What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

Udoh with Cleveland makes a ton of sense.

He would solve problems for them. I am not sure what the trade would be though. I guess if they went Udoh for for Crowder I would do that deal. We might have to throw in one of our bottom contracts like McCree (not even sure what his contract is)

If we traded Thabo (I don't think he helps us next year after the injury) and got Skal and Richardson... then waived Joe Jesus... isn't that the best we could really hope for in a JJ trade? No one is giving up anything unless we take on bad salary and those deals don't seem to be there... We also have Favs if we want to match salary in a deal.

Possible Rubio to NY trade: Rubio for Baker, O'Quinn and Willy. We of course look to flip O'Quinn elsewhere:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yazxfkcc

Maybe we do this trade first: Favors, JoeJ and our 2018 unprotected 1st for Otto Porter and Tim Frazier. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y977nfus

Washington gets a first and almost gets out of the luxury. We waive Frazier as we try to make that Rubio to NY move.

NY wants to move one or the other... sub in Mcdermott for O'Quinn or take Willy out.

He would solve problems for them. I am not sure what the trade would be though. I guess if they went Udoh for for Crowder I would do that deal. We might have to throw in one of our bottom contracts like McCree (not even sure what his contract is)

I just threw out Udoh and Hood for Crowder and the Cleveland 1st. That trade is possible after they do the Hill deal.

Otto Porter is one of four players to have a OBPM and DBPM of above 2. The other 3: Victor Oladipo, Demarcus Cousins, and Nikola Jokic.

I don't think they have buyer's remorse, the rumor is that Porter just doesnt get along with the main group of the Wizards (Beal/Oubre/Keef/Wall). I wouldn't either if I were Porter. He is under utilized in Washington's system, which is why everyone thinks he is the one talking behind Wall's back about the ball movement.

From what I've seen of Porter he plays amazingly efficient. His contract is crazy but when compared to dumbass Haywood's contract it isn't so bad (and I consider Porter a solid 2nd or 3rd option; same as Haywood). I like Fournier a lot but if we can get Porter for the right price it should happen.

I like Porter better but he is not several tiers above Fournier. I think they are probably in about the same tier of player. But we all know you are a huge Porter homer so we can take your assessment with a grain of salt.
Porter is All-Star tier and Fournier is solid starter tier.

People will balk at that just because Porter's counting stats are so low, but that is partly due to Wall/Beal being so ball dominant. Porter can do a lot more playmaking wise, he just isnt put in the position to do so. Even with that said, advanced stats have him as one of the most impactful players in the NBA.

Possible Rubio to NY trade: Rubio for Baker, O'Quinn and Willy. We of course look to flip O'Quinn elsewhere:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yazxfkcc

Maybe we do this trade first: Favors, JoeJ and our 2018 unprotected 1st for Otto Porter and Tim Frazier. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y977nfus

Washington gets a first and almost gets out of the luxury. We waive Frazier as we try to make that Rubio to NY move.
Flip O'Quinn to GSW for some kind of draft pick. We know how much DL likes to help them get rings.

If we traded Thabo (I don't think he helps us next year after the injury) and got Skal and Richardson... then waived Joe Jesus... isn't that the best we could really hope for in a JJ trade? No one is giving up anything unless we take on bad salary and those deals don't seem to be there... We also have Favs if we want to match salary in a deal.

I'd trade them Hood+Bradley for Skal, Richardson, and Giles. Dunno if they'd do that though

From what I've seen of Porter he plays amazingly efficient. His contract is crazy but when compared to dumbass Haywood's contract it isn't so bad (and I consider Porter a solid 2nd or 3rd option; same as Haywood). I like Fournier a lot but if we can get Porter for the right price it should happen.
I mean, the question is: Can you get anything better for Hood/Burks/Favors? The answer is probably no (also the answer is the Wizards probably say no). But the Jazz arent going to have money issues until they have to start paying Donovan, and that will happen when Porter's contract is up. Then you can either re-sign Porter, who might be cheaper on his next deal, or go in a different direction as Utah will still have all their draft picks.

I repeat:
Get Porter and get Mirotic.

I think its possible. I would be very happy to see that.

I would also be happy to see Oubre, OG, Fournier instead of Porter with varying levels of happiness. I would also be happy to see Love, Skal, Bender, Aaron Gordon or Jabari to varying levels of excitement instead of Mirotic.