What's new

We Got Swindled by Sexton (And Eddie Zero Sucks)

How many 6th men make 17 million a year right now?
The reigning 6th man of the year just got $30M+

Adjust for cap inflation and JC right there too. It ain't about just one year... cap going to be 50% higher during this deal. I think perennial 6th man of the year contender is Sexton's floor (assuming he's healthy).

The reigning 6th man of the year just got $30M+

Adjust for cap inflation and JC right there too. It ain't about just one year... cap going to be 50% higher during this deal. I think perennial 6th man of the year contender is Sexton's floor (assuming he's healthy).
Damn, you are very high on Sexton.

Efficient volume scorer when his team was consistently down 20 in meaningless games.
Yeah because the combo of Sexton, Cedi Osman, Tristan Thompson, and Larry Nance was supposed to take the NBA by storm.

Efficient volume scorers who don't make teammates better are great bench sparkplug types. We pulled JC out of Sexton's exact situation and he helped us in that role. It really ain't this hard.

Dunno why anyone thought he was that great. I've hated watching him play every time since watching him with the Cavs Dumbest player ever Lovely kid tho

Yeah because the combo of Sexton, Cedi Osman, Tristan Thompson, and Larry Nance was supposed to take the NBA by storm.

Efficient volume scorers who don't make teammates better are great bench sparkplug types. We pulled JC out of Sexton's exact situation and he helped us in that role. It really ain't this hard.
In the season before injury , he really wasn't not ever ball hogging either. ( not like his first seasons ) He was in fact the first option , if Love wasn't out there, most often. What I see on those teams most of the time, is he could have averaged 30 by then if he was stat adding,and if they were not tanking running the O through a less than 100% version of Garland for a couple seasons where he was not very effective besides getting the centers action.

Directly from Woj’s article:

When guard Immanuel Quickley was proposed as a replacement for Grimes in the trade, Utah wanted three unprotected first-round draft picks as part of the package -- but New York would only do a third first-round pick that included top-five protections, sources said. Those packages would've included Milwaukee's 2025 first-round pick, two second-round picks, two pick swaps and two expiring contracts from a third team, sources said. New York would've moved out Evan Fournier and a first-round pick to a third team to spare Utah taking on Fournier's remaining $37 million, sources said.

Cavs deal really isn’t even close to that rich since the Knicks probably cough up two lottery picks out of those three and the Jazz will be lucky to get one from the Cavs. Add onto that that the Jazz got good players at a time when they need them the least they have in franchise history and it’s a no brainer. IMO.

You do realize that Shams and Woj reported this differently. I tend not to believe Woj, because he reported some questionable stuff during the negotiation while Shams took crap for stating that The Jazz has offers from other teams that they liked, which was obviously true. Woj was the one with the "Well the Knicks offered all the stuff Danny wanted wayyyy back at the start" after the trade was done, which was obvious bullcrap. I'm not saying Woj lied, he just reported exactly what he was told uncritically. Shams stuck by his story even when nobody believed him about the "other teams with offers." The Jazz had no reason to lie about the deal from the Knicks side. The Knicks certainly did.

You do realize that Shams and Woj reported this differently. I tend not to believe Woj, because he reported some questionable stuff during the negotiation while Shams took crap for stating that The Jazz has offers from other teams that they liked, which was obviously true. Woj was the one with the "Well the Knicks offered all the stuff Danny wanted wayyyy back at the start" after the trade was done, which was obvious bullcrap. I'm not saying Woj lied, he just reported exactly what he was told uncritically. Shams stuck by his story even when nobody believed him about the "other teams with offers." The Jazz had no reason to lie about the deal from the Knicks side. The Knicks certainly did.
Why was the Knicks thing offering a better early package BS?

That was the whole thing, the Knicks were progressively making their offer less and less because they thought they had leverage and no one else would step up. I believe it. I think DA was being greedy early and the Knicks tried to punish him for it.

Woj/Shams are certainly mouthpieces for certain things, but I do think they report accurate information for the most part. They just frame it in ways that benefit the people they need it to benefit.