What's new

We HAVE to make a trade.

I don't think we have a great shot, but Mahinmi's contract is horrid. Minnesota tried so hard go dump Dieng with Butler but couldn't.

Rubio, Burks, Thabo, Bradley, 1st rounders and 2nd rounders for Beal and Mahinmi is a strong offer.

Wiz avoid luxury, shed $40+ million and get multiple 1sts. Not bad...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9wwgal3

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I've been skeptical the Jazz could/would put even close to the best offer together for Beal. I must say though, that is a good offer. Being able to shed Mahimni's contract and get a 1st round draft pick would be incredible for Washington. It really would save them $40 million off the books for next year.

Nothing major is going to happen until the 15th of January at the earliest.

The best the Jazz could do now is get a vet on a team that decides they want to full embrace tanking. A lot of teams are doing well right now though, so I dont know who'd that be.

Are the Cavs realistic and not asking too much for Korver?

Would the Suns move off of Ariza?

Edit* Ariza is probably January 15th as well, so nvm*

Those are the only two real possibilities I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCS
Nothing major is going to happen until the 15th of January at the earliest.

The best the Jazz could do now is get a vet on a team that decides they want to full embrace tanking. A lot of teams are doing well right now though, so I dont know who'd that be.

Are the Cavs realistic and not asking too much for Korver?

Would the Suns move off of Ariza?

Those are the only two real possibilities I can think of off the top of my head.
I'm with you on Korver, can't defend but neither can we.

And he isn’t good enough to dress and get some playing time in a game we got blown the eff out...

What are you saying?

How does it being a blowout have any effect on him being good enough to be dressed?

He's the 4th big, he isn't going to be on the active roster if the other bigs are healthy.

Dennis Lindsey doesn't do major trades, it's just not his m.o. I expect him to make a minor deal right at the deadline that doesn't really move the needle at all.

What are you saying?

How does it being a blowout have any effect on him being good enough to be dressed?

He's the 4th big, he isn't going to be on the active roster if the other bigs are healthy.

I’m saying he’s not good enough to dress... which means he doesn’t even get playing time when we are in a blowout situation... he’s not good enough that the coach would consider dressing him over Udoh.

He. Can’t. Get. On. The. Court.

We do have to make a trade. Just way too many average players on this team. And thinking in terms of “untreadable players” is shortsighted. Everyone is tradable if you’re getting something better in return. Rudy, DM, Joe - I get it, Rudy is our anchor, he loves Utah and we love him, he is the defensive player of the year, but we can’t score to save our lives. So how about we make Favors our starting center... who could we get for Rudy? Because Rudy would certainly bring back a superstar. And that’s what we need. How does a starting five of KD, DM, Rubio, Joe, and Favors sound? Favors is a solid to great center, but he HE IS NOT A MODERN DAY PF. The point is... let’s make a trade. To be honest, the only truly untreadable player, because of his youth and contract, is DM.

Favors/Thabo gets Washington out of Otto Porter's salary and gives us a versatile wing who can shoot.

Edit: That's a tough contract to swallow though.

Last edited:
After watching us play, I'm ready to gamble on Fultz. This makes sense for all 3 teams:

Jazz get Fultz and Korkmaz
Sixers get Korver and Burks
Cavs get Muscala, Bradley and multiple 2nd rounders from us
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yczy8by8

Why for Sixers - they want shooting and quality depth without sacrificing 2019 free agency. Burks and Korver are both expiring.

Why for Cavs - they aren't getting a 1st for Korver but they might be happy with a young center like Bradley and multiple 2nd rounders.

Why for us - we roll the dice on a guy who might just need better development. He is worth the risk because we desperately need another scorer. Korkmaz could be a diamond in the rough on this deal too.

Get Fultz now and then look to deal in January when Favors, Neto, Exum, and even Rubio could be on the table.

If we added Fultz now and then somebody like Otto Porter in January, our future is brighter than with what qe currently have:

Fultz, Mitchell, Ingles, Porter, Gobert. I think this lineup has what we need if Fultz figures it out. Risk worth taking.

Fultz is exactly what we need... if we have decided to tank the season.

can we go back in time and sign bellijnca?
It blows my mind that we didn't go hard for Mirotic or bel. They would have been perfect for us. But guys, who are we kidding ourselves? We all know we are only going to go after defensive players in the off season who can't shoot

Who’s job is it to get assets?
He got Mitchell/Gobert/Ingles...

Sorry he wasnt the GM of a team that tanked for years on years and stockpiled them, didnt have Billy King to **** over, and isn't on a team where free agents lineup to join.

And the players you have need to play well. If O'Neale/Exum took a step forward, they'd be assets. If Crowder could consistently play like Boston Jae, he'd be a major asset. I don't think those 3 things where pie in the sky hopes. They should be happening.

This isnt even close to being DL's fault.

Last edited:
After watching us play, I'm ready to gamble on Fultz. This makes sense for all 3 teams:

Jazz get Fultz and Korkmaz
Sixers get Korver and Burks
Cavs get Muscala, Bradley and multiple 2nd rounders from us
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yczy8by8

Why for Sixers - they want shooting and quality depth without sacrificing 2019 free agency. Burks and Korver are both expiring.

Why for Cavs - they aren't getting a 1st for Korver but they might be happy with a young center like Bradley and multiple 2nd rounders.

Why for us - we roll the dice on a guy who might just need better development. He is worth the risk because we desperately need another scorer. Korkmaz could be a diamond in the rough on this deal too.

If we can get Fultz for that we should absolutely go for it. Get him out of the Philly pressure cooker. Our great group of guys would make him welcome, we could lower expectations and most of all give him time to get right. Let him get back to it in the D league for a bit.

At this point, I'm on board with the mid size trades we've had over the last couple years. Doesn't have to be a huge one.

Before the start of last season, DL made a smart move for Rubio that was pretty low cost, and far better than the Hill trade.
Ricky's had a rough season but there is no way we make the playoffs without him.

Mid season, DL dumps Hood straight up for Crowder. Again, that probably got us to the playoffs, or at least made it easier.

The assets are there to replicate it that. It doesn't have to be for an Otto Porter or Kevin Love right now. If there's a move
for I dunno, Mirotic or a starter below that level, that would be the shot in the arm needed. Consolidate Burks, O'Neale,
maybe Exum, etc. in to a solid 6th man guard to back up Mitchell and Rubio, or a better back up for Favors/Gobert/Crowder.
Maybe Fultz fits the bill. Pick a winner between him and Exum and go from there. Maybe that allows Exum to become the wing
he should evolve in to.

DL hasn't been as aggressive as I'd like. But he made a plan and stuck to it, and has consistently progressed trade by trade.
I just want him to keep it up.