What's new

Trade deadline discussion

I saw a Mitchell for Herro, Lowry and a bunch of 1sts.
That one was ridiculous. Even the articles talking about it said repeatedly it was essentially just an exercise in a wet dream for Miami and made zero sense for the Jazz, that it was fully fleecing the Jazz, but boy did it make Miami look great, amirite? Ridiculous article on that one and terrible trade. It completely looked like a fan trade you would find on a forum like ours.

I agree he's every bit as good as those guys at the moment, at least offensively...he's also about to turn 33 while Grant is just 27 and Barnes is 29.
Yes but the next year and a half he will be as good as those guys... so why would we give a first with Bogey to upgrade. I'd rather add a first to JC or Joe and see where that gets us.

If we traded Donovan, I think it's to NY or at least I hope it is. Would be great to see Donovan revive his hometown team. Would be hard for Jazz fans to hold a grudge I think.

NY has Dallas' 2023 1st and a bunch of extra 2nd rounders the next few years. Adding Fournier makes Rudy happy. Burks can come back too I guess to make the contracts work. We could take Toppin, RJ Barrett or other minor deals too.

So maybe....

Fournier, Burks, Toppin, 2 2023 1sts, 2025 1st, 2027 1st and a bunch of 2nds. All unprotected.

I still think there is almost zero chance we trade Donovan unless he publicly demands a trade.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
yeah that's a terrible idea. Just like your Rudy trade proposal. If we are to trade our franchise player in his prime, we gotta at least get one star level prospect in return, like King's Hali, or Thunder's SGA when they traded PG. At least that will guarantee us a path going forward. The trade that you proposed relies solely on the draft which the jazz aren't particularly good at.

Last edited:
Right now I'd like to see JC traded for almost anyone. Even that crazy *** announcer in Toronto. JC is Quins in game cocaine. Exciting as hell when he's in, but always regret at the outcome.
we are in a real dilemma now. JC's trade value is tanking by the day. If Quin just sits him, he'll be basically treated as a garbage contract and we might have to give up picks to get an expiring. If Quin plays him, he could get some of his values back but it's also possible that he continues to struggle and tanks his value even more.

yeah that's a terrible idea. Just like your Rudy trade proposal. If we are to trade our franchise player in his prime, we gotta at least get one star level prospect in return, like King's Hali, or Thunder's SGA when they traded PG. At least that will guarantee us a path going forward. The trade that you proposed relies solely on the draft which the jazz aren't particularly good at.
Oh, I agree. It's a terrible idea. Any idea trading Donovan is terrible.

But if he truly does demand a trade to a certain place, we lose leverage

we are in a real dilemma now. JC's trade value is tanking by the day. If Quin just sits him, he'll be basically treated as a garbage contract and we might have to give up picks to get an expiring. If Quin plays him, he could get some of his values back but it's also possible that he continues to struggle and tanks his value even more.
I don't think nba gms are as reactive as us... prior to last night JC had been trending in a good direction. I still think it is time to move him for some of the stuff we truly need but maybe his value is super terrible.

Size is part of the problem but its really just that we don't stay in front and let perimeter guys get too comfortable. Guys don't disrupt what the offense is doing... our steal and forced turnover rates are among the worst in the league.

I'm not above trading Conley but it likely causes more issues than it solves... at least this year anyway.

Who cares about this year? People are high if they think we’re winning it all.

Yes but the next year and a half he will be as good as those guys... so why would we give a first with Bogey to upgrade. I'd rather add a first to JC or Joe and see where that gets us.

The hope would be that you could keep Grant or Barnes long term. A core of Mitchel/Gobert and Grant or Barnes would be competitive in the western conference for years to come.

3 team then. If Don demands a place, we lose all leverage.

I don't think that happens though

Depends on how long his contract is at the time of demand. We don't have to trade him the place he wants and can leverage other offers against whatever NY offered. We'd lose a little leverage but not much if he has 2 years or so left on his deal.

JC is a chucker deluxe this season but not a maker. I can't imagine a GM wanting a 39% shooter and a 31% from three around.

I said in the offseason that we should trade him while his value is at its highest. It's going to be a lot harder to trade him now.

I’m probably going to pissed with any major-ish move. We’ll get the same ******** because Quin is still the largest variable in the equation, and then we’ll get “let’s give Quin a full season with _____ before we make any judgements. It’s not reasonable to integrate in that big of a piece during the season.” Then offer up some platitudes on stuff like “it took Mike Conley a year to adjust and now look he’s really good!”

Quin is the guy who keeps promising you that he’s going to get your money, and next time you see him he swears he’ll really have it that time.