What's new

True Detective

Did I mention it was a great series? Enjoyed every minute of it.

Even that last episode?

I thought that show was fantastic as well but something went awry in that last episode. The added levity was complete garbage and that chase scene at the end was ****ing stupid.

Even that last episode?

I thought that show was fantastic as well but something went awry in that last episode. The added levity was complete garbage and that chase scene at the end was ****ing stupid.

It's definitely not one of them CSI endings, where, whoops a daisy, Marty's father in law was actually the kiler!!!! And Maggie was in on it!!! Who would have thought!!!! It was actually kinda boring and not spectacular. But I think that's how they wanted it. The director/writer didn't want to glorify Rust's and Mary's achievements.

Even the plot threads were wiped away. For example, just as Papania and Gilbough began explaining the backstory of the Carcosa Pedophilia and Voodoo Cult, Marty cut them off. As a viewer it is maddening. Why get us to the end of the tale and not fill us in on the evil bayou voodoo cult! But Marty doesn’t need to know. The director/writer didn't want us to know. They wanted to focus on the "inner" journey Marty and Rust had. Not as detectives, but as people, just as you and me.

I dunno, I found myself reflecting on my own life a lot more than reflecting on the story itself when the final credit rolls.... and I think that's just how the writer/director would have wanted it.

*Spoiler Alert*

Was watching this on youtube for fun, then I realised it was made by our very own Prodigy...

lol... there's a blast from the past... he will be missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LejnTJL173Y

Just about to start the season two premiere now

Just finished it.
I thought it was fantastic. Can't wait for the rest of the season

Lots of potential.

Good start.

I'm already hot for the female lead.

Too early to say

Ok so make a prediction. And if you could make a season premier-day trade with last season who would you trade and why?

Wow I think I have been spending too much time in the Jazz forum.

Ok so make a prediction. And if you could make a season premier-day trade with last season who would you trade and why?

The leading detectives for start?

I kid.. I kid...

The story from last was way more interesting in episode one than this one. And honestly the character played be matthew mconahey was possibly the best I have ever seen so really I think there is no way this season can equal the first.

One interesting thing...... I saw in the credits that mconahey and harrelson are both executive producers. Whatever that means

The story from last was way more interesting in episode one than this one. And honestly the character played be matthew mconahey was possibly the best I have ever seen so really I think there is no way this season can equal the first.

One interesting thing...... I saw in the credits that mconahey and harrelson are both executive producers. Whatever that means

I think it means they believe in the project so much they're willing to invest their own money in it. They must have really enjoyed the process, the directors and producers involved last time round.

I agree with you about Mcoghnaheyey last season. It was one of his very best performances, bar none.

This season is trash. Wow, I couldn't even get through the first episode. Rachel McAdams? What a let down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the worst acting from pretty much every character. The story is feels trite with obvious LA incentive crap. I'm pissed, I really liked season 1. I'm bummed Harrelson and McConaughey ED'd this **** just to make a buck of their great performance. I was hoping for a little more than this crap. Guh.

That was the worst acting from pretty much every character. The story is feels trite with obvious LA incentive crap. I'm pissed, I really liked season 1. I'm bummed Harrelson and McConaughey ED'd this **** just to make a buck of their great performance. I was hoping for a little more than this crap. Guh.
I was afraid this would happen.

I do hope Harrelson and MacConughey make a come back in a frw seasons though if they do feel that itch to get back into it.

Waiting to watch it next week. Can't hardly wait.