What's new

Warriors, Jazz and Nuggets in sign-and-trade talks......

I'm assuming that's one of the 2nd rounders we already knew we were getting and not a 3rd 2nd rounder?

This post brought to you by UGLI baby

He doesn't really say what we get back.
Probably just more flexibility and darft picks.

"Foye, 29, has had stops with Minnesota, Washington and the Los Angeles Clippers. He'll join a Denver backcourt that includes Ty Lawson, Andre Miller and Evan Fournier. The Nuggets also made a draft night deal to acquire shooting guard Erick Green of Virginia Tech."

maybe we can get green back? i liked the sound of him.

i know it's probably not a popular opinion but we're gonna miss foye's shooting next year.

Denver already has more wings than KFC: Fornier, Brewer, Hamilton, Quincy Miller, Chandler, Galinari....plus their combo guard Erick Green. Now Foye. Why don't they send one of those back to us. They can't carry all those guys.

I could see the Jazz doing this as a favor to Randy Foye. They had apparently talked about signing him for 3 years when they recruited him last year.

I'm all for 2nd round picks, but why help the Warriors out.

Lets say in the 2014 draft a bottom dweller was open to trading a pick in the 3 to 7 range. Two teams, about the same standings wise, offer 3 first round picks to you, but one offers 4 second round picks as compared to one, which one do you take? Just a thought for what it is worth.

Lets say in the 2014 draft a bottom dweller was open to trading a pick in the 3 to 7 range. Two teams, about the same standings wise, offer 3 first round picks to you, but one offers 4 second round picks as compared to one, which one do you take? Just a thought for what it is worth.

I get that side to it, but say the Warriors sign a MLE guy whose contributions win them 2-4 games and bump that pick from a 20 to say a 24. And say the first team's offer second first round pick is a 27 or so. Wouldn't a team pick the 20 to the 27 even without the additional second round picks (as opposed to picking the 24 to the 27 without the picks)? And if they are that critical to a trade can't Lindsey just acquire them later?

Perhaps in reality either side is an extreme scenario not worth arguing about though.

Why are the Jazz being so nice?

LOL..

- Jazz ****ed Denver twice over for Gobert..

- Then proceeded to **** GSW over for the '14 pick, '17 pick and 2nd round picks for Kevin Murphy

In summary, I think the least they could do is facilitate this blimmin' deal for those 2 teams.

Denver already has more wings than KFC: Fornier, Brewer, Hamilton, Quincy Miller, Chandler, Galinari....plus their combo guard Erick Green. Now Foye. Why don't they send one of those back to us. They can't carry all those guys.

I could see the Jazz doing this as a favor to Randy Foye. They had apparently talked about signing him for 3 years when they recruited him last year.

LOL.. you make it hard for me not to rep you!!!

I'm very good with it. If nothing else it's just further evidence of our commitment to the youth movement.
Also, I am so impressed with the moves of late that I will give the FO the benefit of the doubt next time I do see a questionable deal.. that there's more to it than appears on the surface.

That's hard for me because my natural inclination is to believe most people are complete idiots... so I have been REALLY impressed.

Why the hell are we working with Denver and Golden st and not working with Miami to bring king James here?

Damn you Lindsey!

FIRE LINDSEY!

Lol keep the assets coming. Tank this year and score big in next year's draft. Boo yeah!

Seriously though...

I don't understand the hate that Foye seems to receive on these boards. IMO, he was one of the few bright spots from last year. Was he Kobe Bryant? No. But he proved himself capable for a 15-20 minute 3 point bomber. I'd rather have too many shooters than too few. In fact, I'd rather have Foye back than any of our PGs from last year, Marvin Williams, the garbage from Golden St., and Jeremy Evans.

I get that we have Rush now. Which is fine. But why not bring Foye back for cheap? If he's down and wouldn't be a cancer, let him come off our bench, nail a few 3s, bring the crowd into it, and sit down before he can be exploited defensively.

Having too many shooters is better than not having enough.