified to shoot so that those shots can go to the worst chucker that’s ever played for the Jazz.

Yeah, if literally nobody wants him.

Otherwise, get that clown off the team. ****ing hilarious that Forrest is terrified to shoot so that those shots can go to the worst chucker that’s ever played for the Jazz.
Oh yeah, Im 1000000% on the trade his *** for nothing train, but I also realize Donovan Mitchell has a vice grip on the organization and maybe that can't happen. Im just hopeful something changes with Butler/Forrest showing they can add fire to the team.

Josh Richardson is mentioned a bit. He's a player I like. Fits a need. Contributes immediately to help our defense.

If we trade Joe for him, we probably have to add an asset. And we would be a luxury team next year without another move.

If we trade Clarkson for him, we could avoid the luxury with minor maneuvering in the summer. Just don't know if Boston takes Clarkson for Richardson straight up.

Does Clarkson and Joe for Smart and Richardson work? Maybe someone throws in a second?
I mean define work? It’s highway robbery for us… so sure it works for us. Boston tells you to **** off.

I seriously doubt Boston trades Smart for anything less than expiring money and a first. If they like JC they might do JC and a first. They aren’t as dumb as Portland… if the trade market is meh… they wait.

Oh yeah, Im 1000000% on the trade his *** for nothing train, but I also realize Donovan Mitchell has a vice grip on the organization and maybe that can't happen. Im just hopeful something changes with Butler/Forrest showing they can add fire to the team.
Well hopefully the reports that he’s running the team gives the Jazz any incentive to stand up to him cuz it needs to happen.

Does Clarkson and Joe for Smart and Richardson work? Maybe someone throws in a second?
No, Clarkson and Ingles would not work. That's too much money coming into the Celtics.

I doubt Boston wants Clarkson at all. Brad Stevens might not be the best GM, but I don't think he's a moron. The Jazz don't have enough quality 2nd round picks to make that deal happen.

*Edit* Just saw Smart was in there. Yeah, that works, but I dont think I want Smart that badly.

I think the only way to trade Clarkson is to a team like Cleveland where Utah takes back Rubio and sends out Clarkson.

Is Ryan Smith going to want to have that extra $$$ this year against the LT though? Is Utah actually willing to get nothing for Clarkson and pay a higher LT bill? Would Cleveland actually want JC?

Financially, the trade works perfectly. Boston is right on the edge of the luxury, and this trade actually saves them half a million in salaries.

The question is - would Boston do it? If Ingles was healthy, I think they would. But he's not and it's not the type deal where we throw in a 1st Boston would expect.

Well hopefully the reports that he’s running the team gives the Jazz any incentive to stand up to him cuz it needs to happen.
I've only seen one media member mention that Don is supposedly keeping Clarkson out of trade ideas. I really have never heard it before or since.

As we learned yesterday, let's not overreact to somebody speculating without proof.

I did see something where Donovan got pissed about Conley being shopped. He actually tweeted on it. That's why I stopped Conley ideas.

I think the only way to trade Clarkson is to a team like Cleveland where Utah takes back Rubio and sends out Clarkson.

Is Ryan Smith going to want to have that extra $$$ this year against the LT though? Is Utah actually willing to get nothing for Clarkson and pay a higher LT bill? Would Cleveland actually want JC?
NO is said to want CJ, Gordon… I can see them settling on JC. They have a trade exception they could use or satoransky… maybe we add a pick and get Hart. I would think they’d really want to keep Hart but his name is out there a lot… and he can be a free agent after next year… so they may know he’s out. Shocked they didn’t do a deal for Norman Powell… they could have done something there pretty easily I’d think.

I think we can find a home for JC. I’m not sure how hard we are trying… Larsen seems to think he’s out there… Jones kinda no commented it when asked… so I think it’s possible. If not his percentages are picking up as the season moves… as noted we have options… we can run with him into the offseason and do something then. I’d just like to see him moved to get the defensive upgrade we need.

I've only seen one media member mention that Don is supposedly keeping Clarkson out of trade ideas. I really have never heard it before or since.

As we learned yesterday, let's not overreact to somebody speculating without proof.

I did see something where Donovan got pissed about Conley being shopped. He actually tweeted on it. That's why I stopped Conley ideas.

I heard somewhere it was more like Donovan would be part of those conversations… I wouldn’t want to if I was Donovan… and the Jazz really shouldn’t be consulting him.

Players are the worst GMs and it puts them in a bad spot. What if we traded Royce and he knows Donovan was asked for approval? I’d get general input and then make my own decisions. I’m worried if the whispers are true that Don has a bit too much power. It generally doesn’t work out well.

Don went from being my dream pick the year he was drafting (and not thinking it was possible), to turning into my least liked Jazz player last year.

Someone said it earlier but his schitck is super corny and dudes just a fake.

I would love to move him now while his value is at peak.

I heard somewhere it was more like Donovan would be part of those conversations… I wouldn’t want to if I was Donovan… and the Jazz really shouldn’t be consulting him.

Players are the worst GMs and it puts them in a bad spot. What if we traded Royce and he knows Donovan was asked for approval? I’d get general input and then make my own decisions. I’m worried if the whispers are true that Don has a bit too much power. It generally doesn’t work out well.
I think it's wise for a front office to talk to their main players prior to a deal. It just makes sense to. Don't give them veto power, but feel them out. You have to know internally if the team is going to struggle if a certain player is dealt. It's also good to know if a player might be unwelcome if traded for.

Players shouldnt have power but they should be allowed to have a say. I think this is important in almost all lines of work.

I would be perfectly fine if Don, Rudy and even Mike are asked about a player before we deal for him.

You're starting to sound like another DM hater.
I am. I dont like his playstyle personally. (Though he was fantastic last night, but that's not the way he always chooses to play)

Doesnt mean I dont think he is great. I never liked Kobe's style either and he's a GOAT.