What's new

Warriors, Jazz and Nuggets in sign-and-trade talks......

I think the Jazz may be doing this as a favor to Foye and his agent. The Jazz had supposedly promised Foye more years when they recruited him a year ago.

"Using the sign-and-trade, however, means Golden State will have a hard cap. New CBA rules state that teams receiving a player in a sign-and-trade cannot for any reason go more than more than $4 million above the luxury tax line – which is expected to be $75.6 million.

The Warriors are at about $59 million, including non-guaranteed contracts and Iguodala’s first year is just shy of $12 million. That would leave Golden State about $16 million of room to add players, including the MLE to sign a free-agent."

The first trade left GS with $23M in trade exceptions. Now they're actually down to less than that by structuring the Iggy deal as a S&T. We've effectively helped GS back themselves into a limited spending zone. I guess a few quailty FA's are still available, but the W's could have still traded for players with their exceptions. Point is, if they want to fill their roster, they'd find a way to do it. Jack and Landry have already agreed to terms with other teams, so mission accomplished on that front. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Warriors used their newly regained MLE to sign Mo as a replacement for Jack?

I think the Jazz will trade a player and their 2014 pick to move up in the draft as high as they can. The GSW pick is a bonus that lets us replace the player we trade.

I think Mo Williams would want a bigger deal, but lets see. The priority for the Ws should be a back-up big, and they may be venturing into Chuck Hayes / Jermaine O'Neal territory.

Also, the Jazz would get a small TPE with this move ($3M), which could factor into a deal at the deadline or next summer. It just gives the Jazz even more flexibility.

I think Mo Williams would want a bigger deal, but lets see. The priority for the Ws should be a back-up big, and they may be venturing into Chuck Hayes / Jermaine O'Neal territory.
Was just being funny with Mo. At this point, is there anything left for him OTHER than an MLE deal? Hey, maybe we'll be asked to get involved in an S&T transaction involving Mo!

K i haven't read the whole thread but just going through the first 2 pages I see a lot of people not happy with helping the Warriors. Truth is we really didn't help them. They well still have a hard cap with at the Lux tax line because they are doing a sign and trade. So they can only spend up to that point. Who this really helps is Denver and Randy Foye. Denver because now they don't loose Iggy for nothing by getting back Foye and a trade Exp. But really this is the FO doing a solid for Foye. He came in on a 1 year deal last year trying to give him self more value for his next contract. The Jazz now that they have Rush don't need him any longer so they work out a deal were he gets 3 years. Something there is no way he was getting as a FA. So really they just hurt Denver's cap even more by taking him on. And for being nice guys to Denver and Foye we get another 2nd round draft pick for free. Sounds like FO pulled another good deal.

Nice response. I'm still sticking with my blind faith in the FO.

Last time PKM had this much blind faith:
*coach Cal seductively removes his tie after recruiting mission
*fastens it to PKM as a blindfold
*then PKM hears the descent of two zippers

#GooseBumps #BlindFaith

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];610994 said:
Last time PKM had this much blind faith:
*coach Cal seductively removes his tie after recruiting mission
*fastens it to PKM as a blindfold
*then PKM hears the descent of two zippers

#GooseBumps #BlindFaith

Well that was awfully creative. You can do better than that PP.

images