What's new

True Detective

If you haven't already, watch Mud. He's great in that. The two kid actors are also awesome. Jeff Nichols is a really under appreciated filmmaker.

Yup. He was off the map for quite a while. He also has a definite reputation to him and I think for the most part it's true.
I spent a couple weeks restoring Airstream trailers in upstate New York in 2008. The outfit was actually working on one of McConaughey's trailers. Mirror finish on the panels in the bedroom. No joke.

I spent a couple weeks restoring Airstream trailers in upstate New York in 2008. The outfit was actually working on one of McConaughey's trailers. Mirror finish on the panels in the bedroom. No joke.

Sounds like something he would definitely be into.

I remember one day I was driving into work. So I pull up to the gate and there's one car in front of me. It was an old, red convertible with some shirtless dude driving it. I mean, I guess this is not weird in of itself, but come on, you're driving into one of the biggest studios in the world. So, I'm waiting there for security to check his ID and let him through and when they finally do, I pull up, flash my ID and drive through. I'm right behind the convertible. Dude makes a right and pulls into a parking space that is usually reserved for talent. I'm thinking to myself that this guy is nuts. Anyway, guy parks, get's out of his car, puts some sort of ripped shirt bandana thing aroundthe top of his head and walks into the producers building.

Matthew "Gratitude Reciprocates" Mcconaughey

learned a few days ago that it will be An anthology series.
menaing every new season different characters different story. (like american horror story)
which means it wont drag out.
every season 1 different sotry.
might have same actors, but mathew wont return for season 2.

If you haven't already, watch Mud. He's great in that. The two kid actors are also awesome. Jeff Nichols is a really under appreciated filmmaker.

"Mud" was pretty good. I think I had it built up too much and it didn't quite reach my expectations.

Here is my finale theory, take note it was posted before the episode aired, so if this is how it goes down I’m ****ing Sherlock.

I believe Maggie’s Dad is a member of the raping, Lovecraft cult, and that Marty’s eldest daughter was a victim, which is what screwed her up. I also believe that Maggie, when she was little, was also a victim. From what we hear about Carcosa and the Yellow King from the people involved, from the meth dealer to the old black maid, they seem to talk about it with deference: about immortality and the circle of time and on and on and so on. I believe the rape cult it raping under the guise that they are saving the little girls—that their innocence is a ritual sacrifice to be paid to the Yellow King, or something. I believe Maggie believes in the Yellow King and Carcosa, and is involved.

I don’t think Marty knows. But I think Marty was put on the case with Cohle in the first place so Maggie could keep an eye on the investigation—especially on Cohle, who is a very good detective from out of town.

I think Cohle, perhaps in his undercover travels, heard about this satanic cult that tortures children, and since his child died and it ruined him, and he’s just a miserable person who doesn't want to live, he decided to dedicate his life to stopping this mysterious cult, to accomplish something good and meaningful, and maybe kill himself in the process, which he clearly has a death wish. So anyway, back to Maggie. Maggie, Marty’s ex-wife, is in on it—she’s part of the family; her dad is a leading member.

I think Maggie was especially trying to keep an eye on Cohle. Which is why, in the early episodes, she’s so insistent on meeting him, on Marty bringing him over for dinner. And also why she decides to sleep with him, later—she does this not to get rid of Marty, but to get rid of Cohle. She wants him gone—he’s getting too close. By sleeping with Cohle, she breaks up the partnership, and gets him to leave town.

So I predict Maggie to be involved. Expect Maggie’s dad to be involved for sure. And I don’t know how much Marty’s eldest daughter understands what happened to her, but I’m pretty sure she was in some way a victim. Unless it’s a very clever (and overly misleading) red herring by the writerr.

Well that was some good acting. Can't say i'm fully satisfied tho.

Here is my finale theory, take note it was posted before the episode aired, so if this is how it goes down I’m ****ing Sherlock.

I believe Maggie’s Dad is a member of the raping, Lovecraft cult, and that Marty’s eldest daughter was a victim, which is what screwed her up. I also believe that Maggie, when she was little, was also a victim. From what we hear about Carcosa and the Yellow King from the people involved, from the meth dealer to the old black maid, they seem to talk about it with deference: about immortality and the circle of time and on and on and so on. I believe the rape cult it raping under the guise that they are saving the little girls—that their innocence is a ritual sacrifice to be paid to the Yellow King, or something. I believe Maggie believes in the Yellow King and Carcosa, and is involved.

I don’t think Marty knows. But I think Marty was put on the case with Cohle in the first place so Maggie could keep an eye on the investigation—especially on Cohle, who is a very good detective from out of town.

I think Cohle, perhaps in his undercover travels, heard about this satanic cult that tortures children, and since his child died and it ruined him, and he’s just a miserable person who doesn't want to live, he decided to dedicate his life to stopping this mysterious cult, to accomplish something good and meaningful, and maybe kill himself in the process, which he clearly has a death wish. So anyway, back to Maggie. Maggie, Marty’s ex-wife, is in on it—she’s part of the family; her dad is a leading member.

I think Maggie was especially trying to keep an eye on Cohle. Which is why, in the early episodes, she’s so insistent on meeting him, on Marty bringing him over for dinner. And also why she decides to sleep with him, later—she does this not to get rid of Marty, but to get rid of Cohle. She wants him gone—he’s getting too close. By sleeping with Cohle, she breaks up the partnership, and gets him to leave town.

So I predict Maggie to be involved. Expect Maggie’s dad to be involved for sure. And I don’t know how much Marty’s eldest daughter understands what happened to her, but I’m pretty sure she was in some way a victim. Unless it’s a very clever (and overly misleading) red herring by the writerr.

Seems readily apparent that a lot of folks over-thought this show.

I might be in the minority but I kind of liked that in the end Rust found hope.

Seems readily apparent that a lot of folks over-thought this show.

I might be in the minority but I kind of liked that in the end Rust found hope.

It's not hard to overthink a show that doesn't have much of a brain...

That ending was awful. So the whole thing turned out to be an eight hour episode of scooby doo. "The janitor did it." Boo.

That ending was awful. So the whole thing turned out to be an eight hour episode of scooby doo. "The janitor did it." Boo.

I saw the "let down" coming a mile away so I guess my standards weren't as high as yours - the internet is full of viewers who wrapped themselves in the show so much that they started taking ownership of their own story lines and plot twists. Sorry, but I thought the Maggie theory (which I've read in many different places) was kind of crazy.

Whoever was let down by the ending is just a speed bump.

You totally missed the point of the series. It was never about who did it.

The light is winning, indeed.

I think this show is great. And definitely worth watching. But it sucks that Rust ain't coming back for the second. The world is not fair.

They say that Brad Pitt and a chick will replace the duo. I really like watching Brad Pitt but if you put a chick near him instead of another badass partner like Woody, it is gonna suck balls whether you like it or not.

It sucks that it will be different story every season but I thought it was coming to an end and if it dragged on it would lose its charm. I am glad it ended the way it has. I wasn't let down either. Rev is right, it was all about the journey and it was made of awesome.

I think this show is great. And definitely worth watching. But it sucks that Rust ain't coming back for the second. The world is not fair.

They say that Brad Pitt and a chick will replace the duo. I really like watching Brad Pitt but if you put a chick near him instead of another badass partner like Woody, it is gonna suck balls whether you like it or not.

Brad Pitt and Mila Jovavich. That would be cool

It sucks that it will be different story every season but I thought it was coming to an end and if it dragged on it would lose its charm. I am glad it ended the way it has. I wasn't let down either. Rev is right, it was all about the journey and it was made of awesome.

thats the best way.

for example the ake **** up as we go along style. that heroes had, or once upon a time.
that SUCKS!

rather a beginning and end. then aimelssly wondering around.

enough shows that keep 1 story throughout seasons. so nice to have a few that dont

It's called "True Detective" for a reason. It's not CSI or the Mentalist, where everything is connected and makes sense, and all tied back neatly.

I also agree Rev and others here that this show was more about Marty and Rust and the choices they made, than about who did it (CSI, etc). I guess we're supposed to reflect on our own lives and that's how the show will eventually live in us forever instead of becoming just another CSI episode. It should make us want to find and cherish our own "Maggie" for example.