What's new

Warriors, Jazz and Nuggets in sign-and-trade talks......

What if we play Golden State the last game of the season. If we win we have the 5th worst record, but Golden State is a lottery team. We lose we have the 3rd worst record, GS is the eight seed. Who do we root for??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or the Boozer to Chicago sign and Trade that we then flipped for Al Jefferson.

Chicago certainly did not have to help us in that situation. I seem to remember reading an article about KOC and their GM having a history too.

Thank you!!

What if we play Golden State the last game of the season. If we win we have the 5th worst record, but Golden State is a lottery team. We lose we have the 3rd worst record, GS is the eight seed. Who do we root for??

The refs?

3rd worst record is guaranteed top six pick!!! 14th -18th pick runs roughly the same!!

Man.. maybe I'm just way too confident, but I just see no chance the Jazz bring in Jimmer. The extra ticket sales and merchandising (after splits) doesn't seem to be worth disrupting what's being assembled. I think there is no question Jimmer becomes a major distraction and I doubt the FO needs to have the team frustrated that the fans are screaming for Jimmer the whole game... doesn't add up to me.

Weirder things can happen like Rasheed Wallace becoming an assistant coach. If it only costs us like a 2nd round pick the Millers and FO may consider the extra ticket and merchandising sales worth it. If it did not work out we simply dont pick up his option for next year and create more cap space.

We root for the higher pick in the '14 draft.

Guys, you're missing the main point of this whole story: Foye is NOT returning to the Jazz. I repeat, FOYE IS NOT RETURNING to the Jazz.

happy-dance.gif

We should let the Assistant Coaches play in this case.

The good news is you won't have to root for anything as I'm quite sure it won't change the outcome. If you're wanting to be titillated by the adrenaline then I suppose you could go either way. Unfortunately, there's just no way to know if that's a win-win, win-lose or lose-lose situation until those ping pong balls fall.

I'm assuming that's one of the 2nd rounders we already knew we were getting and not a 3rd 2nd rounder?

This post brought to you by UGLI baby

1st reply in this thread^

Here's something that just came to mind: Maybe part of the mega-pick/salary dump negotiations was GS getting confirmation that the Jazz would play ball in helping GS get Iguodala in a S/T. Seems very possible, especially since the details on the 2nd rounders have been murky and that I've heard that it is two 2nd rounders and also heard that it was THREE second rounders. Maybe this is the key to the murkiness.

This is what I think is the most likely scenario. I dont think this is necessarily a "seperate" deal. I wonder if we actually get three 2nd's or if this is one of the 2. I bet it's one of the 2.

Foye was worth more than we were will to pay and the role we would offer Foye isn't what he wanted.

On the draft pick part 2nd picks can be valuable- if nothing else as trade chips. And I expect we will continue to wheel and deal.

This is what I think is the most likely scenario. I dont think this is necessarily a "seperate" deal. I wonder if we actually get three 2nd's or if this is one of the 2. I bet it's one of the 2.

When it all breaks down wednesday will rep if you were right!!

Here's something that just came to mind: Maybe part of the mega-pick/salary dump negotiations was GS getting confirmation that the Jazz would play ball in helping GS get Iguodala in a S/T. Seems very possible, especially since the details on the 2nd rounders have been murky and that I've heard that it is two 2nd rounders and also heard that it was THREE second rounders. Maybe this is the key to the murkiness.

I'm thinking the same thing, because none of the deals can really go through until the 10th anyway. I'm hoping it's 3 second round picks but who knows.

I'm very interested to hear the details of the 2nd rounders, too. Here's to hoping we got three of them.

Should have just let the chips fall where they may. A gutted Golden State team would have been worth more to the Jazz than another pick. Oh well. Gotta just hope that health issues hurt the warriors and net the Jazz a good pick in 2014.